The tale of Karen Casey.
Heart 

Justice Prevailed.

So in the stinking thinking of the almighty Insurers of P/A, I'm quite sure, with all the surveying etc, they did not think I would make it this far.

Well yesterday, I was there and I can say a very satisfactory result was finalised.
They thought I would fold with dismal offers, intimidation and just plain giving up.
With support from The Av Community, I learned to be tough. Thank you.
My family and Law team stuck by me through thick and think and believed in what I was saying to be true.
Nearing six years, well, hard bloody work to live through the shackles on my hands and feet, especially when your inner self knows the truths.

I am not one bit disappointed in the final outcome. As all would understand, I can not speak of the financial amount, but, they would not be happy.

Suffer as I have with physical loss and pain
It's called the Karmic Wheel.
Suffer now with your monetary loss ordered to pay.

Now. 
Time for the re-investigate with the ATSB.
I will not roll over like a Dog and bow to their twisted views of truth, learning, safety and most importantly, Accountability.

No sir!

Thanks heaps to all for years of support.
Talk soon. 
Nah...I'll roar soon

Ziggy  Heart

(06-11-2015, 07:47 AM)Ziggy Wrote:  Justice Prevailed.

So in the stinking thinking of the almighty Insurers of P/A, I'm quite sure, with all the surveying etc, they did not think I would make it this far.

Well yesterday, I was there and I can say a very satisfactory result was finalised.
They thought I would fold with dismal offers, intimidation and just plain giving up.
With support from The Av Community, I learned to be tough. Thank you.
My family and Law team stuck by me through thick and think and believed in what I was saying to be true.
Nearing six years, well, hard bloody work to live through the shackles on my hands and feet, especially when your inner self knows the truths.

I am not one bit disappointed in the final outcome. As all would understand, I can not speak of the financial amount, but, they would not be happy.

Suffer as I have with physical loss and pain
It's called the Karmic Wheel.
Suffer now with your monetary loss ordered to pay.

Now. 
Time for the re-investigate with the ATSB.
I will not roll over like a Dog and bow to their twisted views of truth, learning, safety and most importantly, Accountability.

No sir!

Thanks heaps to all for years of support.
Talk soon. 
Nah...I'll roar soon

Ziggy  Heart

Top stuff Ziggy--- Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin :

This bit...

"...Time for the re-investigate with the ATSB.

I will not roll over like a Dog and bow to their twisted views of truth, learning, safety and most importantly, Accountability..."

Bring it on - PAIN is here to help... Wink 

P2 Tongue  

Just had a text from Karen – a three month hold while PA have a little think about an appeal. So it’s a waiting game for KCY, she says she can handle the waiting and if this is what it takes to see this through to the end, then that’s what she will do. But it makes it tough, when the Karen team thought it was all done and dusted.

Bravo, that brave lady. Bravo….

Keep fighting through the haze Ziggy. Never give up. After 6 years you understand how their game is played, you know how their moves are made, you are awake to their machinations, you know you are close to victory. Remember the words of George Orwell;

“Until they become conscious, they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled, they cannot become conscious.”

And as you say Ziggy, we must never give up, this game isn't over yet, the full time whistle won't be blown until people are held to account. As aviators (and you are an aviator by default Zig), we must continue to question everything. Never assume anything government does is for the good of the citizenry. Why? Well that is not the purpose of modern government. It exists to perpetuate a regime. The words of James Madison, considered the father of the U.S. Constitution come to mind;

“All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.”

Yes power corrupts. And as the maxim goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely. So keep your chin up, and remember the excited of words of Col. William "Bill" Kilgore out of the classic Apocalypse Now;

"Do you smell that? It's napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory."

Well you can also smell victory Zig, you are so close that you can taste it!!

Anyway that's enough from me, must get back to the knitting. I am making a woollen blanket and a 'peter heater' for the Ferryman. It gets cold in the Houseboats wheelhouse this time of the year and I suspect that 'K' has a fair bit of work coming up.........

.jpg image.jpg Size: 322.86 KB  Downloads: 5

Heart Thank you for kind words of determination and inspiration.

A double whammy at the moment.
Personal matter...just waiting.

Re-Investigation. Absolute disgrace. 

I have Effin had enough of being psychologically tormented by the incompetent certain so called "professionals" from both CASA & the ATSB.

Mr Abbott, 

It's time for a RC into Australian Aviation Safety, Regulation and Investigation.

Firstly, the re-investigation so far of the first International Australian Crash was called an aberration and frowned upon by many reports and the Senate.
The NTSB etc. Ask your Deputy and his Treasurer. I'm sure they could give you Governmental "truths".

Hear me when I ask. From an actual survivor. The re-investigation of VH-NGA still amazes as the games continue. Why?

Your ATSB Commissioner clearly withheld evidence. This has been proven, yet he is still, Commissioner in charge of this re-investigation. How can I trust this report to flow through the same people, then it pass through Mr Dolans' hands again with confidence. Trust and Truss. No, how?

I met with your DP Mr Truss a few years ago about Aviation issues, with documents. Dismissed really, although all the evidence was sitting in front of him. So very absent. Given I saw Mr John Sharp in the Parliament elevator lobby that day, it was clear I was just an appointment of convenience. Mr Sharp had an appointment with him too. Expanding his business. Did not even recognise me. I was in one of his Jets, Operated by the company he chairs.

Let's not forget the timely political donations made. Ignored. Incompetent operator with the blessing of CASA. Ignored. The Chief Pilot then jets out of there, to be employed by CASA as an inspector. How? Ignored!

Now, people know that the life-vests have been miraculously found after five and a half years. Stored at NFI Police station.

So the ATSB invite an observer from CASA & P/A to view and watch manufacturer testing. 
What about the witnesses who actually wore them?

How do I know it's the same life-vest? No person in that room would be able to correctly identify the vests.

I will be there. Annex 13 folks. Spoken to Manufacturer, does not seem to be a problem, only issue is from the ATSB. Fair and Australian. I don't think so.

Mr Abbott & Co, you can't keep hiding the fact that the Pel Air incident will be tucked away nicely. Just as the omission to the ICAO of correct reporting of this incident was found. 
Treat the occupants like dirt, gag their mouths because we wouldn't want all to know that it's the same Commissioner and DP under your wing Mr Abbott; in charge of another controversial Aviation Incident.

Might want to have a chat with Albo too. Not all opposition are innocent of theses atrocities we have had to endure because we are an inconvenient truth to your Departments Incompetence.

It's all quite dangerous practice from leaders walking the path of preserve thy self.

How is a Governmental portfolio suppose to Evolve with Time if you don't LISTEN TO YOUR PEOPLE?

Especially Aviation Safety and Investigation.

An Australian Citizen that has had enough of the Political bullshit surrounding this disgrace towards your own fellow citizens.

Karen Casey."

Where I'm at....

Stay safe,

Ziggy

A Brief Philosophical Reasoning...Wise or Why's?

This goes out to the ones who have impeded the Evolution of Australian Aviation Safety. Created Monopolies not equality...and as Kharon says Wisely, the Individuals who sit behind the Throne of the Pixilated Muppet Show.

Huh Is it wise to continue to walk a path internally smeared with a conscience unclear?

Dodgy Has ego and power clouded your visual to what is right?

Cool Is your duty of care to people who pay your income compromised?

Confused Has fear of the truth trumped your thoughts of possibly losing status, power, greed and possessions?

Idea Do you believe yourself when you speak?

Cool Are you hiding lies beneath the layers of show-business?

Angel Are you aware of what circumstances that have harmed your "people" due to the swinging our countries Aviation Governing Pendulum?

Sleepy Is your conscience clear?

Idea Are you working with passion or for possessions?

Ashamed we must question the why's and not the wise.

If we could reach the wise to question, there would be progress.

That is the difference between people. 

To all of the above.

My conscience is clear and I enjoy inner peace. As do many wise people I have had the pleasure of connecting with over the past almost six years. 

Do you, those behind the Throne of the Muppet Show?

Are you wise or always pounded by why's?

Heart Ziggy

Zig's Hear, bloody hear!

Succinct, to the point, and so damned true!!
I know there are good "Honest" people within the regulators ranks, people who care deeply about their Industry and profession.

Where is their voice?????? We are listening, but we cant hear you!!!

As the stupidity continues to spill out of the mouths of supposed leaders and their scribes, I sit and welcome death.

Appealed. Yes.
PTSD.
They, the insurers, know I have it, but the 1929 law says I don't.
So another twelve months of waiting.

Waiting still after six years for:

Fairness and report from ATSB
Truth from CASA/ASA and Truss
Some sort of assistance from The Unaccountable Government (TUG)

My body aches. Right side of face numb. Right arm useless. Right leg weak.
Cysts on my spine filling with Cerebral Spinal Fluid from the traction injury caused by the crash.
Yet, I need approval from the Trustees to have medical therapy.
I can not drive my car very far.
Request a cheap auto, waiting, waiting...needs approval from the Government.

Funny how it's one big fat corrupt loop of destroying the lives of others to save a title of another.

Should have died.
Living is too hard with all that has happened and continues.

My freedom of living, in every way has gone.

I welcome death.

Hope all you bastards that wriggle like worms through the system of the Government are faced with what I see and feel every day.
But you never will, because for some of us, the rules are different, aren't they.

The law can kiss my arse.
The Government can kiss my arse.

Sneaky, corrupt egotistical morons that seem to believe they are superior to us plebs of society.

Well, phuck you all.

I welcome death.

Hang in there Zig, stay strong. The bastards are trying to break you, don't give up the fight. Don't let them win. We are behind you.

Dear Government Asswipes,
FFS, stop playing games with this poor girl. Stop hiding behind laws or lack of laws you parasites. She was in an aeroplane crash. She has been permanently injured both physically and emotionally. Compensate her. Dignify her. Pay her. Let her get on with her life.

To think that because someone serves as PM even for a year or two they get compensated with a massive salary for life! You vile pigs are an abomination. Then this poor girl Zig gets injured in an accident that has a government department as part of the root cause and she isn't entitled to so much as a cup of coffee. I call BULLSHIT. I hope none of you stains on society find a safe place to hide when society finally revolts against dictatorial capitalist political pigs.

If you can keep your head when all about you  
  Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,  
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
  But make allowance for their doubting too;  
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
  Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
  And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;  
  If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;  
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
  And treat those two impostors just the same;  
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
  Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
  And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
  And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
  And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
  To serve your turn long after they are gone,  
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
  Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,  
  Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
  If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
  With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,  
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,  
  And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

R. Kipling.

Chin up Kaz, hang in.  Human decency and dignity still exists, just a little thin on the ground.

PS. old Rudyard was a bit of a misogynist....  Big Grin

Ziggy – we are here for you; all of us.  They all must meet the boatman and pay their fare– it is inevitable.  Not very poetical, but these boys are and my phone works just fine.

Vaya con dios.

Ziggy – never underestimate the power of decency, honesty and the support of those who hold you dear.  

It seems music and poetry helps with your pain; my humble contribution.  Here is real power, here is real love and the unmistakable ring of truth.  We stand here, you stand with us.

http://youtu.be/AsjplVuBdoY

The above song expresses how I feel most days.

Never ending pain.
Never ending prisoner of my own life.

I just wish I could fly again, free through life.

I battle every day to continue on and I am weary.

Terrible thoughts of roping brick to my feet and sinking.
Hopelessness.
Worthlessness.

Yet, I find strength in people like you all. 
It is a real comfort to know that decency prevails still.
The human spirit can connect with one another without ever seeing the flesh.

You all know me well, as poetry and music is the medium I use for expression.
I have listened to both songs and felt your comfort.
I have read the words you have written and felt worth.

Comfort and worth from those who really do care is priceless.

Tears are rolling down my face as I type.
Tears of gratitude knowing that behind the darkness, the light of truth echoes louder from all your kind words.

I can not thank you all enough.

I will stand with you.

Many times I turn to Auntys' shoulder to lean on.
Always there.
Humanity at its best.

I stand with you and thank you all for standing by me.

Heart Ziggy xxx

P2, very nice choice. And very kind of you to share with Ziggy.
The Gobbledock has a very robust list of musical interests, anywhere between the Sex Pistols, Iron Maiden, Eric Clapton and Andrea Bocelli.
My 'comfort' music that I sometimes disconnect and chill out to is below (tiny sample) and I hope Ziggy enjoys;

- Andre Bocelli - Time to say goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Solitary Man, Canta libre and Shilo (off Hot August Night)
- Bob Sega (Night Moves) - Night Moves and Against The Wind
- Anything from from Wagner and Vivaldi
- Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture

Sorry, no Wham, Justin Bieber or Backstreet Boys

Affectionately
Gobbles

(09-21-2015, 05:51 PM)P1_aka_P1 Wrote:  Ziggy – never underestimate the power of decency, honesty and the support of those who hold you dear.  

It seems music and poetry helps with your pain; my humble contribution.  Here is real power, here is real love and the unmistakable ring of truth.  We stand here, you stand with us.

My parents have been in the sky since 21:30 last night to L.A.

With this in mind and the continuing unpleasant, uninvited intrusive thoughts of them not making it to there destination. It is torture, believe me. My brain does not function as others with such vivid memories of my own fate.

I have listened to this song many times overnight.
Thank you. I am still here in the morn.
My Ma & Pa have not yet landed, I wait in anticipation.
Lots of water to fly over.

So I see it fitting to translate this incredible piece of music accordingly, the words and power of the song has seen me through the night.

Nobody shall sleep
Nobody shall sleep 
Even you o' Princess
In your cold room
Watch the stars that tremble with love and hope
But my secret is hidden within me
My name no-zone shall know
No! No!
On your mouth I will tell
When the light shines
And will dissolve the silence that makes you mine
(No-one will know his name and we must, alas, die)
Vanish, o' night!
Set, stars. Set, stars,
At dawn,
I will win!
I will win!
I will win!

Thank you.

(09-21-2015, 07:40 PM)Gobbledock Wrote:  P2, very nice choice. And very kind of you to share with Ziggy.
The Gobbledock has a very robust list of musical interests, anywhere between the Sex Pistols, Iron Maiden, Eric Clapton and Andrea Bocelli.
My 'comfort' music that I sometimes disconnect and chill out to is below (tiny sample) and I hope Ziggy enjoys;

- Andre Bocelli - Time to say goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Solitary Man, Canta libre and Shilo (off Hot August Night)
- Bob Sega (Night Moves) - Night Moves and Against The Wind
- Anything from from Wagner and Vivaldi
- Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture

Sorry, no Wham, Justin Bieber or Backstreet Boys

Affectionately
Gobbles

Gobbles,

Love your choice of music.
I too have a very broad range.
From Zeppelin, Metallica, Jimmy Hendrix, WhiteSnake, All Classical pieces, Bette Midler to Bullet for my Valentine.

The harmonics of music can resonate personally, equally depending on ones feeling at a particular moment. Varied artists are a must for me to make it through each day. 

Thank you Gobbles.
Affectionate returned tenfold!

P.S. No apologies for no Wham ect...Rock on buddy!

So I Write...

I dedicated this poem to all my dear friends here on Aunty, Ben Sandilands,
NX & all the decent people who understand the complexity of the issues at hand.

STANCE!

After death stared and stole my fear
I have searched for reason 
To wake each day
Reason is to just,
Be.
Observe
Overcome Obstacles

Connect with nature
Connect again with
Innate energy
Visualise
Embrace uncertainty
Tolerate the outer
Learn from within
Learn from curiosity
Passion
People
Learn to love again
Receive love again
Live each rotation
No known destination.

Heart Ziggy

On a Serious Note...not musical but Political.

Mr Turnball,

When are you going to address the Aviation Ministers lack of understanding of his own Portfolio?

I have visited him. No interest. Wrote to Abbott. No interest.

Yes, we are talking about mechanical, human flown birds in the sky carrying many souls.

Still not serious enough for you?

When are you going to question all the disgraceful, yet accepted by your new Government about the past, current and future Aviation Issues. Which are Serious.

Why have you not?

I believe the reason is in a nutshell called, Account-Ability.

Do you have the Ability to query the DPM & his "pals", or will you let these Serious issues slide into the abyss of ridiculous piles of useless paperwork.

I don't think you would like an incident to happen on your watch.
But then, it's happened before on other PMs watches and completely kept under the radar by their "protectors" aka, lawyers and corrupt cover my butt types.

Are you going to change that?

Or are you just the same as all the others?
Cowards. Unable to address Australian Aviation riddled with the virus of corruption and greed watching it spread to endemic levels.
Be careful, if left, another disaster is inevitable.

You NEED experts. Not institutionalised minds.

Are you going to address these issues Mr Turnball?

Or do I need to shout it out loud to your public?
Quite sure they would not be too pleased with the truth.

Thankful for this site, Ben Sandilands and the Smart Senate Squad.

Perhaps you need to read all, yes you, not your lawyer friends who run and duck for cover down the corridors of the House we are suppose to Trust.

Accountability Mr Turnball, it's your turn.

Do your citizens and country proud.
Save Australian Aviation from the greedy Monopolisers.
Save Australian Aviation with Safety Reforms that are Simple yet effective, not ramblings from lawyers with no Aviation experience.

Bit scary, huh!

Well...will you be Honourable?

A title so easily placed before names that do not deserve it.

Honourable John Sharp, Warren Truss, Sir Angus...Hhmmm

I believe Honourable Dominic James is more fitting. 

It was he that saved our lives, not your Honourable men.  

Give him credit for being the first Pilot in the World to successfully ditch a jet at night in a storm with full survival.

Stop the torture of the innocent and the protection of the Dis-Honourable.

Over to you PM.

Karen Casey.

Excellent post Ziggy... Wink

I hope you don't mind but I've taken the opportunity to repost on Ben's blog - see here:

Quote:[Image: 9e6a100682b43262d442628f4a9eaeeb?s=32&d=identicon&r=G] PAIN_P2

Posted September 22, 2015 at 9:28 am | Permalink
[*]
On behalf of Karen Casey, PelAir survivor & victim of two successive inept Ministers. Both of whom – for apparently self-serving interests – cannot and will not accept that the maladministration of aviation safety & aviation accident investigation continues & is doing both the industry & the travelling public a huge disservice:

“…Mr Turnball,

When are you going to address the Aviation Ministers lack of understanding of his own Portfolio?

I have visited him. No interest. Wrote to Abbott. No interest.

Yes, we are talking about mechanical, human flown birds in the sky carrying many souls.
Still not serious enough for you?

When are you going to question all the disgraceful, yet accepted by your new Government about the past, current and future Aviation Issues. Which are Serious.

Why have you not?

I believe the reason is in a nutshell called, Account-Ability.

Do you have the Ability to query the DPM & his “pals”, or will you let these Serious issues slide into the abyss of ridiculous piles of useless paperwork.

I don’t think you would like an incident to happen on your watch.

But then, it’s happened before on other PMs watches and completely kept under the radar by their “protectors” aka, lawyers and corrupt cover my butt types.
Are you going to change that?

Or are you just the same as all the others?

Cowards. Unable to address Australian Aviation riddled with the virus of corruption and greed watching it spread to endemic levels.

Be careful, if left, another disaster is inevitable.

You NEED experts. Not institutionalised minds.

Are you going to address these issues Mr Turnball?

Or do I need to shout it out loud to your public?

Quite sure they would not be too pleased with the truth.

Thankful for this site, Ben Sandilands and the Smart Senate Squad.

Perhaps you need to read all, yes you, not your lawyer friends who run and duck for cover down the corridors of the House we are suppose to Trust.

Accountability Mr Turnball, it’s your turn.

Do your citizens and country proud.

Save Australian Aviation from the greedy Monopolisers.

Save Australian Aviation with Safety Reforms that are Simple yet effective, not ramblings from lawyers with no Aviation experience.

Bit scary, huh!

Well…will you be Honourable?

A title so easily placed before names that do not deserve it.

Honourable John Sharp, Warren Truss, Sir Angus…Hhmmm

I believe Honourable Dominic James is more fitting.

It was he that saved our lives, not your Honourable men.

Give him credit for being the first Pilot in the World to successfully ditch a jet at night in a storm with full survival.

Stop the torture of the innocent and the protection of the Dis-Honourable.

Over to you PM.

Karen Casey…”

Dan said – “..It appears that only when a safety failure causes an incident which actually results in significant loss-of-life, will the Australian mass-media wake-up to the many & varied flaws in the culture, regulation & enforcement of safety-issues within Australian aviation..”
Our latest near miss cover-up was given some MSM coverage – again behind the pay wall of the Australian – & can be read here with some analysis from PAIN members – Skimore corner or here – Things that go bump in the night.

There was also one ‘serious incident’ that was uncovered by Senator Xenophon in a recent public hearing into the administration of Airservices Australia, where it was discovered that although the ASA was told the ATSB was investigating on the 24th July, there was no record on the ATSB website of either the incident or whether the bureau was going to investigate. See here .

&..here:  

[*]

[*]'No comment' required, again well done Ziggy, hang in there girl, we've got your back...MTF..P2  Wink