The Carmody Hour.

Cynical or Naïve? (tick one).

CASA “If you are a member of Australia’s aviation industry with a genuine interest in the future of aviation safety, then please go to the - etc.”

At the last BRB darts evening there was about 300 years of current, senior, ‘collective’ industry expertise across a fairly wide spectrum of disciplines sitting about, chatting to another 150 collective years of not so senior experience. From within the PAIN network I could, without raising a sweat, present double that number to any committee genuinely interested in sorting out the incredible tangle Australian aviation has been mired in for the last three decades. Few of those, if any will even bother to express an interest in working with CASA - again. (Oh, it’s all been done before children, this ain’t new).

Why? You may ask, why would they not lend that experience to the common good?

Well, ‘tis a simple enough answer; for most, after many years of proffering that good advice and been told to ‘pull their heads in’ or; seeing good operational and administrative sense denigrated; or, overturned by the existing CASA delegates; or, watching good resolutions diluted and wasted by ministerial incompetence, simply can’t be bothered. If CASA refused to see sense, listen to logic or even consider putting good advice into practice during the last 20 or so years, what’s going change now? For example.

Some of the purblind fools, still working for CASA have flatly refused (for various reasons) to hear or see the solid logic previously offered, so what’s going to be different this time? CASA have wasted a not so small fortune hiring those who have dug this pit we are all trapped in, and now, suddenly they expect those who have been denigrated and ignored for years to step in and sort it all out.

CEO Carmody has some bloody good folk working for him; but, they are out gunned and out numbered by the dross and pretenders. His agency problems are internal, ruthless surgery is required before any ‘external’ remedy can be invoked. Once the surgery is complete, the recovery can begin; without surgery the patient will simply linger, in a coma, until someone, out of kindness, pulls the plug and ends the misery.

Bonus gifts – hire Mike Smith; make Fawcett junior minister and watch things really change. Until then, enjoy the piss and wind sessions, waste more time, effort and money trying to keep the patient alive with Band aids, Asprin and company Kool Aid.  There you go, solid advice, gratis.

Toot toot.

Anyone who believes that yet more advice and industry advisors will turn General Aviation around and that this is real consultation must have little knowledge of the last 30 years.

The gall of CASA to ask for industry help again and again and again; its breathtaking, and dishonest because if CASA was genuine it would have real reforms in place right now. No experts are needed and to expect people just to be hanging around twiddling thumbs waiting to help poor old uneducated CASA with some common sense (what’s the pay?) is just too stupid for words.

Nothing will put GA back on a growth path without political heat from publicity and lobbying. Bring on Tamworth Mark 11 in Sydney and make it bigger than Ben Hur.
AVMED, independent instructors, LAME training and ASIC reforms, plain as the nose on your face. Then FAA rules or NZ.

I hear that the helicopter industry has jacked up and demanded that the new rules will be held off and they will only go by the old rules. Hope I hear correctly.

The Holy hand grenade of ‘expertise’.

Being older and slightly more ‘worldly’ I can see many pit-falls and traps in the Carmody call for industry ‘experts’. Now, the TV watching masses consider ol’ What’shizname  - him, from WA ‘an expert’. Ye gods, imagine being tarred with the same brush; or, having the audacity to declare yourself as ‘an expert’. There’ll only be two ‘types’ of expert applying for a gig with the CASA asap (Oxymoron noted? Anyone?); neither, I may add is of any practical value: whatsoever.

Some of us ain’t bad at herding a load of ‘tin’ from A to B; but it’s a mind-set. Drivers (airframe) ‘think’ a lot differently to bureaucrats, law makers, auditors, and the like. Mostly due to the need to ‘anticipate’ and to ‘fix’, as expediently as humanly possible, any  potential ‘problem’.

While I can (in a non cynical frame of mind) appreciate the Carmody moves; I fail to see the value in them. Take the ‘rules’ as an example; like most I can find my way about the hodgepodge - caravan sized rule set. I can, with some ease, identify the ridiculous, the profane and the plain old stupid. BUT, could I sit down, tomorrow and restructure the whole system? The short answer is NO. It is an enormous task. Now asking a dumb bunny to draft ‘legislation’ for flight crew licencing; or engineering; or anything else of significance is fraught with peril. The scribblings of the DB being drafted into ‘law’ by scribes who have absolutely NFI the spirit and intent of the scribblings, borders on insanity. Yet for almost as many years as I’ve had aircraft strapped to my arse; this is what has happened. Fact.

There are some awful clever folk lurking about the ‘corridors of power’. I’ve even met a couple, nice chaps – and; if explained to them ‘properly’ I’m bloody sure they could draft an ‘Act’ which would meet 87% of both the industry and public needs. So, with a ‘good’ act in place a sensible rule set would be able to follow along. Never get it all right – mission impossible – however; a simple, practical, useful rule set, which both encouraged and permitted operators to move away from ‘basic’ compliance and reduced the risk of ‘accidental’ (due complexity) ‘non-compliance’ would be a great thing.

Do you know, I’ve personally seen more good sense written ‘out’ of an Operations Manual to ‘satisfy’ a half witted FOI than I’ve ever seen written into one. Fact (demonstrable and provable).

The ‘expertise’ to do this this is not, Mr Carmody, to be found in the rank and file of this industry. Sure we can tell you exactly and precisely what is ‘wrong’ – but can we fix it? No Sir, we cannot. Now the Kiwi’s got smart and the rest of the world is desperately trying to follow suite. There are a few wrinkles in the NZ rules set which I, personally, would iron out – but that’s me. It is the ramifications and ‘blow-back’ of messing about with complex ‘law’ (writ to ensure safe prosecution) which causes the anxiety – well, that and bloody politicians, knee jerking and farting every time they may be seen to responsible. Make me laugh that crowd, take the money, take the perks, take the glory, take every damn thing on offer – except the responsibility. And that, dear Sir is where pilots, engineers and ATCO differ – we are always first and foremost to accept and acknowledge ‘our responsibility’. ‘We’ are conscious of it.

I wonder how 6D AGAD would like to be held criminally responsible, under strict liability for any minor infraction of the rules he is supposed to be bound by. Sorry Mr. C industry can tell you every little thing wrong – there may even be some ‘solutions’ but ‘reform’ of the regulations is a job for law makers who understand what is ‘needful’ , what is wasted and that which is purblind foolishness, folly and waste. Hire some wizards; sack the flying instructors and wannabe jet jocks – get some good auditors and a sane audit system; one which assists. Ah, WTF am I thinking – industry talking to CASA – (quiet chuckle). Endit….

Arrggh – empty glass, full bladder, enough waffle. Set ‘em up son and clean the board, we’ll play another round – when I get back (won’t be long)……….

Carmody's proof & pudding - Confused

Apparently old mate Carmody was un-impressed that the ongoing embuggerance of DJ was dragged, by out going Senator Nick, into the hot bed of CASA vs the RRAT committee in Senate Estimates -  Shy

Reference: Nick's final Estimates & tabled docs

Quote:Senator XENOPHON: Okay, but it seems, on the face of it, that it is having a bearing on the decisions made by CASA given that there was an email from Malcolm Campbell on 6 October 2017 to Fred van der Heide.

Or here at 09:35 -

...plus the docs were released under the FOI so technically they are available to anyone un-redacted if requested - or not... [Image: wink.gif]  ( see here: Vol 1 & Vol 2)

However the real 'proof in the pudding' (IMO) that Carmody Capers is nothing more than yet another bureaucratic footstool to yet another Ministerial WOFTAM, lies in the disturbing and overwhelming dichotomy of evidence that CC is talking the talk but not walking the walk on 'Just Culture': The Leopard (Carmody) reveals it's spots

Quote:"I am making it very clear to CASA staff and the aviation community that we will use information in the interests of safety and in a manner consistent with the 'just culture' principles reflected in our regulatory philosophy."

Go to the instruction on the limitations on the use of safety information.

For example one of the areas of effective administrative transparency and trust with Government (& its agencies like CASA) can be effectively displayed, is through compliance with the FOI Act 1982.

In CASA's case compliance with the FOI Act would appear to be extremely dubious.

Reference from the 27/11/17 Senate Estimates Hansard:
Quote:Senator XENOPHON: But there's a CASA disclosure log on the web, of documents, isn't there?

Mr Carmody : Yes, there is.

Senator XENOPHON: Does that relate to documents such as standard form recommendations or not?

Dr Aleck : I think under the FOI legislation there are some limitations about what goes on there. But anything that we're required to post publicly will be on there.

Senator XENOPHON: So there's no question that these documents that weren't posted publicly should have been posted publicly? Can you take that into account?

Dr Aleck : If they were within the category of documents that ought to have been identified then I—

Senator XENOPHON: If you could take that on notice.

Dr Aleck : I will, yes.

However referencing the CASA FOI disclosure log it would seem that CASA is anything but forthcoming and transparent under the FOI Act (note the recent update date):

Quote:..Information attached to, or referred to, in CASA's disclosure log will generally be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.

CASA's Freedom of Information Disclosure

FOI Reference

Summary

Exemption 9 September 2016
F16/4491

Seeking access to risk assessments for the changes to CASR Part 101 to determine any possible risk or hazard it would present to current aviation activities and the general public.
-
Last updated: 22 August 2017

IMO it is absolutely not possible that there has be no documents released by CASA under the FOI, since 9 September 2016, that meet the FOI Act ToR for disclosure.

The next proof in the pudding for CC lies in the fact that the CASA Enforcement Manual is yet to be amended since January 2016 and still contains former DAS McComic's moniker in the preface:

Quote:Enforcement manual

Our enforcement manual outlines the policies and strategies we have in place for aviation safety compliance.

Director's preface

Revision history (last update January 2016)

Table of Contents

1. About this manual
  2. CASA's Enforcement Policy
  3. Initiating the Enforcement Process
  4. Compliance-Related Action
  5. Civil Action - Enforceable Voluntary Undertakings (EVUs)
  6. Administrative Action
  7. Administrative Action - Serious and Imminent Risk
  8. Infringement Notices (Administrative Fines)
  9. Voluntary Reporting - Aviation Self Reporting Scheme
  10. The Demerit Points Scheme
  11. Criminal Action - Prosecution
  12. Access
  13. Gathering Evidence and Handling Exhibits
  14. Note Taking
  15. Interviewing
  16. Detaining Aircraft
  17. Police Assistance
Complete manual

Last updated: 25 August 2017

Note again that the EM webpage recently updated and that CC in Estimates would appear to be cognisant of at least some of the contents contained within the CASA EM:

Quote:Senator XENOPHON: Some more than others! Time is limited. I wasn't in the room, but you said earlier that it's important that CASA applies rule in a consistent and fair manner in terms of enforcement.

Mr Carmody : That's correct.

Senator XENOPHON: You stand by that? I want to go to the issue of Dominic James, the pilot at the centre of the Pel-Air inquiry. You're very familiar with that inquiry. Mr James is at a point where he's ready to move from being copilot of a Falcon jet to pilot in command of a multicrew flight. And, by the way, I have permission from Mr James to raise these issues. There's a question as to whether CASA is imposing unreasonable requirements on him before they will permit him to be endorsed as a pilot in command. There's a standard form recommendation. You're familiar with the standard form recommendation?

Mr Carmody : Yes.

CHAIR: All right. You're well aware of the sensitivities, Senator Xenophon, so you have the call.

Senator XENOPHON: It is a sensitive issue. The standard form recommendation, as I understand it, is a document relating to adding references to a flight crew licence condition. Is that right?

Mr Carmody : In reality it's a recommendation that might have many functions. It's a way of combining information to a decision-maker like me, a recommendation for us to take a particular course of action. So it might not be licensing; it could be anything.

Senator XENOPHON: Sure, but the normal course is that for the document to be a valid document, it ought to be a signed document—is that right?

Mr Carmody : Yes, that would be reasonable.

Senator XENOPHON: That's in terms of the appropriateness. My understanding is that a recommendation was made, but it was not signed off. In other words, are you satisfied, and you may want to take this on notice, that the standard form recommendation that I have referred you to is appropriately executed so as to be a valid document?

Mr Carmody : I'd have to take it on notice. I haven't got the document. I don't know the date of the document.

Senator XENOPHON: So there's a question there: is the standard form recommendation incomplete? I asked you to take that on notice. If it is in some way incomplete or deficient, that may have some bearing on the decision-making process of CASA. It's a technical question, but could you take that on notice?

Mr Carmody : I'll take it on notice, but if it's a current standard form recommendation, then, as I said before, that's why I'd like to review it. The standard form recommendation that I assume underpins the original decision probably has not changed. Anyway, I'll take it on notice and have a look at it.

Senator XENOPHON: Okay, but there's a question as to the deficiency of that form. My concern is that an internal CASA email, which I've just referred to, reveals that an official is having regard to the draft ATSB report in his handling of Mr James' proficiency check. As a general principle, can you take that into regard? My understanding is that it breaches the Transport Safety Investigation Act?

Simply put the evidence presented by DAS Carmody at Senate Estimates would appear to directly contradict his 'just culture' instruction and protestations in defence of CASA's current  enforcement policy inflicted on industry stakeholders under his watch... Dodgy

MTF...P2 Cool

Comedy degenerates into Farce.

CHAIR: Some more than others!

Senator XENOPHON: Time is limited. I wasn't in the room, but you said earlier that it's important that CASA applies rule in a consistent and fair manner in terms of enforcement.

Mr Carmody That's correct.

Senator XENOPHON: You stand by that?

Bollocks - The disgusting enforcement manual still stands - untouched. Watch the Carmody visage 03:10. He’s good, but not that good; Carmody don’t like the smell of this – watch on.  NX flags what’s coming (IMO loosing some advantage). The Carmody visage returns to it’s normal state, as he slips into the comfort zone of:-

Mr Carmody : While you're doing that consistent with my previous testimony, it would be my preference not to deal with cases of individuals in front of the committee, but, if you so wish, I'm happy to respond.

NX ain’t even going to bother responding to that old wheeze. The ordinance is launched. What follows is pure theatre. NX puts Carmody on notice –08:09 - the Pel-Air disgrace is not done and dusted. How Carmody deals with this will be worth following; he has shown absolutely no interest, none whatsoever in ‘history’; even less in the antics of some of his employee’s.

The Carmody hour is starting to look, smell and feel like a replay of the usual CEO nonsense. Window dressing and words used to cover the retreat of those who richly deserve vilification to the Sleepy Hollow stronghold. Carmody makes it clear that ‘his’ idiots are a protected species. Can you imagine a honest toiler, bent on reform, going to work in a rats nest like Sydney. I can’t.

Which leads us, inevitably, to Canberra: where the creatures who inhabit the deep swamps of Sleepy Hollow reside; things like a MALIU. Special breed this – kept hidden away in dark places, fed on a diet of prime, massaged and carefully trimmed MOU. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is highly nutritious and a little bit can be stretched a long, long way. But, the benefits of such foods are clearly demonstrated when a piece of difficult work, such as the CAIR 09/3 is required. This confection of evil intent was smuggled into the Senate Inquiry into the Pel-Air ditching. Casually, but deliberately hidden behind a whole bunch of other stultifying documents. Documents guaranteed to be missed by the glazed eyes of even the most interested ‘researchers’.

CAIR 09/3 the man who wrote it, the people who helped, the person who ‘authorised’ it and the man who approved it; one and all, are beneath our contempt. When combined with the Chambers report - there can be no shadow of doubt that pure evil holds sway.

Yet the Carmody real life performance, despite his ‘just culture’ posturing, indicates a stone wall of indifference to any of the real problems. – Thus far, he has failed to acknowledge, let alone actively address any single item of the Forsyth report; industry stated concerns regarding parts 61, 66 or even CAO 48.1 are fobbed off. His pathetic attitude to, and management of the ‘drone wars’, the indifference to the  safety state of the nations airports, all stack up to form one inescapable conclusion. The industry has, once again, been conned. Lulled into the faux peace that exists when a new man reigns over Sleepy Hollow. But don’t believe me; examine the facts yourself or, better yet, just watch the Hansard segment related to Pel-Air. Carmody will support the official line, despite evidence to the contrary. He will not even acknowledge the CASA part, let alone take steps to correct the aberrations. The simple fact that he allows Aleck so much ‘air time’ speaks volumes. Another CEO seduced by the hypnotic whispering of the creatures that dwell in Sleepy Hollow.

The question begging is how long is the industry going to wait, this time, before realising that the minister is Australia’s Greatest Aviation Disaster and that his selection of the CASA CEO reflects his pathetic, self serving ministry.

It is a safe bet that no reform of significance will eventuate from the current administration; it is an even safer bet that nothing of either an intrinsic or practical benefit will be gained in the short term. From medical certification through to air shows; from airports to enforcement, the expected reforms will be diluted and reworded, massaged to a fare-the-well and re emerge, years later, unchanged – in essence.

The Comedy hour is over; the performance weighed, measured and found wanting. If you have a grim, dark sense of humour then there’s a laugh or two in the latest production, the joke being industry being led down the same twisted pathways – again. Hell, another thirty years of this and I may find an ironic smile.

Toot – love window dressing – toot.

(11-07-2017, 05:15 AM)kharon Wrote:  Comedy degenerates into Farce.

CHAIR: Some more than others!

Senator XENOPHON: Time is limited. I wasn't in the room, but you said earlier that it's important that CASA applies rule in a consistent and fair manner in terms of enforcement.

Mr Carmody That's correct.

Senator XENOPHON: You stand by that?

Bollocks - The disgusting enforcement manual still stands - untouched. Watch the Carmody visage 03:10. He’s good, but not that good; Carmody don’t like the smell of this – watch on.  NX flags what’s coming (IMO loosing some advantage). The Carmody visage returns to it’s normal state, as he slips into the comfort zone of:-

Mr Carmody : While you're doing that consistent with my previous testimony, it would be my preference not to deal with cases of individuals in front of the committee, but, if you so wish, I'm happy to respond.

NX ain’t even going to bother responding to that old wheeze. The ordinance is launched. What follows is pure theatre. NX puts Carmody on notice –08:09 - the Pel-Air disgrace is not done and dusted. How Carmody deals with this will be worth following; he has shown absolutely no interest, none whatsoever in ‘history’; even less in the antics of some of his employee’s.

The Carmody hour is starting to look, smell and feel like a replay of the usual CEO nonsense. Window dressing and words used to cover the retreat of those who richly deserve vilification to the Sleepy Hollow stronghold. Carmody makes it clear that ‘his’ idiots are a protected species. Can you imagine a honest toiler, bent on reform, going to work in a rats nest like Sydney. I can’t.

Which leads us, inevitably, to Canberra: where the creatures who inhabit the deep swamps of Sleepy Hollow reside; things like a MALIU. Special breed this – kept hidden away in dark places, fed on a diet of prime, massaged and carefully trimmed MOU. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is highly nutritious and a little bit can be stretched a long, long way. But, the benefits of such foods are clearly demonstrated when a piece of difficult work, such as the CAIR 09/3 is required. This confection of evil intent was smuggled into the Senate Inquiry into the Pel-Air ditching. Casually, but deliberately hidden behind a whole bunch of other stultifying documents. Documents guaranteed to be missed by the glazed eyes of even the most interested ‘researchers’.

CAIR 09/3 the man who wrote it, the people who helped, the person who ‘authorised’ it and the man who approved it; one and all, are beneath our contempt. When combined with the Chambers report - there can be no shadow of doubt that pure evil holds sway.

Yet the Carmody real life performance, despite his ‘just culture’ posturing, indicates a stone wall of indifference to any of the real problems. – Thus far, he has failed to acknowledge, let alone actively address any single item of the Forsyth report; industry stated concerns regarding parts 61, 66 or even CAO 48.1 are fobbed off. His pathetic attitude to, and management of the ‘drone wars’, the indifference to the  safety state of the nations airports, all stack up to form one inescapable conclusion. The industry has, once again, been conned. Lulled into the faux peace that exists when a new man reigns over Sleepy Hollow. But don’t believe me; examine the facts yourself or, better yet, just watch the Hansard segment related to Pel-Air. Carmody will support the official line, despite evidence to the contrary. He will not even acknowledge the CASA part, let alone take steps to correct the aberrations. The simple fact that he allows Aleck so much ‘air time’ speaks volumes. Another CEO seduced by the hypnotic whispering of the creatures that dwell in Sleepy Hollow.

The question begging is how long is the industry going to wait, this time, before realising that the minister is Australia’s Greatest Aviation Disaster and that his selection of the CASA CEO reflects his pathetic, self serving ministry.

It is a safe bet that no reform of significance will eventuate from the current administration; it is an even safer bet that nothing of either an intrinsic or practical benefit will be gained in the short term. From medical certification through to air shows; from airports to enforcement, the expected reforms will be diluted and reworded, massaged to a fare-the-well and re emerge, years later, unchanged – in essence.

The Comedy hour is over; the performance weighed, measured and found wanting. If you have a grim, dark sense of humour then there’s a laugh or two in the latest production, the joke being industry being led down the same twisted pathways – again. Hell, another thirty years of this and I may find an ironic smile.

Toot – love window dressing – toot.

Well called "K", that was my take on the CASA Estimates spillover hearing as well... Dodgy

I was also fascinated to see that over on the UP Lead Balloon (aka Creampuff; aka CM) has cottoned onto the fact that CASA (now under Carmody) are still pursuing DJ after all this time.

Before the thread gets inevitably shut down, here are some posts of interest:   

Quote:Lead Balloon

I had refused to believe that even CASA was capable of such a disconnection from reality, but there it is in documents disclosed to a Senate Committee: An email dated Friday 6 October 2017 from some CASA jobsworth with the title “Certificate Team Manager”:

Quote:

Quote:We need to be careful in what is discussed with Dominic as the draft final report into the Westwind accident is protected under S32 of the TSA.

For [name redacted, but the numpties left Dominic’s name in the first sentence] to be asking “how his judgement in flight from on November 18 2009 is still under question” shows he still doesn’t understand the gravity of the situation and his part in it.

The draft final report makes it clearer that lacked good decision making skills at that time and since then CASA has been given no evidence that that has changed.

I do not want to keep [guess who] from returning to a command role but believe the only way we could be satisfied is to continue with the assessment as planned in the F20 simulator.

does not accept this from me so perhaps a response from a more senior manager may be appropriate.

8 years on, and they are still punishing this guy. 8 f*cking years.

Some jobsworth who evidently has no idea what section 32 of the Transport Safety Investigation Act does - but is sure s/he does know - presumes also to know “the only way” that “we” could be “satisfied” of something. (I wonder whether the jobsworth pondered whether Dominic might also have been given access to the draft report. After all, he might have some passing interest in the content.)

The poor jobsworth is desperately trying to let Dominic return to a command role, but - alas - the safety of air navigation demands otherwise. It must be a truly terrible dilemma for someone shouldering the burden of aviation safety.

The scary thing - the really scary thing - is that this jobsworth almost certainly believes s/he is doing the right thing.

Astonishing.

aroa

No astonishing Balloony, ...its their natural way.

Their brains are wired with their supreme knowledge that only WE make the world safe, only WE know whats best for you, and only we can keep you safe from crashing to earth.
That THEY do harm to others in their bastard processes does not compute with them at all eg Quadrio, James and many, many others.

Is the CAsA Empire starting down the road to being FCUKED ?? Well Rome fell in the end, so there is hope.

Here's some recent safety wisdom from the Cowards Castle/Fort Fumble.
Missed log book entry, strict liability criminal offence, now $10500 penalty.
Note: yr log book in yr flight bag or on the shelf at home, will NOT bring down an aircraft.
Smoking in an airliner toilet, which has in the past caused fires and threatens the lives of100s..penalty $900.

"Safety" is all. !!

And as for confusing, convoluted and bs answers in Senate Hearings..its all about CYA 101 thru 120. The KISS principle does not apply.
All power, all control of aviation but NO accountability, NO liability.

Aviation House is rotten with corrupted processes, cronyism, professional BS artists, (and artistes), and perverted legal acrobats.

Only the political process can wreak the long overdue needs and changes to save the Industry.

Slippery Pete

They’re still punishing this guy, WTF?

He’d have to be the LEAST likely Australian pilot to run out of fuel.

And remember from the Senate inquiry, they didn’t de-licence him... they just “temporarily suspended his privileges” until they could confirm any deficiencies had been rectified.

Is he having to once again go through an entire ATPL flight test? That would appear to me they have essentially cancelled his licence and are issuing a new one.

If the sim is only to demonstrate competency in fuel management, then I could buy the whole “privileges temporarily suspended”. It would be interesting to know the syllabus for this “test” and whether it lines up with the accident or if there’s a whole lot more added in there.

And didn’t he act within the CASA approved Company fuel policy, and plan the flight legally anyway? What particularly has changed? If I were doing his sim test and he planned within the regulatory and Company minimums (like he already did on the accident flight), aren’t I obligated to pass him?

And in said sim test, when he gets to PNR and the destination WX goes below alternate minima but still above landing minima, what should he do? Given that during the senate enquiry 3 CASA FOIs said you have to divert and 3 said you don’t, which option should he take?

The entire thing is an absolute mess.

thornbird

In the past 8 years Dom James has successfully completed no less than 23 separate checks of his competency. He was required to resit and pass the requirements for his CPL and IR rating. Resit all the ATPL subjects which he achieved with above 90% pass rate.The latest check of his flying skills he recently completed at Flight Safety completing a type rating on a Falcon 20.

The last piece of embuggerance by CAsA is that he complete a flight, to be observed by CAsA, in a Westwind or similar aircraft on an oceanic flight with a diversion at the PNR with a critical fuel scenario. What that is supposed to prove I have no idea because in my opinion and many others, the issue was not diversion related. By the time Dom was made aware the Norfolk weather had deteriorated there was no diversion available to him, therefore it was a weather related incident not a diversion incident, much the same as the Mildura event.

If you want an expert analysis of the Norfolk ditching I suggest you read a submission to the Senate Inquiry by Mr Richard Davies.

His submission is incredibly detailed and is somewhat large to post here so I have taken the liberty to highlight some of his conclusions, which support the prognosis that by the time the commander of the flight became aware that Met. conditions at Norfolk Island were below an acceptable level, a diversion to Noumea was very problematic and in all likelihood the flight would have ended up ditching in open water before reaching that safe haven. For those interested studying the entire submission a link to the Senate submissions;... (ref: #987)

Lead Balloon

So CASA reckons the world will be a safer place if Dominic ‘confesses’ that having complied with the company operations manual, having been given incomplete and misleading weather information, and having made a decision that 50% of polled FOIs said was legal and the subsequent ‘option’ being a certain ditching on the way to Noumea, the outcome was his ‘fault’.

Confess sinner! Confess to the safety gods! Thou’st cannot achieve our required level of perfection without confessing thy sins! We know that if thous’t are given command without confessing, thou will run out of fuel again!

The problem with Mr Davies’ submission is that it is based on facts and analysis of facts, thorn bird. This is about religion (really politics).

Also of interest off the UP thread I noted that Checkboard cribbed one of my archived YouTube vids, which ironically gives a perfect snapshot of just how nasty and vindictive the former DAS McComic was and how it came to be that after 8 long years DJ is still being embuggered by these cretins (now under Carmody's watch)... Dodgy  
That was then and this is now:
How times have changed - NOT! Angry
MTF...P2 Cool

Do you notice in the emails to Dominic James the following opening address?;
“Good morning Dominic”,

This disgusts me, this is disrespectful in the extreme, a perfect example of the overblown power ego from a body that is full of hubris and persists with the fiction of being capable and fair. But this is so typical of the Can’tberra disease, like the young lady in ATSB who condescendingly asked me not to make my incident report like “War and Peace” (Leo. Tolstoy, my copy 1315 pages).

[Image: IMG_20110221_122520.jpg]

The writer of such an email displays contempt by not opening with a  polite and respectful “Captain James”, or at the very least, “Mr. James”.

Captain Dominic James is a highly qualified pilot with an impressive CV that would be admired anywhere in the aviation world. Would anyone in Aviation Hearse be able to match his achievements?

Dear Mr. Carmody,

An open letter.

Your underlings have deceived you and attempted to deceive the aviation community.

You have stated to us that you base your decision making on evidence.

You have stated that enforcement will only apply to those who are reckless or wilfully disregard the rules. Perversely, and in complete contravention with this statement, you seem to support the the rules which have been progressively migrated into the criminal code and, inappropriately, made as strict liability thus denying the ability to argue mitigating circumstances. This means in law that no magistrate or judge can now consider if an act was wilful or reckless (knowingly or otherwise) for some alleged contravention.

You have stated that you are promoting within CASA “just culture” which means that you consider that CASA is best at deciding who will be punished and for what. It can be said that you consider yourself and CASA to be able to step around the system of justice that’s been safeguarding all of us since the adoption of the separation of powers. So now we have unfettered rule by by bureaucratic whim, interpretation and associated fee gouging to an extent never before.

No wonder General Aviation is collapsing at an accelerating pace, have you any idea how many flying schools have given up? Closed shop due to the impossible demands of Part 61 and your imperious FOIs who go about (sometimes in threes) stomping on the few left trying to make head or tails of your impractical, convoluted and counterproductive flying school rules.

The evidence is that CASA has acted with unconscionable malice against certain individuals and the aviation community hold you responsible for the outstanding injustices and implementation of the disastrous new rules.

Do your job or do a Skidmore.

Sandy Reith

P2 - Well said Sandy  Wink

Cap'n Aux - Calling ALL Pilots!

Considering that Carmody - seemingly in conflict of his endorsed CASA 'just culture' philosophy - is hell bent on continuing the CASA culture of pilot persecution/embuggerance i.e. 'just blame he pilot' - see Part III: Credulity – Slightly stretched? - Just a bit. & #99. - I thought the following research project survey, courtesy of Karlene Petitt, was worthy of posting... Rolleyes

Via Cap'n Auxier... Wink

Quote:Calling All Pilots!

[Image: ERAU-Petitt-Research-1024x405.jpg]
Too often, accidents are blamed on “Pilot Error.” This oft-erroneous assumption fails to dig deeper into root causes, and can miss the chance to improve air safety

HELP US TO CHANGE THIS!
[Image: Karlene.jpg]Karlene Petitt

Are you a commercial pilot, flying for an airline, or for corporate as part of a multi-person (more than one pilot) crew? Then I’ve got a request for you. Our great Blog Buddy and fellow pilot/writer/blogger Karlene Petitt, is seeking volunteers to take an anonymous and quick (about 10 minutes) quiz regarding your experiences, with both your company’s safety culture, and automation.

Again, this is an ANONYMOUS survey, in support of her doctoral research at ERAU (Embry Riddle Aeronautical University), and will ultimately help our ongoing quest to increase safety in our industry.

Requirements: You must be a commercial pilot (airline, charter, corporate), with a required crew complement of at least two pilots. You may also be retired or between jobs if you were actively employed within the previous calendar year.  If you meet the qualifications and want to participate, please select the link below that will take you to the consent form, followed by the survey.

Calling All Pilots!
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MOMENTS TO FILL IT OUT!
[Image: ERAU-2-1024x546.jpg]

As the Intent of This Research states, this survey will attempt to delve deeper behind the knee-jerk “Pilot Error” blame often slapped on the flight crew after an accident or incident. Your input will help alleviate this error and improve air safety!

Calling All Pilots!

Thanks for your effort and support, to improve Air Safety!
This is Cap’n Aux . . .
[Image: TIW-4-SLS-Pose-PShop-1024x847.jpg]

MTF...P2 Dodgy

CASA 'Just Culture' message goes global -  Dodgy

(12-05-2017, 07:05 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  Cap'n Aux - Calling ALL Pilots!

Considering that Carmody - seemingly in conflict of his endorsed CASA 'just culture' philosophy - is hell bent on continuing the CASA culture of pilot persecution/embuggerance i.e. 'just blame he pilot' - see Part III: Credulity – Slightly stretched? - Just a bit. & #99. - I thought the following research project survey, courtesy of Karlene Petitt, was worthy of posting... Rolleyes

Via Cap'n Auxier... Wink

Quote:Calling All Pilots!

[Image: ERAU-Petitt-Research-1024x405.jpg]
Too often, accidents are blamed on “Pilot Error.” This oft-erroneous assumption fails to dig deeper into root causes, and can miss the chance to improve air safety

Along the same lines of 'Just Culture' vs blaming the pilot (regulator embuggerance); from the following, short MRO Network article, it would appear that after a long transpacific flight the Carmody carrier pigeon has made landfall in the USofA... Huh

Quote:Australia Adopts Kinder, Gentler Approach To Regulatory Enforcement

Australian Civil Aviation Safety Agency changes policy on use of safety data in enforcement actions.

Crystal Maguire | Dec 05, 2017

Authority (CASA) director of aviation safety is instructing agency staff to adopt a “just culture” approach and to limit using safety information as the impetus for enforcement actions.

According to the authority’s new regulatory philosophy, data and information maintained in a safety data collection system (e.g., safety management system) or acquired in the normal course of surveillance will not be used to support disciplinary action. Instead, “individuals and organizations found to have violated a provision of the safety rules will be given an opportunity to address and correct safety issues without CASA initiating enforcement action,” states the newly published directive.

CASA[Image: MR-SAFETY_1_CASA_0.jpg]

It makes exceptions for certain instances of criminal conduct and noncompliance that are recurrent, deliberate, negligent or pose a serious and imminent risk to safety. It also sets forth a process for certificate holders to challenge adverse actions if they support it with safety information in a manner consistent with the instruction.

The publication illustrates increased focus on nonpunitive information-sharing and a risk-based safety approach. In 2015, the FAA adopted a new regulatory philosophy limiting enforcement action to circumstances of “deliberate, willful or reckless breach of the aviation safety rules . . . a pattern of repeated misconduct or . . . failure to take appropriate corrective action. . . .” According to one recent official agency public address, the number of FAA enforcement actions has decreased 70% since this compliance policy has been adopted. 
Ahh yes the Carmody bollocks 'weasel word' instruction... Dodgy 

Re-read the MRO network article once again, then consider; 1) that Carmody by inference still supports the former DAS McCormick's black letter edict, merely by not instructing a re-write/amendment of the current version of the CASA Enforcement Manual, a version that still contains the original recalcitrant McCormick moniker in the preface (ref link: #64 )

[Image: Foreword-1-EM-Jan-2016.jpg]

2) Then consider the 8+year ongoing embuggerance of Dominic James, that with recent discovered factual evidence;
  •  highlights a possibly illegal but definitely ill-informed and inept original Greg Hood decision;
  •  that was then varied administratively multiple times, including variations that on the face of it seemingly breached the terms of a, AAT oversighted, Coordinated Enforcement Process agreement between CASA and DJ; (ref from here - The 0904 from Auckland. 
Then, to top that off, reflect on the previous post from Sandy - “Good morning Dominic”, - plus P9 and my confab post - Comedy degenerates into Farce. - ably supported by Senate Estimates Hansard & Youtube viewing:

+

...and you begin to get a real picture behind the smiling façade of DAS Comardy... Dodgy

Combine that with the fact that, in recent email correspondence on the DJ embuggerance case, DAS Carmody had to be reminded of his own 'instruction' by his personal assistant minion:

[Image: Carmody-1.jpg]

Then despite correspondence from Falcon Air CEO and AOPA Oz President Marc de Stoop, Carmody decides to handball the matter to his 2IC Graeme Crawford, who in turn handballs back to the Sydney office which included the obviously conflicted individuals of Worthington and Campbell that were involved in the original dodgy embuggerance of DJ - FDS!

[Image: Carmody-2.jpg]

However the real clincher that Carmody is nothing more than yet another hypocritical 'Iron Ring' endorsed muppet DAS - that intends to maintain the punitive big "R" regulator status quo of the McCormick era - lies in the fact that despite his issuing of DAS DIRECTIVE 02-17 (see pg 45 - HERE ) and the concerns voiced by Nick Xenophon in Senate Estimates; Carmody has not stepped in to overrule the ridiculous and expensive observation (chop) flight.  

Ironically if DJ were to fail this CASA enforced - Greg Worthington observed and oversighted non-standard CAR 217 prof check - then the CASA approvals of the FalconAir CAR 217 and the international flight training service provider Flight Safety International would by inference have to be rigorously reviewed. 

The following excerpt and quote by P9 in the SBG more than adequately highlights how nonsensical that scenario/outcome would be:

Quote:...So, to whom do we look for probity and surety that all is well within Australian commercial aviation? Certainly not CASA; a quick ten minute wander through the Hansard recordings will confirm the theory that CASA is a raving, out of control, incontinent megalomaniac, in need of help. The pungent whiff of corruption pervades the corridors and taints the Kool-aid. If it were ‘normal’ baksheesh I could live with that – it is an accepted method of doing business; most certainly corruption but at least the rules are clear. CASA is corrupt in twisted, sinister ways, from the grass roots through to the top office, non of it beneficial. At grass roots you have a muppet like Worthington, daring to dictate to senior check pilots and Flight Safety trainers ‘how’ operations should be conducted and checked. The man is not only an inexperienced chump, a fumble fingered amateur pilot, but dishonest with it...

...A long track record which would not withstand serious scrutiny and yet the CASA boss supports the risible notion that his man is capable of making a fair, honest impartial assessment of both check captain and candidate. I, for one of many, would not allow the clown to get within a bulls roar of an aircraft in my command. There, in a nutshell lays the problem; Carmody to Worthington; top to bottom, twisted, deceitful and wrong.

MTF...P2 Angry

Ps Remember this? #18

Ah, duck ‘em. Duck ‘em all. As hard and as often as needs be.

Sainthood – or; if you prefer Canonization.

Personally, I’d prefer that za cannon sorted out za nations aviation woes – alas. My beloved Purdy causes enough problems. But; we are discussing ‘sainthood’. Now the cheap, brass, carefully selected ministerial, knock-off of the three monkeys – St Carmody, is, slowly but irrevocably, becoming a risible talisman of all that ails the chronically sick CASA.

[Image: ho-chi-minh-city-hcmc-saigon-vietnam-thr...HADX8C.jpg]

The simple fact that he (St Carmody), like the other muff – Whatsisname, failed to address the glaring atrocities contained within the McCormack dictated version of the ‘Enforcement’ manual (which implies hands being used to do unspeakable things; them wot makes ya go blind) should raise the alarum. How can any sane person countenance such a misbegotten act of pure embuggerance. Read it – read for yourself – all there. A clearer direction to embuggerance was never scripted; not even by ‘Morning Star’ himself.

That one item; solitary, standing alone, untouched, is enough reason for mistrust; but the latest translation of ultimate power and untrammelled embuggerance happens tomorrow (Friday here). Ayup; James is going to attempt a Carmody sanctioned ‘check ride’ to have the 'privileges’ (not the rights of a legally obtained licence) of his lticket restored. It is of course sheer coincidence that an ‘audit’ of his employer is scheduled; and, it is only right and proper that a CASA FOI ‘observe’ the artificially generated CASA ‘proficiency check’. Oh yes, the one without ‘pass or fail’ guidance for the check pilot – who is operating outside of his remit by even being there.

Carmody has (ultimately) approved this. Moreover, he has sancioned an ‘expert’ CASA FOI as observer; and, effectively – judge and jury. This doyen, this expert of jet operations has never, ever flown a jet – in anger – outside of a few simulator sessions. This ‘guru’ of operational purity has never, not ever held an operational, commercial command of anything heavier than a Seneca, let alone an industry C&T approval. – Never once got anywhere near a command slot on King Air or even a Metro; or, indeed ever taken out a commercial international flight. Yet there sits Carmody’s appointed decision maker, waving his artificially generated CASA ‘scenario’ – with the power of career ‘life or death’ over the entire flight crew.

This is rubbish of the foulest kind – this FOI is a proven liar (any court you like – any day) – an egotistical manipulator of facts and is totally incapable of assessing a crew performance. Yet Carmody authorises the event?

Nevertheless; I hear that the ‘boys’ are going to play along – despite serious advice against - of both the operational and legal type. Stay at home boys; have a second coffee.

There are two choices here for CASA: (i) let the command check be approved and hope all the crap CASA generated goes away: or, (ii) fail not only the check pilot and PIC but, officially, piss all over Flight Safety’s independent assessment.

St Carmody may believe this is all going to go away if James passes. Carmody may even believe that failing James will shore up the CASA opinion. WRONG….

News flash – none of this will happen. Not one single iota of any of this is going to be buried. Pass or fail it matters not; well not to anyone except James and the fools who acceded to play the CASA game.

Flight Safety assessed the man as competent; the company, CASA approved check pilot has assessed James as competent. But that’s not enough for Carmody’s CASA. An organisation which bluffed, bullied and bullshitted it’s way through a FAA audit, a Senate enquiry and two independent reviews – BOLLOCKS.

Here’s a challenge, a test; if you will, of St Carmody’s belief in his troops. When Worthington can ‘satisfactorily’ pass a proficiency check; devised by CASA, in a Falcon 20, on an international recovery task, with a senior check pilot along – then perhaps the Worthington amateur may be considered worthy of his exalted role as the all powerful judge of pilot performance. Fat chance of that happening.  What was it Greg? – Three attempts at a basic rating in the simulator to become ‘the’ expert? Lots of international flight experience under your belt to assist you in your mission then? Perhaps it’s just the fact that CASA have gotten away with so much shameful in the past that you believe you are ‘untouchable’, almost immortal. Lying, deceitful, venal, miserable, angry, bullying, inutile, self righteous sacks of shit always believe that sort of hype. Not even a line pilot’s boot lace; and yet, your kind  believe that they may sit in judgement. Oh: -  there will be a ‘judgement’; one day; CASA may rely on that. For they have been weighed, measured and found (seriously) wanting – it’s only a matter of time and money; of which, happily, we have a plenty. But; thanks for asking. Enough of the pleasantries.

Never; not in my entire life, have I ever heard such a tale as told by James of this ‘check flight’, supported by facts, let alone such bare faced audacity and arrogance. I can still hardly credit it; but it’s true.

Shame, shame, shame on the minister, St Carmody, CASA and anyone who believes that this ‘administration’ is on the level. Fire Worthington and a couple of others and there may be some slim hope of credibility – there is no chance of forgiveness; or, rehabilitation; or being welcome anywhere pilots (the real ones) congregate.

I’m not sure how to exactly explain ‘get ducked’ in simple words; not even sure I would bother. St Carmody has just made; what I hope, is his last serious blunder before ditching in a sea of shit.

Toot (over it – you bet) toot.

Carmody Capers to set up the GAG early in the NY - Rolleyes

Via Oz Flying:

Quote:[Image: C210_BDV_SH.jpg]General aviation in Australia: a specialised regulatory approach is needed. (Steve Hitchen)

CASA to set up General Aviation Group
15 December 2017

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority will set up a new branch next year that will specialise in regulation and safety for the GA, sport and recreational aviation sectors.

Called the General, Recreational and Sport branch, the new group will be the key contact point between CASA and the sectors, and will also be charged with CASR Part 149 oversight of Approved Self-administering Aviation Organisations (ASAO).

"CASA acknowledges that general aviation has specialist safety requirements and issues that should be matched by a specialist unit within CASA," a CASA spokesperson told Australian Flying yesterday.

"The branch will be staffed by experienced CASA officers with appropriate skills and expertise to match the responsibilities of the new branch."

As well as Part 149 oversight, the new branch will also be responsible for entry control, surveillance and regulatory services for the GA sector.

According to the regulator, the new branch will be more effective will have greater responsibility than the GA Task Force (GATF) set up several years ago, but which failed to produce much effective change.

The new branch is part of a restructure within the regulator that is expected to be announced in the New Year, once details of the new arrangements are known internally

Read more at http://www.australianflying.com.au/lates...JBTumoW.99
MTF...P2 Tongue

Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Dear Barnaby has a fight on his hands, if; and I do stipulate IF he can be bothered. Firstly he must deal with Carmody; who seems to live in a world far removed from this one. You really must read ‘Flashman and the Dragon’ to get a real fix on Cloud Cuckoo Land. The Oxford defines it; and Wiki do a nice little piece on it – but, for my money the Flashman version ‘takes you there’.  

Henneman – in the ‘Winds of change’ wrote:-“I for one would love nothing more than to see two rugged men battle it out, especially if you both did it shirtless in kilts. As a matter of fact, I would even take bets on who would win.”

In primus, I would question whether Carmody, apart from the odd ‘session’ with Aleck, has even a vague grip on the realities he faces. Seriously, has he ever been out of the building into the real air? In the rarefied atmosphere in which Carmody lives, given his apparent total ignorance of what is really happening – on his watch – beneath his vision and (we hope) without his ‘authority’ even rate a mention? Did I just mention without his authority? I did. Well let’s examine that.

You see, without his knowledge or consent to a course of action; probably without even his interest, ‘things’ are occurring which totally and utterly contradict his mindless blathering’s of ‘just culture’ or even promised reform.  Tea and biccie’s with the Rev. Forsyth don’t count. What is happening beneath the top floor does; in real terms, to real people – in real dollars, do much harm without achieving any of his 'stated' intentions of 'sorting things out'.

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” (Poe)

We must ask; has Carmody too fallen under the hypnotic spell of ‘hewhodovoodoo’. It certainly seems like he has. It is, after all, far easier to lay back and accept the hypnotic, subliminal suggestive rather than to deny it credence. Why would you? The lovely walk through the tranquil gardens, behind the swamps; the easy way through a Senate crew audacious inquiries, the totally legal way to lie and bull-shit you’re way through an Estimates hearing, an inquiry or even a ministerial report must be magical music in the deaf ears of a not too wise monkey.

But: Carmody is not only deaf, for convenience; but, to be blind to the absolute total shambles his organisation has created, with ministerial backing, is plain dumb.

Carmody is not blind just for convenience sake. You see - what you can’t see but can deny cannot hurt you. The ‘blind eye’ syndrome works just fine; until of course ‘what you can’t see’ bites you on the arse, then matters become slightly more personal.  

“The cerebral narcissist is as competitive and intolerant of criticism or disagreement as his somatic counterpart. The subjugation and subordination of others demand the establishment of his undisputed intellectual superiority or professional authority. It is a "hidden or tacit competition" (Lowen). The cerebral narcissist aspires to perfection. Thus, even the slightest and most inconsequential challenge to his authority is inflated by him. Hence, the disproportionateness of his reactions.”

All of which leads us to the inevitable questions. Did Carmody ever have real control over his operation? The ‘facts and circumstances’ deny this any possibility of being accurate. Therefore if one end of the dog is moving – the other must be doing the work. Which end of this monstrosity has Carmody got hold off? We must all hope ‘tis the right end, for ‘tuther will bite him hard.

Aye well, my three brass monkey’s sit on the desk, smiling smugly at me while keeping the ‘paperwork’ weighted down. That pile of stuff looks, to a man on a galloping horse, neat and sorted – it ain’t. It’s my ‘too hard’ stack to which, I will, one of theses days attend.

Toot toot.

Cloud Cuckoo Land. Part II - What Newton said  Rolleyes

(12-23-2017, 06:16 PM)kharon Wrote:  Dear Barnaby has a fight on his hands, if; and I do stipulate IF he can be bothered. Firstly he must deal with Carmody; who seems to live in a world far removed from this one. You really must read ‘Flashman and the Dragon’ to get a real fix on Cloud Cuckoo Land. The Oxford defines it; and Wiki do a nice little piece on it – but, for my money the Flashman version ‘takes you there’.  

Henneman – in the ‘Winds of change’ wrote:-“I for one would love nothing more than to see two rugged men battle it out, especially if you both did it shirtless in kilts. As a matter of fact, I would even take bets on who would win.”

In primus, I would question whether Carmody, apart from the odd ‘session’ with Aleck, has even a vague grip on the realities he faces. Seriously, has he ever been out of the building into the real air? In the rarefied atmosphere in which Carmody lives, given his apparent total ignorance of what is really happening – on his watch – beneath his vision and (we hope) without his ‘authority’ even rate a mention? Did I just mention without his authority? I did. Well let’s examine that.

You see, without his knowledge or consent to a course of action; probably without even his interest, ‘things’ are occurring which totally and utterly contradict his mindless blathering’s of ‘just culture’ or even promised reform.  Tea and biccie’s with the Rev. Forsyth don’t count. What is happening beneath the top floor does; in real terms, to real people – in real dollars, do much harm without achieving any of his 'stated' intentions of 'sorting things out'.

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” (Poe)

We must ask; has Carmody too fallen under the hypnotic spell of ‘hewhodovoodoo’. It certainly seems like he has. It is, after all, far easier to lay back and accept the hypnotic, subliminal suggestive rather than to deny it credence. Why would you? The lovely walk through the tranquil gardens, behind the swamps; the easy way through a Senate crew audacious inquiries, the totally legal way to lie and bull-shit you’re way through an Estimates hearing, an inquiry or even a ministerial report must be magical music in the deaf ears of a not too wise monkey.

But: Carmody is not only deaf, for convenience; but, to be blind to the absolute total shambles his organisation has created, with ministerial backing, is plain dumb.

Carmody is not blind just for convenience sake. You see - what you can’t see but can deny cannot hurt you. The ‘blind eye’ syndrome works just fine; until of course ‘what you can’t see’ bites you on the arse, then matters become slightly more personal.  

“The cerebral narcissist is as competitive and intolerant of criticism or disagreement as his somatic counterpart. The subjugation and subordination of others demand the establishment of his undisputed intellectual superiority or professional authority. It is a "hidden or tacit competition" (Lowen). The cerebral narcissist aspires to perfection. Thus, even the slightest and most inconsequential challenge to his authority is inflated by him. Hence, the disproportionateness of his reactions.”

All of which leads us to the inevitable questions. Did Carmody ever have real control over his operation? The ‘facts and circumstances’ deny this any possibility of being accurate. Therefore if one end of the dog is moving – the other must be doing the work. Which end of this monstrosity has Carmody got hold off? We must all hope ‘tis the right end, for ‘tuther will bite him hard.

Aye well, my three brass monkey’s sit on the desk, smiling smugly at me while keeping the ‘paperwork’ weighted down. That pile of stuff looks, to a man on a galloping horse, neat and sorted – it ain’t. It’s my ‘too hard’ stack to which, I will, one of theses days attend.

Toot toot.

To follow on from the "K" OBS, please read the following ZD Net article which features a Friday released CASA RFT for farming out it's 'digital transformation':

Quote:CASA has AU$9m for someone to handle its digital transformation

Australian government entities are catching the transformation bug, but the aviation agency wants someone else to handle it for them.
[Image: headshot-asha-mclean-for-zd.jpg]
By Asha McLean | December 21, 2017 -- 23:16 GMT (10:16 AEDT)

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has gone to market with a kitty of AU$8.5-AU$9 million to find a partner to deliver its digital transformation.

The request for tender (RFT), published on Friday, is seeking a vendor to lead its customer-focused service delivery transformation (SDT) across four six-month phases.

The vision of the SDT program is to "build and foster a client-centric service delivery culture, with an aligned and committed team to champion service delivery transformation".

CASA was established in mid-1995 as an independent statutory authority under section 8 of the Civil Aviation Act 1988 and is a body corporate considered separate from the Commonwealth.

Its primary function is to conduct the safety regulation of civil air operations in Australia and the operation of Australian aircraft overseas.

"The evolution of CASA's ICT environment has resulted in a number of non-integrated 'purpose built' complex systems and siloed information," the RFT reads. "From this, CASA does not have a 'single view of client'."

At the end of the transformation program, CASA wants to have a "client-centric" agency that is "digital by default" and "data-driven". Sparing no industry buzzword, it is seeking a single source of truth and a single view of client; it also wants simplified systems and processes and a "one CASA" culture.

The aviation agency also wants to adopt an agile methodology, which means the transformation's phases will be broken down into sprints.

As part of this customer-centric transformation, CASA is expecting to leverage an identity framework based upon digital standards provided by the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA), which published draft documentation last month.

Giving clients the "channel of choice" option, any new system or platform will need to be accessible via mobile devices.

CASA wants to migrate disparate datasets and gain a better view on the shadow IT used within its organisation; it also wants to integrate external sources of data such as vehicle registrations, flight log details, incidents, and medical record status of its clients. The agency also wants the facility to conduct data analytics on this data.

Self-service and "robot interactions" -- chatbots -- are also requested by CASA.

The first phase of the transformation, estimated by CASA to cost around AU$670,000, will see service capabilities -- defined as specific segments of the business that will be transformed under the program -- built out.

Phase 1 will see the Remote Piloted Aircraft System -- drone -- service capability transformed, requiring the consolidation of application lodgement, process automation, and customer self-service, among others.

The next phase will see the transformation of the Pilots/Flight Crew and the Maintenance Training Organisations/Personnel service capabilities, with both requiring their own self-service portals, process automation, and channel consolidation.

Similarly, Phase 3, Aircraft Registrations and Commercial Air Operators service capabilities, will require channel consolidation, but also a complete and live aircraft register.

CASA expects to maintain the Adobe Experience Manager it currently uses as its primary digital platform to provide form capability to internal and external users; similarly, its existing Microsoft CRM Dynamics platform will be kept to underpin its single view of client requirement.

The agency is currently in the initial stages of developing its external capability through Microsoft Dynamics 365 on the Microsoft Azure cloud, current instances include a Portal and Enquiries Management applications. Microsoft CRM Dynamics is installed and configured on Microsoft Windows 2012R2 server infrastructure, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 is externally hosted through Microsoft Azure cloud.

CASA also uses the European Aviation Processing software as its central repository that holds details of all civil aviation authorisations including licences, permissions, certifications, and registrations issued to individuals, organisations, aircraft, and aerodromes.

It also allows external users to review a limited subset of information online, but it does not provide an adequate client experience to effectively interact with CASA digitally, the RFT reads.

CASA intends to appoint a digital transformation manager, an SDT program manager, two additional project managers, two SDT change managers, and six UX designers/business analysts. It also wants the successful vendor to train staff and equip them with the tools to create an "enduring internal capability".

The tender closes February 23, 2018.

Now in response to this revelation I note that geek and aviator Mark Newton has created a twitter thread which gets my vote for this week's TTOW (Twitter thread of the week)... Wink :

https://twitter.com/NewtonMark/status/94...7769847809

Quote:The 2017-18 projection for @CASABriefing expenditure is $183 million. There are 15408 aircraft registered in Australia. So that’s about $12,000 worth of regulation per aircraft. Now they’re going to piss $9 million up the wall on “digital transformation.”

Maybe if CASA really wants to be more efficient, they can write regulations which don’t require $132.9 million pa worth of payroll expenses ($9000 per aircraft) to administer. https://infrastructure.gov.au/department/statements/2017_2018/budget/casa3.aspx 

[url=https://t.co/BuTSs1eNTJ][/url]They only reason they cost so much that efficiency is important is because they write regulations which need thousands of staff for paperwork. They’ve added 40 staff ($7.5 million) this year alone.

Innovation is inspired by adversity. Perhaps if CASA really wants efficiency, a good way to start would be to say, “We will write regulations that enable us to maintain current safety and increase flying hours with a 50% budget cut.”

CASA doesn’t do ATC. They don’t do accident investigations. They don’t own and run airports. For small aircraft, they don’t even set training or airworthiness standards. Almost all of their job is paperwork. $12,000 per Australian aircraft worth of paperwork.

Incidentally, out of those 15408 registered aircraft, a lot of them are slowly rusting in sheds, unairworthy. So for some of them, CASA is spending $12,000 pa on regulations to stop them from flying. (Subcontract it out? I’ll give you a 25% saving @ $9k per aircraft)

Well done Mark - the choccy Santa is in the mail... Wink

MTF...P2 Cool

QON for Carmody on China Southern flying school voluntary suspension?

Reference airport thread post: The slow death of the local airport

While most media commentary etc. focusses on the disbelief that a major Chinese airline was shrewdly able to negotiate a $1 for a 100 year lease of Merredin airport, what I found more interesting was this part of the Oz article:

Quote:..“I’ve never heard of this happening anywhere.” In recent months, however, the Chinese flying school has suspended its operations in WA after the Civil Aviation Safety Authority raised safety concerns.

Aviation industry sources say the company has continued to pay millions of dollars in wages — without any students — since March this year.

One source said he believed a dispute between Guangzhou-based China Southern Airlines and CAE could lead to China Southern taking full ownership of the flying school within months.

A spokesman for China Southern West Australian Flying College declined to comment.

Merredin shire president Ken Hooper said nobody in town had been able to find out when the flying school would reopen.

“It’s quite important for our economy here but we just can’t get any information,” he said.

A CASA spokesman said the regulator would not publicly discuss details of its dealings with aviation organisations unless serious action was taken, such as suspending or cancelling a certificate.

“CASA and China Southern have been working to address identified safety and regulatory issues over a period of time,” the spokesman said. “CASA is hopeful that China Southern can meet all requirements as soon as possible.”...

Q/ After nearly a quarter a century of flying training operations, what possible safety concerns and regulatory issues could be serious enough to take 9+ months to address?

Q/ It is commendable that China Southern/CAE have continued to keep paying wages etc. of the flying school staff but if the safety concerns  were that serious why hasn't CASA simply cancelled the flying school's AOC? 

Quite obviously China Southern is quite prepared to suspend operations at it's flying school indefinitely, however for most flying school operators this would be their death knell.

Q/ Is this case a further sign of the expense required to merely stay compliant with the burdensome red tape associated with Part 142 and Part 61 etc.? 

MTF...P2 Cool

The duplicitous hypocrisy of Carmody Capers - Dodgy

I note that CC and his crooked band of executive stooges are again wasting industry and public generated funds on yet another useless 'relationship survey'

Via Oz Flying:

Quote:[Image: CASA_FOI_1E7C5E00-36BE-11E3-86EB005056A302E6.jpg]

CASA Flight Operations Inspectors on the job. (CASA)

CASA to conduct Second Relationship Survey
5 March 2018

CASA today announced that it would soon conduct a second relationship survey to gauge how the aviation community rates the regulator.

CASA conducted their first relationship survey in 2015, which it placed in the hands of consultant company Colmar Brunton, slated to run the second survey also.

The Colmar Brunton report of 2016 showed that just 25% of respondents were satisfied with the regulator's performance, prompting CASA to issue a corrective action plan.

"It has been more than two years since the first survey of our relationships and interactions with the aviation community and it is now time to check how we’re tracking against the benchmark data we obtained in late 2015," today's CASA statement says.

"While we’ll be asking the same questions, we’ve fine-tuned our research approach to ensure we get a broad, representative set of views across all aviation sectors.

"CASA encourages everyone who is approached to give a little of their time to share their honest feedback. Hearing directly from the aviation community allows us to gain a frank view of what we’re doing well and what is working, as well as importantly where improvements need to made."

CASA will send out e-mails in early March asking aviation people to provide feedback to the survey, and will invite aviation associations to register their interest via the on-line consultation hub, from which a random selection will be asked to complete the survey.

Read more at http://www.australianflying.com.au/lates...Lx3xKTW.99
Interesting timing when it would appear that CC is about to kick a goal with the Basic Class 2 medical etc. reform... Dodgy
Also via Oz Flying: 
Quote:[Image: medicine.jpg]The Basic Class 2 medical standard means some pilots can go to their GP for an examination.

CASA issues Medical Reform Schedule
2 March 2018

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) yesterday announced the schedule to implement reforms for Class 2 and Basic Class 2 medical standards.

CASA released the proposed reforms in November last year, saying they would be put in place across 2018.

As well as introducing the Basic Class 2 and allowing commerical pilots to fly operations without fare-paying passengers on a Class 2 medical certificate, CASA has said Designated Aviation Medical Examiners (DAME) will now be able to issue Class 2 medicals at the time of examination without reference to CASA.

The roll-out schedule is:
  • 1 March 2018 – Class 2 medicals for commercial flights without fare-paying passengers
  • 3 April 2018 – DAMEs can start issuing Class 2 medical certificates
  • Mid 2018 – Basic Class 2 starts
CASA CEO and Director of Aviation Safety Shane Carmody said the CPL reform has the potential to keep experienced pilots active for longer in some areas of commercial aviation.

“The change opens up the potential pool of pilots for a range of operations, including aerial application and flying training,” he said.

“Giving more experienced pilots who no longer hold a Class 1 medical the opportunity to offer their services and skills to flying training is a reform that can be a plus for both current and future pilots."

Several CASA CEOs in the past have tried to enable DAMEs to issue Class 2 medicals without reference to CASA, but none have been able to implement it right across the board. Some DAMEs, known as DAME2s, have been issuing Class 2 medicals for some time already.

"This change will allow all designated aviation medical examiners to issue Class 2 medicals at the time of examination, unless the DAME elects to refer the application to CASA," a CASA spokesperson said.

"Allowing DAMEs to directly issue Class 2 medicals should simplify and speed up the medical process for hundreds of applicants each month."

The 3 April reforms also bring into focus the $75 CASA processing fee, which the regulator has told Australian Flying is currently "under consideration".

Read more at http://www.australianflying.com.au/lates...O3LCbYA.99

However before considering filling out that bollocks survey, industry participants should consider taking the time to read the Hansard and view the video on the AP Senate Estimates thread - here - and from the blog - here:  

Also consider this Embuggerance thread post - #102 - and the fact that the current CASA Enforcement manual still contains the 'black letter' embuggerance clause and former DAS McCormick's moniker in the preface (ref - CASA 'Just Culture' message goes global)...

[Image: Foreword-1-EM-Jan-2016.jpg]

...and the first line that comes to mind is "Leopard and Spots" - Angry  

MTF...P2 Cool

The Iron Ring back in control at CASA HQ - Dodgy

From recent evidence in Senate Estimates it would appear that despite being demoted the Hoodoo Voodoo Dr Aleck is again in ascendancy at Aviation House and has once more managed to bring a sitting DAS under his spell - Dear God SOS!... Confused

Example:

The following should give Comardy Capers food for thought on whether it is a wise decision to trust the objectivity and unbiased independence of his silky smooth, word weasel legalese speaking Senior Counsel... Dodgy  

Chasing a thread down, for my current Aunty assigned research project, I was led back to the PelAir Senate Inquiry Submissions page: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Bus...ubmissions

While digging around ( Big Grin ) I happened to note that there was an updated link for a past CASA correspondence to the committee from former (Ag at the time) DAS Terry Farquharson... Huh

Quote:20 Correspondence from CASA to committee clarifying statements made at 15 February 2013 hearing, received 26 April 2013;(PDF 7464KB)

Hint: Where it says 'CASA determines' replace with 'Dr Aleck determines'  Rolleyes :

[Image: Dr-A-1.jpg]

[Image: Dr-A-2.jpg]

[Image: Dr-A-3.jpg]

Now although this bizarre OTT correspondence was signed by the former Golden West mafia boss, it becomes quite obvious that this was originally drafted by the resident Iron Ring King-pin and narcissistic Psychopath Dr A. - UDB... Dodgy

[Image: Dr-A.jpg]

MTF...P2 Cool

P7 : (butting in) - Gold star; choc frog and a Tim Tam P2 - nailed down rock solid.

Most enlightening research thank you gentlemen, the ice is thinning.
Question; were the alterations made? Or, put another way did they fall for it?

EYE OF NEWT AND A BEARD HAIR FROM THE DOCTOR.....

The Voodoo cauldron of magic potions is alive and well. The little man sits in his Cant’berra office busily mixing together magic potions to razzle dazzle the inept, incompetent and downright stupid. A splash of doctored documents here, a slight of hand manoeuvre to change a date there, some weasel words and a furrowed brow during Senate estimates and whoosh! The trick has been completed. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dr Aleck had the ability to summon the ghost of mi mi mi Beaker Dolan out of the bowels of Can’tberra and back into the spotlight! He speaketh utter shit. Nothing short of a load of old cobblers and mi mi mi.

Aviation buyer beware - do not buy a used plane from Dr Voodoo.

TICK TOCK

JetGo enters voluntary administration, cancels all regional flights amid legal battle

R.I.P JetGo. Another airline folds amid a tough operating environment.

Link below; (P2 might be able to tidy up)

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.ne...le/9825166

Quote:JetGo enters voluntary administration, cancels all regional flights amid legal battle
ABC Illawarra 
By Gavin Coote and Nick McLaren

Updated yesterday at 4:32pm
[Image: 9825272-3x2-340x227.jpg]

PHOTO: JetGo has gone into voluntary administration. (ABC Illawarra: Justin Huntsdale)
RELATED STORY: JETGO Albury-Brisbane flights to take off
RELATED STORY: Dubbo set to get direct flights to Melbourne
RELATED STORY: Airline may consider Rockhampton-Sydney direct flights

Regional commercial airliner JetGo has gone into voluntary administration, prompting it to cancel flights across the country.
The company appointed administrators on Friday and said all regular passenger transport services had been suspended.

JetGo services many cities across regional Australia including Wollongong, Dubbo, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Rockhampton, Townsville and Karratha.
In a statement, the company said the administrators were "assessing the viability of the future operations" and it would continue limited charter operations.

It comes after the Dubbo Regional Council in western New South Wales lodged a claim in the Supreme Court, requesting the company be wound up over unpaid debts.

At the time, JetGo said the newly-merged council in Dubbo had reneged on a previous agreement to waive taxes as part of an incentive agreement.

More councils owed money

The news has shocked the Illawarra region, which did not have a commercial air service until JetGo began running local flights to Brisbane and Melbourne last year.

The Shellharbour City Council, which owns the Illawarra Regional Airport, said it had immediately ended its "service level agreement" with the company.
Shellharbour Mayor Marianne Saliba said she felt for those who had booked flights, but urged them to contact their bank or credit card company.

Quote:
"I'd say that your credit card company would be where I would start to find out reimbursement for the costs," Cr Saliba said.

"I think it's really sad that people are in this position and it's very disappointing, but it's completely out of Council's hands in that this was a business decision made by a private business."

Cr Saliba said the Illawarra to Essendon route was JetGo's busiest and highlighted the need to maintain the service.

She added the Council is also owed money by the company and it would work to recoup the debt.

"What we would like to do is try and ensure those services continue," she said.

Quote:
"We'll continue to work with JetGo and other airlines to find a suitable service provider."

In a statement, Townsville Airport chief operating officer Kevin Gill said he was disappointed with the news.

"We worked with JetGo in recent months in an effort to assist the service to continue," the statement read.

"JetGo has been a valued partner of Townsville Airport since commencing services to and from Townsville in September 2015."

A hearing will be held in the Supreme Court on June 18 as part of Dubbo Regional Council's legal action against Jetgo.

In a statement, the council said it was owed more than $270,000 and that it had "acted responsibly" to recover ratepayers' money.

Dubbo Regional Council's statement said,

Quote:Council's legal actions seeking to recover that debt on behalf of the Dubbo regional community followed months of ongoing direct negotiations with Jetgo.

Hotline set up for affected passengers

One of the appointed administrators, Jonathan Mcleod, has written to affected customers echoing suggestions that they contact their credit card provider.
Mr Mcleod told the ABC only two of the fleet of six jets were flying prior to his appointment, and that 4,045 passengers would be affected over the month of June.

Qantas has set up a hotline number — 1300 659 116 — for affected passengers to assist with cancelled flights and other flight options.

P2 edit - Since we're on a bit of a Queen's greatest lately Tongue :

Perhaps this should be Wingnut Carmody's new mantra... Angel RIP JetGo  Undecided

(06-01-2018, 05:48 PM)Gobbledock Wrote:  JetGo enters voluntary administration, cancels all regional flights amid legal battle

R.I.P JetGo. Another airline folds amid a tough operating environment.

Link below; (P2 might be able to tidy up)

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.ne...le/9825166

Quote:JetGo enters voluntary administration, cancels all regional flights amid legal battle
ABC Illawarra 
By Gavin Coote and Nick McLaren

Updated yesterday at 4:32pm
[Image: 9825272-3x2-340x227.jpg]

PHOTO: JetGo has gone into voluntary administration. (ABC Illawarra: Justin Huntsdale)
RELATED STORY: JETGO Albury-Brisbane flights to take off
RELATED STORY: Dubbo set to get direct flights to Melbourne
RELATED STORY: Airline may consider Rockhampton-Sydney direct flights

Regional commercial airliner JetGo has gone into voluntary administration, prompting it to cancel flights across the country.
The company appointed administrators on Friday and said all regular passenger transport services had been suspended.

JetGo services many cities across regional Australia including Wollongong, Dubbo, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Rockhampton, Townsville and Karratha.
In a statement, the company said the administrators were "assessing the viability of the future operations" and it would continue limited charter operations.

It comes after the Dubbo Regional Council in western New South Wales lodged a claim in the Supreme Court, requesting the company be wound up over unpaid debts.

At the time, JetGo said the newly-merged council in Dubbo had reneged on a previous agreement to waive taxes as part of an incentive agreement.

More councils owed money

The news has shocked the Illawarra region, which did not have a commercial air service until JetGo began running local flights to Brisbane and Melbourne last year.

The Shellharbour City Council, which owns the Illawarra Regional Airport, said it had immediately ended its "service level agreement" with the company.
Shellharbour Mayor Marianne Saliba said she felt for those who had booked flights, but urged them to contact their bank or credit card company.

Quote:
"I'd say that your credit card company would be where I would start to find out reimbursement for the costs," Cr Saliba said.

"I think it's really sad that people are in this position and it's very disappointing, but it's completely out of Council's hands in that this was a business decision made by a private business."

Cr Saliba said the Illawarra to Essendon route was JetGo's busiest and highlighted the need to maintain the service.

She added the Council is also owed money by the company and it would work to recoup the debt.

"What we would like to do is try and ensure those services continue," she said.

Quote:
"We'll continue to work with JetGo and other airlines to find a suitable service provider."

In a statement, Townsville Airport chief operating officer Kevin Gill said he was disappointed with the news.

"We worked with JetGo in recent months in an effort to assist the service to continue," the statement read.

"JetGo has been a valued partner of Townsville Airport since commencing services to and from Townsville in September 2015."

A hearing will be held in the Supreme Court on June 18 as part of Dubbo Regional Council's legal action against Jetgo.

In a statement, the council said it was owed more than $270,000 and that it had "acted responsibly" to recover ratepayers' money.

Dubbo Regional Council's statement said,

Quote:Council's legal actions seeking to recover that debt on behalf of the Dubbo regional community followed months of ongoing direct negotiations with Jetgo.

Hotline set up for affected passengers

One of the appointed administrators, Jonathan Mcleod, has written to affected customers echoing suggestions that they contact their credit card provider.
Mr Mcleod told the ABC only two of the fleet of six jets were flying prior to his appointment, and that 4,045 passengers would be affected over the month of June.

Qantas has set up a hotline number — 1300 659 116 — for affected passengers to assist with cancelled flights and other flight options.

P2 edit - Since we're on a bit of a Queen's greatest lately Tongue :

Perhaps this should be Wingnut Carmody's new mantra... Angel RIP JetGo  Undecided

Quoting from this Airports thread post: Airports & A4ANZ wars continue

Quote:"...Last year, ICAO, the United Nations’ global civil aviation organisation, made recommendations to governments around the world, urging them to maximise the benefits of aviation for all stakeholders.

Australia has been a global role model in heeding this call, with a regulatory framework that encourages airport investment..."

&..

"...Our CEO, Dr Alison Roberts, will participate in a panel discussion on airport privatisation, sharing insights into how the current regulatory environment is holding our region back..."

As a matter of interest, I am in the process of reviewing the latest BOLLOCKS, Dr Hoodoo Voodoo Aleck, notified differences to ICAO: https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip...18-h44.pdf  

If you want to get a sense of how our uniquely Australian regulatory framework/environment/red tape can impact on smaller Aussie operators by greatly increasing costs through unnecessary red tape imposts, that make it harder to compete against bigger operators and regional/international airlines, then go no further than reviewing the 46 pages of Annex 6 Part I, Part II & Part III 

Now compare that to one of our regional neighbours Singapore with their less than 1 page of NDs listed in the Singaporean CAAS A5 AIP GEN 1.7:  https://www.caas.gov.sg/docs/default-sou...1feb18.pdf

Quote:ANNEX 6 Operation of Aircraft

Part I (International Commercial Air Transport - Aeroplanes) - 9th edition
Chapter 6 (Amendment 34)

All aeroplanes of a MTWA of over 5700kg, regardless of the date that their
individual certificate of airworthiness is first issued, shall be equipped with a
Type I FDR.
6.3.1.2.4 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part I paragraph 6.3.1.2.3.
6.3.1.2.6 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part I paragraph 6.3.1.2.3.
6.3.1.2.9 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part I paragraph 6.3.1.2.3.
6.3.1.3.3 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part I paragraph 6.3.1.2.3.
6.3.2.1.3 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part I paragraph 6.3.1.2.3.
6.3.2.1.4 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part I paragraph 6.3.1.2.3.
Chapter 12 (Amendment 34)
Singapore regulations do not require all cabin crew to be trained on the use of
automated external defibrillator (AED). However, the regulations require that at
least one senior cabin crew on board every aircraft carrying AED to be trained
on the use of AED.
12.4(b)

Part II (International General Aviation - Aeroplanes) - 8th edition
Chapter 3 (Amendment 29)

individual certificate of airworthiness is first issued, shall be equipped with a
Type I FDR.
3.6.3.1.3.3 Currently, the use of analogue FDRs using FM is not permitted.
CVR.
Chapter 6 (Amendment 29)
General aviation aircraft in Singapore are required to be registered in the Public
Transport Category.

Part III (International Operations - Helicopters) - 7th edition
Chapter 4 (Amendment 15)

All helicopters of a MTWA of over 3180kg (adopting ICAO recommendation of
ANNEX 6 Part III paragraph 4.3.2.1.2), instead of 7000kg, are required to be
equipped with a CVR.
4.3.2.1.3 As above for ICAO ANNEX 6 Part III paragraph 4.3.2.1.1.

- Just saying  Rolleyes

MTF...P2  Tongue