The tale of Karen Casey.

The Gobbledock is chomping at the bit to take the Styx Houseboat out for a spin, she's had a makeover and is a fine boat. Captain Kharon is patient and meticulous however F/O Gobbles is eager to pick up passengers! The Ferry is ready my Captain - the brass has been polished, new huon pine floorboards attached and a pair of quick Man turbo Diesel engines fitted. I've fuelled the Ferry and the CAsA, ASA, ATsB and DOIT's addresses have been programmed into the GPS. I've stocked the wheelhouse bar fridge with coldies and there is a supply of chippies on hand. That should mitigate any fatigue issues (and yes, even the Ferryman believes in a 'just culture'). Ive also loaded the CD player and I'm ready to play The Blue Oyster er Cults 'Don't fear the Reaper'. That should relax our guests! 

C'mon Captain, let's take the S.S Casey out for a spin and pick up some passengers, please please please!!

Where is DPMs' mention. Considering it is his Portfolio.
Not to mention the proposed Airport. Bankstown etc.

Someone let Fluffy words off the chain again.

Reading my local this morning. Stumble across an article. 

St Mary's Standard Newspaper. Page 12.

"NEW PM to keep eyes on West: Infrastructure a Priority"

No mention of Airport??
Please explain Mr T, what you mean by..."taking up the Infrastructure Mantle..."
"The PM said he would take up the "Infrastructure PM Mantle of his Predecessor" Huh?

Then..page 7.

"Defence Minister Marise"

"...Ms Payne, the Senator for Western Sydney and previously the Human Services Minister, is well regarded in the party"..."her partner, Liberal MP Stuart Ayres said he was very proud of her"

I live in this electorate and have been ignored repeatedly.

I spoke to Ms Payne previously, I was the pain. "nothing we can do for you  Karen"...same words from Chris Bowen heard it too many times. 

The consultation with their people is a void of empty remedies. Yet consultation between one another of "Title", cloaked in secrecy, is acceptable. 

Please explain WTF you are doing Mr T.
Please explain WTF your DPM has done for Infrastructure, in particular to Aviation. It's not all about gloating. 
It's about getting the job done safely, fair-go mate, Fair-Go.

The stage the performers play via media and broken promises, will be challenged on a stage of truth.

Liquid Handcuffs on the People who are the real workers.
Gaff tape on their mouths.

Unleashed with the truth via Art. Absolutely possible. Yes.

A "Title" is needed for the outright disgrace that has been.

Maybe..."The Mantle...of Darkness"

Writing, writing, writing...

Change. Rely on dis-connected beings.
No.
Change from people with passion.
Yes.

Plato had it write/right!

.jpg image.jpg Size: 183.16 KB  Downloads: 7

Heart Ziggy

Opinion.

...a whisper I heard...Post Traumatic Stress Disorder- MH17 Families prepare to Sue.

Unfortunately the world we live in today is disconnected in so many ways.

The Human element of compassion is here, it's just been suffocated by greed, laws and monopolies. Not to mention Governments affiliation.

Which leads onto the superficial jargon feed to some mainstream mediums. Are we not meant to be informed?

Well it seems not.

No matter how hard I have endeavoured, this site with experts writing, a Senate and much more, to bring to light the Unsafe and Unfair Policies, Procedures and Laws to light to inform, not scare, but inform the public, I am met with a block. For six years.

Dear Flying Humans, People, Families of Perished (RIP).

Be informed of the Montreal Convention regarding Psychological Trauma. An antique 1929 law re-worded cleverly by lawyers IN 1944 then 1999. Basically stating the same as 1929. 
PTSD does not exist after a Plane Crash/Incident. 

Even with a bodily injury and loss of career, future prospects and pain every day. Just to remind you of why you feel worthless and many dreams unattainable.

A force ignited in me as this law is just Humanly Cruel and Justice is not blind for fairness sake. 
Justice now peeps through the holes of unbiasedness and sways away from accountability.

Regarding Aviation.

If more expert time and money was poured into Safety rather than Profits for greedy Monopolisers of Our Skies, many incidents could have been prevented. 

A word I have heard many times before. Sadly.

If at least someone from our Gov, acknowledge the Pel-Air incident, six years on, spoke of the mistakes, the learning, actually mentioned such an important event. Australia's first International Plane Accident. 
Never. Ever. 

Not even at Safety Conferences.

Why?

One word.

Account-Ability.

Regarding PTSD, it's real.
If any person who has had the very unpleasant experience, they would know.

My brain is part of my body. It is injured. Neuropathic pathways created from such a horrific incident, reminded every day with the sting of pain, loss of function and psychological torture.

I would not be in this situation if laws were competent, operators were competent and Accountability Embraced. 
Rather it is booted off the ledge of humanity from a force within a zone of greed, egos and lies. Creating that ever widening gap between people of "wealth/money" "middle class" (which is disappearing) and "poor". 

No need. Enough to go around.
Just don't know how to do it.

We do Know,
We just Don't Do!

Greed is not the answer. 
Greed is not good.
Greed manifests lies.

I will stand behind you all Who all have a battle ahead.

A long journey before you. Yet fighting for Justice and Truth becomes very Powerful.

Six years this November. Appealed the PTSD last month.
Know I have it, but the law says I don't.
Even though during a Supreme Court Trial, Judgment ruled that PTSD is an injury to the brain.

Appealed.

I will think of you all each day as a tough fight is ahead. Again.

Stay strong. 

Change can happen.

If some leaders softened their hearts, there would be understanding. 
If some leaders recognised the need for change, accountability and learning to evolve harmoniously, safety would be achieved.

If the greedy thought more of Souls flying Safely, rather than profits, liability, airspace-wars and laws, we may evolve Aviation into this Millennium.

Just maybe.

Bless you all that are striving for Justice in a World where the Currency of Money has become Oxygen for some. The "Powerful" some.

Truth can overcome the "Powerful" sum/some.

I hope Divine Favour is bestowed towards you all.

All my heartfelt thoughts and love,

Heart Ziggy.

A Good Friend Alerted me to an Article regarding our PMs Father, who was killed in 1982 in a Plane Crash.

With absolutely no dis-respect intended, I must question.

After reading the article, I was shocked that The PMs father was killed at such a young age of only 52 years olds in a Plane Crash. 

Would the Aviation Safety Portfolio not be very dear to his heart for Safety and Fairness, considering his father was a hard working land man?

What is he being told?
Who is telling him "all is grand, no problems with this Portfolio?
Ignore all the hype from the Senate and reports etc?

Who is telling him that Aviation in our Country is Safe and Fair?

Who?

Heart Huh Heart Ziggy

Zig;

"A Good Friend Alerted me to an Article regarding our PMs Father, who was killed in 1982 in a Plane Crash"

Well I can tell you who wouldn't be telling PM Turdball anything - Beaker, Skid'Mark, Harfwit, Pumpkin Head, Crusty Head, and other assorted dross.

However I am quite certain that being that Mr Turdball is new as PM these people would be writing to him - Mr Dick Smith, Sen Fawcett and Sen Xenophon, and possibly some of the other decent Senate crew.

Perhaps the Gobbledock will write a brief note to the PM and attach a link to Auntypru? Then the PM can read til his heart is content about what is truthfully happening in his out-of-touch Deputy's portfolio.

Complexity shredded to Simplicity.

A Morning Ponder...

As each day surprises me with every second of uncertainties, the one thing I know is that within each millisecond, it is my choice to absorb the outer and connect with the inner. Combine the inner and outer (environmental) and choose each glance or passing thought with either regret or instant doubt for an uncertainty or, change. Inner and outer. Balanced. One does not work without the other. It is simple, yet we make complexity a rule of life now. We have reluctantly relaxed into having to making complex issues messy by not seeing the simple solutions. Which comes to us with the combination of choice and change from our outer matter and our inner matter.
What is in between is a quantum entanglement between Us and the Universe. Where elegant simplicity is the foundation of our being. Yet consciousness has entered our equation of existence and challenged our brains/minds to think and evolve differently via individuals perceptions. Life experience and whether lessons have been learned then actioned so the brain/mind/spirit can translate and teach the soul/spirit/energy to respond the information and behave through the medium, that being the biochemical matter we reside in. 
When deducted to our quantum selves, we become one with all that is pulsating with life. That's everywhere. That's the Uni's-Verse. A constant Harmonious and Effortless Mystery travelling through space every millisecond. 

Us, have had the opportunity to be harmonious on our small Planet for thousand of years now. Yet our species still maintain conflict with each other, showing lack of compassion through accepted beliefs which are thoughts that we choose. Either individually or by the masses.

We can say No. We can say no to the destruction of Us, a beautifully orchestrated conduction of cells organised giving Us the ability to think or say yes or no to the rebuilding of the Human Kind. An equal part each of Us, individually contributing to each rotation of our only home.
Either aware, awake and reaching for humanity. Or ignorant of our beautiful home and Us that occupy Earth. She's our only Home, for now.

Simplicity is the key to great change rather than the now trained Human brain to function in a multi-tasking complex external World. 
The in between quantum exchange is the pulse that needs to slow it's pace as the process of information has rapidly over a short time become overwhelming. 

We can not possibly evolve as Humans quick enough to keep up with technology that is making our World smaller and inpatient, greedy and with borders on land and in the sky. 
Why?

The Balance is lost, but can be found.
The slumbering awakening of the morning is a time to be device free and breathe. Use all senses to view the beauty of our place in the Universe and ponder on conflict. Within and outer and beyond. Conflict spreads rapidly.
As does compassion when our united compassionate kinetic energy becomes one. 
Simple.
Choose. Conflict or Compassion.

A dropped thought or action ripples through the invisible mystery of the quantum resulting in an action of the macro matter of Us.
Either a controlled spread of unity with love at the core or chaotic complexities creating conflict?
Choice.
Indeed.

Applicable to this matter and many more controlled by chaotic minds rather than simplicity of truth and fact?
I believe so.
As honesty, compassion and unity have been clearly absent.

Angel R.I.P 
All the Souls who have perished through Incompetencies of Macro Manipulated Mechanical thinking from those we are to trust to keep us safe in the skies.

As it continues today. Unchallenged.

Neither "side" of national leadership over many decades has had the will of compassion to truthfully address past and present complexities that could be far more simpler and path the way for sensible, simple change. 

The "Why?" will never be answered. Too late.
It is the thoughts and actions of the present which will determine the outcome of the complex mess that has been made.

Note to PM, DPM and the other Titled Ones:

Awaiting truth...

Don't think a creepy bought writer could sharpen their pencil enough to cut through the thick web that has been weaved to reveal the Simple Truth/s.

So, Covert Complexity or Compassion and Truth Dear PM? 

When You're at the Point of no Return.

Our Air Regulator and Investigators of Broken Dreams has been spawned from the resulting Accumulation of Govern-Mental Bureaucracy repeating History with new tailored Words. That have little purpose for Aviation Safety and Australian General Aviation Sustainability.

Standing from the Outside with knowledge of the Inside has placed me in a position where I CAN tell the Truth of Facts. 

Nothing to lose now. Nothing left.
Physically, not too good. So, I will Publish and never stop Pursuing the Rights for those who are left with the physical and mental carnage in the aftermath of Aviation Crashes.

The Truth is Hidden not only in the Clouds, but on the Ground. More dangerously though, in the Minds of those who know of Truths, yet ignore Facts. Far from Safe Practice. 
Far, Far away from Fair Dinkum.
A Quick Synopsis of what WILL be Published...Soon.

Firstly, regarding the Law, particularly to Protect it own Citizens. Lost all Respect for it. My Own Government, lost all respect for them, all layers included.

Secondly, I in no way personally (not by law, as it goes) lay any blame on the Pilots. They Saved our lives in tremendously difficult conditions. 
The Foundation of this unprecedented, globally historically ditching has been twisted from what should have been accountability and learning to a Court/Senate/Board Room Whirlpool of Words with no Action.

Sauntering into Seven years. Still the Current Federal Investigation continues. Personal Matter before Appeals Court in Late February 2016.
Date of Ditching: November 18, 2009. Answers. Not yet. Fairness. Nope.
Justice. Still battling...won't back down.

No more StandBy, awaiting answers.
  • November 2009. Ditching
  • "Gold Standard" JS from Operators CEO REX/Pel-Air
  • CASA "Special Audit" w/ Crucial Information regarding Operators lack of Ad-Hoc Mede-Vac Policy (None). Over a Hundred pages of "Issues" regarding the Operator not only at the time of the Ditching, but for years before. Facts from previous Audits.
  • In particular FRMS, International Flight Training and a redundant, unsafe, Fuel Policy. Not too much land whilst flying around the Sth Pacific Ocean, Ad-Hoc with many Variables which were Never addressed prior to the Ditching.
  • Special Audit w/held from ATSB
  • Australia's First International Investigation
  • Worlds First Full Survival of a Ditching with complete Hull Loss
  • ATSB report called an "Aberration" by the Australian Senate
  • NTSB involved
  • Plane lifted after Six Years, Life-Vests Found in MFI Police Station.
  • Turn up in plastic shopping bag for testing???
  • Voice/Data recorder surprisingly readable, so they say
  • Independently reviewed. No, just the ATSB & Co
  • Let's see what that may bring??
  • Ditching Federally Re-Investigated (still current)
  • VH-NGA not correctly reported to ICAO
  • JMc wanted the Position there so much. Could not have NGA on his watch
  • Six years of political games, donations, unbelievable yet true banter...
  • VH-NGA now registered with the Australian Air-Force as a Cadet Training Glider, yet NGA still being Federally Investigated by our Government
  • One NGA resting on the Ocean Floor still being Investigated
  • One NGA flying in the sky
  • If an International body was to search NGAs registration here, Flying well. Nothing to see here. Move along
  • I DON'T THINK SO. Not so easy to slip under this radar.

The falling apart of a once thriving industry via Corp-Gov Handshakes has not only taken jobs, but is destroying the hard working middle class of the Aviation Industry. It is spreading everywhere.
Land of opportunity.
For the Rich and Greedy. Perhaps.
For the Honest, hard working Aussie. Probably Not.

Truth from those we are to trust. What I have experienced, close up and personal. No.

No fear now. No turning point back to any resemblance of a normal life now.
Another year of hurdles with more surgery and legal battles.
Learning of a rare disease in my spine, which there is no cure. A result from the Trauma of a 9 tonne Jet hitting the water at @200kms/hr with my body sitting where first impact broke the aircraft in two under my seat. 

Knowing all that I do. As I recover from surgeries this year, I will write, finish, edit and publish.

I hold my Promises.

I Promise. So to all who have impeded the truth, been obstructive or just plain rude. You WILL be named and shamed. 
I have no fear..for you my dears.

Leave it to the Underbelly of the Pollies. Nothing constructive will come.

I continue to read about Australia's Aviation and am saddened to always read either bullshit from the papers or see the Politicians smile as if all is fine.

Mr Turnball.
Read, Read, Read. 
Read from here. Learn for yourself.
Mr Truss. Apathy is not the making of a DP.
Your apathy regarding many Aviation matters has been questionable, as too your Nat Party's Treasurer. Connected mass of lies?
Albo, where were you? 
Did or have any of these "Honourables" lived up to their names in relation to the Pel-Air Ditching. No. Not One. Ever.

You All Ran for cover to save your Mortal Arses which will one day be Dust. Not one of you attached to this matter have made good on your title, Honourable. So what is your Purpose of Position/Title?

Ziggy Heart

Last post...

Too sick. 
Fed up with being labelled as the "Crazy Woman"
I'm not.
No-one is listening or speaking to me.
What is the point?
So farewell dear friends and thank you for your support

They may listen to professional pilots, but not a survivor.
After losing three years of emails, waking each day to the same shit and promises broken too many times from the "other" Human Un-Kind.

Our own Aviation Portfolio Pansies, from our Australian Government. Too afraid to speak up. Might lose their title or pension. Pathetic. 
We vote for these dickheads. 
Not I.

Over it.
No-One hears the cries from a Woman, especially if she has been labelled "Crazy"

I'm not. I'd run circles of intelligence and common sense around most of the Wankers of Oz Aviation which mainly comprise of Lawyers, Co-Operations and their Donations and of course, Political arse-covering. Viral.

WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU NUMBNUTS in Parliament. Your practice of dodging Aviation truths IS Dangerous Practice.

Me, just living in Hell. Every day.

So, I wish you all the best penetrating into the Layer Cake of Lawyers, corrupt Politicians and Insurance Companies. They think they have "Power" because of their status. 
How foolish. How Greedy. How Cruel.

So a BIG F-You to all the Bastards that have wriggled out of dealing with truth and facts enabling learning from the Ditching.
May you never have to experience what I have.

In a Nutshell. Fuck you to each Aviation Minister who has done absolutely NOTHING to remedy Safety regarding Pel-Airs' disgraceful fall from grace then they rise up again, dust off, with a little help from Pollie friends.

Then they hold hands cut that Layer Cake to celebrate. Got away with it. Phew! No you didn't get away with anything, you all just think you have.

You bunch of Fucking Souless Morons.
A threat of Defamation of character was once emailed to me by the Skull, threatening me with that. Nice. Thank you, Prick.
Bring it on. Slap me with a Defamation scare. Dare you!

No more posts. Seven years is enough.
I'm done.

Keep up the good work fellas and thank you for supporting me for over half a decade. 

Keep on keeping on (KOKO)

Love, light and hope.

Safe skies. Yeah Right.

Not with Truss & Co (particularly Mr Pink Batts & his other Partners in Crime) at the Controls.

Ziggy  Heart

Zig  - Anyone who has been through troubles which have dragged on, without resolution for years goes through ‘phases’.  There are more qualified to advise than I on how best to ‘manage’ those and minimise the damage to self.  Every emotion is amplified, every nerve drawn taut to the breaking point. The constant need to ‘dig deep’ wears to the very core of your being.  All I can offer is one word : Endure.

and a couple of lines from a poem:-

Quote:If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,  

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

Kipling – IF.

Ziggo,

We are there for you, as you well know. Thought a short read was in order:

Quote:                
What is meant by the modern term referred to as ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’..

Although I consider myself fluent in English, that term was not in my vocabulary.

Someone found this definition in 4 telegrams at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence Missouri.

The following are copies of four telegrams between President Harry Truman and Gen Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the WWII Surrender Agreement in September 1945..  

The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war - not a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan 0800-September 1,1945

To: President Harry S Truman

Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2) Washington, D C 1300-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur

Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan 1630-September 1, 1945

To: H S Truman

Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C 2120-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’ really means.....

Ziggy girl, you're not crazy. Battling bureaucracies and corrupt parasites makes you feel like you are going crazy, but you're not. Let them label you whatever they want to, it doesn't change the fact that you are tougher than any one of those weak, pathetic, spineless vermin will ever be (there you go, I just labelled them, and f@ck em all). At least you don't hide behind 'stacked' laws and under a rock. You are the real deal, a real person, and we've come to consider you to be a friend.

I suggest you have a rest, indulge in your passion for music, meditate and regather your strength and thoughts. There will always be a chair kept warm for you in the front row of the viewing platform on the Styx Houseboat, so we will let you know when we pick up some well deserving scalps. Blood lettings and purgatory are Captain Kharon's speciality. I just tune the engines and keep the boat ship-shape. Never fear, your seat at the PAIN table remains reserved.

P.S As for the McComic shit-o-gram we've all had one of them, it's a compliment. And Skull, if you're reading this - kiss my hairy ass, f#cker!

For and on behalf of Ziggy - The following is a quote off the Senate Estimates thread:
Quote:Commonwealth legislative provisions relating to oversight of associated entities of political parties

Quote:On 19 April 2016, the following matter was referred to the Finance and Public Administration References Committee for inquiry and report by the 4 May 2016:

Commonwealth legislative provisions relating to oversight of associated entities of political parties, with particular reference to the adequacy of:

1.the funding and disclosure regime relating to annual returns;

2.the powers of the Australian Electoral Commission with respect to supervision of the conduct of, and reporting by, associated entities of political parties; and

3.any related matters; and

2.     That the Senate direct Senator Sinodinos to appear before the committee to answer questions.

The Submission closing date is mid-day, Tuesday 26 April 2016. The reporting date is 4 May 2016.
Probably much to the Ferryman's horror   Big Grin , those ToR got me thinking..thinking..thinking???  Mainly 1. & definitely 3. but also some of 2. maybe??

As most PAIN associates know, PAIN has an extensive file on the PelAir cover-up Senate inquiry, that still gets regular updates and further information added, while we are actively conducting our parallel investigation with the ATSB VH-NGA re-investigation.

Now part of that file includes volumes of information pertaining to any dodgy or otherwise associations between REX and various political parties &/or government agencies. In particular there was one very murky association and political donation that occurred just prior to the Senate inquiry which began 22nd October 2012:

Quote:“Do you operate or conduct business under any other names?"

Rex made a $250,000 donation to the ALP, $95,700 to the federal Nationals and $40,000 to the Liberal Party. This made the small airline one of the biggest political donors in the country.

“Rex is a public company and it had an obligation to explain whether even one (word) regarding the crash was spoken with any of the political parties,” Mr Xenophon told The Australian.

“This largesse to political parties is inexplicably baffling and I will be buying some shares in Rex and asking them to explain it.”

&..

Quote:The airline had earlier incorrectly claimed it had made no donations to the LNP; however, when shown otherwise, Ms Chapple said the airline had meant it had made no donations to the Queensland LNP.

Of particular interest was Rex’s $250,000 donation to the federal ALP given the airline was a highly vocal critic of the Labor government.

In 2013 Rex publicly said the ALP was “hellbent” on destroying regional aviation and “along with it pretty much the rest of the economy”.

Mr Xenophon said it appeared to defy reason why Rex would donate heavily to a government it would shortly afterwards describe as “destroying its industry”.

“Perhaps Rex had a case of Stockholm syndrome?” he said.

In 2009 a Rex aeroplane — operated under the group’s Pel-Air brand — ditched into the ocean with six passengers on board, badly injuring one.

A lengthy Australian Transport Safety Board investigation blamed the Pel-Air pilot involved in the crash but failed to mention 57 breaches or “serious deficiencies” at Pel-Air.

Mr Xenophon headed a Senate committee inquiry into that botched investigation, which led to the federal government last month calling on the ATSB to reopen the investigation.

I also seem to recall a certain DIP statement, that recorded the DIP (on the way up to meeting with former minister Albo) bumping into a certain Mr John Sharp coming out of the lift with a number of files etc. under his arm?? - Hmm definitely have to dig that one out  Wink  

Very much related to the questionable motivation of the REX donation to the Labor party the following email chain was shared by Ziggy:
Quote:Hi All,

See Below.

Our "Seinfeld Parliament" is in Fine Form.

About Nothing...

Pleading for closure, truth, safety & fairness.

Years on, the Shiny Happy People of Parliament are

Content to ignore Serious Aviation Issues.

As I read this today.

I just shake my head in disbelief.

Supposed, well educated Men I left my

Life in. Never thinking for a moment 

That flying regularly around Australia

& the Pacific, I was SAFE.

Apparently NOT.

We all know the History of this Perplexed

continued "under the radar" whispers.

Now, beginning to be Amplified by an Elect-I-on.

So now the Shiny ones, after all these years

allow 30mins for Presentation & 30Mins for Q&A??

One hour.

Insulting to say the least.

The ridiculousness of Politics.

Nothing has changed, except seats.

Dangerous.

I'm with you all.

More time needed.

Absolutely.

Fawcett or X needed.

Oath.

KCy

From the bottom the Ziggy FOI request rejection, from former minister Albo's office.. Wink  

Quote:Dear Ms Casey

Decision on access - FOI MO 13-01 – Audit report into Pel Air Aircraft VH-NGA

I refer to your request for access to documents in the possession of the Office of the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982
(the FOI Act). 

Your request sought access to:                                                                                                                 

An Audit Report of Pel Air Aircraft VH-NGA prepared by CASA

A statement of reasons is attached. The original will be posted to you.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the processing of your request. I can be reached by telephone on (02) 6274 6495 (or through the Department’s switchboard number on 1800 075 001) or by email at FOI@infrastructure.gov.au.

To assist the Department in responding to your future communication on this request, please quote the FOI tracking number located in the subject line.

Regards,
Rochelle Griffith
Governance, Planning and Reporting Section
Governance and Reporting Branch | Corporate Services Division
Department of Infrastructure and Transport
( (02) 6274 6495

Next Ziggy's request for review:
Quote:Dear Ms Debra Chesters,

As you know I have already submitted a request dated august 8th 2012 regarding the special CASA audit on VH-NGA Pel-Air. This was rejected hence why I have decided to pursue the next option of requesting a more senior investigative option. I thank you for your work, the search and the prompt reply.

Please pass on the below email to the appropriate person.

I, Karen casey request an internal review from the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure regarding the ditching of VH-NGA Pel-Air on November, 18, 2012.

I understand a thorough search was made recently and the document mentioned was not found.

I don NOT understand how our Minister of TRANSPORT would not have this document in his possession as it was a serious incident.

Just because there was no loss of life, does not warrant a head turn of ignorance. We fought every second to stay alive, from mpact to the ninety minutes in shark infested water fighting to breath. I want answers, truthful answers and an explanation as to why he has not received the documents. It is close to three years. Stop treating us as fools. 

I may not have died, but living with excruciating physical pain and psychological problems are intolerable. I deserve the truth from my government. No more lies.

Many lessons can be learnt from this incident, but it seems, from my view that ego and pride trumps the truth. I am extremely disappointed in the conduct of CASA, the Minister, the ATSB and of the operators Pel-Air/Rex.

How can a Minister for transport not have these documents and be acutely aware of the incident. I do not understand. The integrity that is suppose to govern incidents such as this I can not see.

I know there is a copy of the report on the ABC website. I want it from my Minister office, it has to be there.

I have not watched the ABC program as my mind is not yet ready to see a re-enactment nor hear the absolute lies that come out of our aviation leaders mouth.

I believe if action is not taken towards our aviation watchdogs and investigators, my fear is that a devastating air disaster of greater magnitude will occur in this country. This will be on your hands. This would be caused through lack of professional oversight of robust policies and procedures with regular performance management. Not for large airlines only, but for our smaller aviation business, human lives involved here too.

Airwork involves professional people dedicated to helping/rescuing others in distress or acutely ill.

We deserve the same respect and protection.

There is also the very clear element of the law of gravity, a law of the universe. Aviation needs to be completely independent from our grounded incidents. Specialised, qualified and experienced individuals need to be totally dedicated to aviation to keep our skies safe from the law of gravity that can not be broken. Please think about this.

I am experiencing the consequences of NGA, I would not wish it upon my worst enemy.
Isn't it time our Minister made changes.

Please pass this onto Prime Minister Julia Gillard, she needs to know, she flies regularly.

Regards,

Next the reply to that 30 days later.. Dodgy

I refer to your email below and request for internal review of the recent FOI access decision of the Office for the Minister of Infrastructure and Transport.  Please see attached the completed review request.

Kind regards
Allison Kenna
FOI Coordinator
Governance, Planning and Reporting
& the inevitable Ziggy reply:
Quote: Dear Mr Albanese,

Why do you not have a copy of the audit from CASA regarding the ditching of VH-NGA?
I would think being a Transport Minister that you would have copies of such serious incidents in the form of report, especially considering that we were travelling through International air-space. Please answer that question too.

Kind Regards,
Karen Casey.

TBC..

The questions that Ziggy asked back then were IMO fair & reasonable, why would the former minister Albanese deny having access or reject the proposition of being able to obtain a copy of the December 2009 CASA 'Special Audit Report' of PelAir? Could it be that that by then Albo had already reached some formal agreement to O&O the ATSB PelAir investigation in lieu of the REX 250K political donation? One thing is for sure Albo definitely has held 'MUM' on making any comments, responses to the Senate PelAir cover-up inquiry findings. Maybe that's what the 250K was for i.e. to buy his silence??

Makes you wonder about the former minister for no-aviation Albo's opposition to the original Senator Xenophon motion for inquiry. 

[Image: Dolan-TB.jpg]

Kind of ironic how Dolan was more than happy to participate in & engage with the good Senator in regards to his inquiries on the PelAir cover-up final report. Big Grin

MTF...P2 Cool

(04-26-2016, 09:53 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  Cost of Albo's silence??

Quote:INDEPENDENT senator Nick Xenophon has called large political donations by listed regional airline Rex “incredibly baffling” and said he would be buying shares in the company so he could press board members on why the donations were made.

Mr Xenophon, who led a Senate committee inquiry into much criticised government investigation into the crash of a Rex-owned passenger plane off Norfolk Island, said the airline had an “obligation” to disclose why the donations were made.

Between July and November 2012 — amid a three-year inquiry into the Norfolk Island crash — Rex made a $250,000 donation to the ALP, $95,700 to the federal Nationals and $40,000 to the Liberal Party. This made the small airline one of the biggest political donors in the country.

“Rex is a public company and it had an obligation to explain whether even one (word) regarding the crash was spoken with any of the political parties,” Mr Xenophon told The Australian.

“This largesse to political parties is inexplicably baffling and I will be buying some shares in Rex and asking them to explain it.”

Rex spokeswoman Alicia Chapple has declined to respond to repeated questions from The Australian this week regarding the donations and other matters, saying that the airline did “not see the need to devote additional resources to this matter”.

The airline had earlier incorrectly claimed it had made no donations to the LNP; however, when shown otherwise, Ms Chapple said the airline had meant it had made no donations to the Queensland LNP.

Of particular interest was Rex’s $250,000 donation to the federal ALP given the airline was a highly vocal critic of the Labor government.

In 2013 Rex publicly said the ALP was “hellbent” on destroying regional aviation and “along with it pretty much the rest of the economy”.

Mr Xenophon said it appeared to defy reason why Rex would donate heavily to a government it would shortly afterwards describe as “destroying its industry”.

In 2009 a Rex aeroplane — operated under the group’s Pel-Air brand — ditched into the ocean with six passengers on board, badly injuring one.

A lengthy Australian Transport Safety Board investigation blamed the Pel-Air pilot involved in the crash but failed to mention 57 breaches or “serious deficiencies” at Pel-Air.

Mr Xenophon headed a Senate committee inquiry into that botched investigation, which led to the federal government last month calling on the ATSB to reopen the investigation.

Rex has also come under the spotlight after it was last year awarded a series of key Queensland government contracts which had previously been held by Cairns-based rival Skytrans.

For and on behalf of Ziggy - The following is a quote off the Senate Estimates thread:

Quote:Commonwealth legislative provisions relating to oversight of associated entities of political parties

Quote:On 19 April 2016, the following matter was referred to the Finance and Public Administration References Committee for inquiry and report by the 4 May 2016:

Commonwealth legislative provisions relating to oversight of associated entities of political parties, with particular reference to the adequacy of:

1.the funding and disclosure regime relating to annual returns;

2.the powers of the Australian Electoral Commission with respect to supervision of the conduct of, and reporting by, associated entities of political parties; and

3.any related matters; and

2.     That the Senate direct Senator Sinodinos to appear before the committee to answer questions.

The Submission closing date is mid-day, Tuesday 26 April 2016. The reporting date is 4 May 2016.
Probably much to the Ferryman's horror   Big Grin , those ToR got me thinking..thinking..thinking???  Mainly 1. & definitely 3. but also some of 2. maybe??

As most PAIN associates know, PAIN has an extensive file on the PelAir cover-up Senate inquiry, that still gets regular updates and further information added, while we are actively conducting our parallel investigation with the ATSB VH-NGA re-investigation.

Now part of that file includes volumes of information pertaining to any dodgy or otherwise associations between REX and various political parties &/or government agencies. In particular there was one very murky association and political donation that occurred just prior to the Senate inquiry which began 22nd October 2012:

Quote:“Do you operate or conduct business under any other names?"

Rex made a $250,000 donation to the ALP, $95,700 to the federal Nationals and $40,000 to the Liberal Party. This made the small airline one of the biggest political donors in the country.

&..

Quote:The airline had earlier incorrectly claimed it had made no donations to the LNP; however, when shown otherwise, Ms Chapple said the airline had meant it had made no donations to the Queensland LNP.

I also seem to recall a certain DIP statement, that recorded the DIP (on the way up to meeting with former minister Albo) bumping into a certain Mr John Sharp coming out of the lift with a number of files etc. under his arm?? - Hmm definitely have to dig that one out  Wink  

Very much related to the questionable motivation of the REX donation to the Labor party the following email chain was shared by Ziggy:

Quote:Hi All,

See Below.

Our "Seinfeld Parliament" is in Fine Form.

About Nothing...

Pleading for closure, truth, safety & fairness.

Years on, the Shiny Happy People of Parliament are

Content to ignore Serious Aviation Issues.

As I read this today.

I just shake my head in disbelief.

Supposed, well educated Men I left my

Life in. Never thinking for a moment 

That flying regularly around Australia

& the Pacific, I was SAFE.

Apparently NOT.

We all know the History of this Perplexed

continued "under the radar" whispers.

Now, beginning to be Amplified by an Elect-I-on.

So now the Shiny ones, after all these years

allow 30mins for Presentation & 30Mins for Q&A??

One hour.

Insulting to say the least.

The ridiculousness of Politics.

Nothing has changed, except seats.

Dangerous.

I'm with you all.

More time needed.

Absolutely.

Fawcett or X needed.

Oath.

KCy

From the bottom the Ziggy FOI request rejection, from former minister Albo's office.. Wink  

Decision on access - FOI MO 13-01 – Audit report into Pel Air Aircraft VH-NGA

I refer to your request for access to documents in the possession of the Office of the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982
(the FOI Act). 

Your request sought access to:                                                                                                                 

An Audit Report of Pel Air Aircraft VH-NGA prepared by CASA

A statement of reasons is attached. The original will be posted to you.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the processing of your request. I can be reached by telephone on (02) 6274 6495 (or through the Department’s switchboard number on 1800 075 001) or by email at FOI@infrastructure.gov.au.

To assist the Department in responding to your future communication on this request, please quote the FOI tracking number located in the subject line.

Regards,
Rochelle Griffith
Governance, Planning and Reporting Section
Governance and Reporting Branch | Corporate Services Division
( (02) 6274 6495

Next Ziggy's request for review:

Quote:Dear Ms Debra Chesters,

As you know I have already submitted a request dated august 8th 2012 regarding the special CASA audit on VH-NGA Pel-Air. This was rejected hence why I have decided to pursue the next option of requesting a more senior investigative option. I thank you for your work, the search and the prompt reply.

Please pass on the below email to the appropriate person.

I, Karen casey request an internal review from the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure regarding the ditching of VH-NGA Pel-Air on November, 18, 2012.

I understand a thorough search was made recently and the document mentioned was not found.

I don NOT understand how our Minister of TRANSPORT would not have this document in his possession as it was a serious incident.

Just because there was no loss of life, does not warrant a head turn of ignorance. We fought every second to stay alive, from mpact to the ninety minutes in shark infested water fighting to breath. I want answers, truthful answers and an explanation as to why he has not received the documents. It is close to three years. Stop treating us as fools. 

I may not have died, but living with excruciating physical pain and psychological problems are intolerable. I deserve the truth from my government. No more lies.

Many lessons can be learnt from this incident, but it seems, from my view that ego and pride trumps the truth. I am extremely disappointed in the conduct of CASA, the Minister, the ATSB and of the operators Pel-Air/Rex.

How can a Minister for transport not have these documents and be acutely aware of the incident. I do not understand. The integrity that is suppose to govern incidents such as this I can not see.

I know there is a copy of the report on the ABC website. I want it from my Minister office, it has to be there.

I have not watched the ABC program as my mind is not yet ready to see a re-enactment nor hear the absolute lies that come out of our aviation leaders mouth.

I believe if action is not taken towards our aviation watchdogs and investigators, my fear is that a devastating air disaster of greater magnitude will occur in this country. This will be on your hands. This would be caused through lack of professional oversight of robust policies and procedures with regular performance management. Not for large airlines only, but for our smaller aviation business, human lives involved here too.

Airwork involves professional people dedicated to helping/rescuing others in distress or acutely ill.

We deserve the same respect and protection.

There is also the very clear element of the law of gravity, a law of the universe. Aviation needs to be completely independent from our grounded incidents. Specialised, qualified and experienced individuals need to be totally dedicated to aviation to keep our skies safe from the law of gravity that can not be broken. Please think about this.

I am experiencing the consequences of NGA, I would not wish it upon my worst enemy.
Isn't it time our Minister made changes.

Please pass this onto Prime Minister Julia Gillard, she needs to know, she flies regularly.

Regards,

Next the reply to that 30 days later.. Dodgy

I refer to your email below and request for internal review of the recent FOI access decision of the Office for the Minister of Infrastructure and Transport.  Please see attached the completed review request.

Kind regards
Allison Kenna
FOI Coordinator
Governance, Planning and Reporting
& the inevitable Ziggy reply:

Why do you not have a copy of the audit from CASA regarding the ditching of VH-NGA?
I would think being a Transport Minister that you would have copies of such serious incidents in the form of report, especially considering that we were travelling through International air-space. Please answer that question too.

Kind Regards,
Karen Casey.

TBC..

The questions that Ziggy asked back then were IMO fair & reasonable, why would the former minister Albanese deny having access or reject the proposition of being able to obtain a copy of the December 2009 CASA 'Special Audit Report' of PelAir? Could it be that that by then Albo had already reached some formal agreement to O&O the ATSB PelAir investigation in lieu of the REX 250K political donation? One thing is for sure Albo definitely has held 'MUM' on making any comments, responses to the Senate PelAir cover-up inquiry findings. Maybe that's what the 250K was for i.e. to buy his silence??

Makes you wonder about the former minister for no-aviation Albo's opposition to the original Senator Xenophon motion for inquiry. 

Kind of ironic how Dolan was more than happy to participate in & engage with the good Senator in regards to his inquiries on the PelAir cover-up final report. Big Grin

MTF...P2 Cool

The Bold & The Beautiful Continuum

It's seems to be that Politans are more interested in their drive to their own agenda of self gain/votes/selfie pics.

An obvious statement, perhaps, but to actually witness with my own eyes, the many serious, unanswered questions and complete ignorance from a well informed Minister of Transport, is unacceptable.

Tamworth:

The "Band-Aid" effect of the Aviation Portfolio, has manifested into a wound that is very deep.

Offshore maintenance, Aviation Regulations, to steep in cost to keep a Small Aviation Business in the Air.

Monopolies have been well established.

The reason I spoke of the Political Donations regarding the Pel-Air Matter was to highlight that:

*How could a Small Aviation Business survive against Larger Aviation Business that can Donate to Parties? Without any investigation to the questionable absence of donations for many years, then the convenient timing around the Senate.

*Small Aviation Business or Aircraft Owners are not privilege to "Political Contacts" to influence with the sweetener of Money.

*Correctly said by Jeff Boyd. Yes the "Band-Aid" effect is not working.

*Owners of Aircraft are struggling due to Regulations scripted by UNQUALIFIED people with Law Degrees and/or Institutionlised Minds. 

Which makes me wonder...
IF...the Pel-Air disgrace was managed correctly and swiftly by Honest, Qualified Investigators and a DAS that gave a shit, would the reactive band-AIDS have been rushed into play?

So, how can Pel-Air get away with what they have? Would a smaller Business?
I doubt it. Not with 57 breaches at the time of the ditching.
Money. Money. Money.

Australian Aviation is being Monopolised by Off-Shore Investors with the intent of ruining the livlihood of an Industry which is a massive clog in the wheel of Australian Productivity. 
Take this away from hard working, passionate aviators?

Fair, how can that be?

Sell it all to off-shore investors, a crime to the hard workers of this Great Land.

The chain-Reaction, not pro-active, of the hurried new policies implemented to the Industry has resulted in the rapid the meltdown.

Is this a direct result of the Governmental embarrassing  Pel-Air cover-up?

Hurried policies, ignorant Ministers and Beauracrats practicing "their laws". Rather than real experts, a robust, prompt real report many years ago with sensible outcomes.

The scabs under the Band-Aids are coming off and the Political BS is being exposed.

Those with money or friends in power,  who sit behind a desk, seem to be advantageous than those who actually work long hours to feed their families.

Nick X, you most certainly have my vote as it seems he is one of the last Honest Politicians really aiming for fairness in Australia.

I really hope that change is made, and quickly, by actual experts, not MrDak lawyer style. Dangerous Practice from a Government Body. 

My thoughts are with all the passionate aviators who just want a fair go and to see their industry flourish without all the unnecessary costs.

And the Government wonder why the quality of skills are diminishing here and jobs are disappearing.

Keep Australians working by keeping manufacturing here.

Looking forward to hearing good news soon for GA & RA Aviation.

Warm thoughts to the people that have felt the ice-cold responses from their Ministers and other Aviation Bodies that have hindered progress, over many, many years.

Ziggy  Heart

Attached Files
.jpeg image.jpeg Size: 79.34 KB  Downloads: 4

(05-01-2016, 11:37 AM)Peetwo Wrote:  
(04-26-2016, 09:53 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  Cost of Albo's silence??

Quote:INDEPENDENT senator Nick Xenophon has called large political donations by listed regional airline Rex “incredibly baffling” and said he would be buying shares in the company so he could press board members on why the donations were made.

Mr Xenophon, who led a Senate committee inquiry into much criticised government investigation into the crash of a Rex-owned passenger plane off Norfolk Island, said the airline had an “obligation” to disclose why the donations were made.

Between July and November 2012 — amid a three-year inquiry into the Norfolk Island crash — Rex made a $250,000 donation to the ALP, $95,700 to the federal Nationals and $40,000 to the Liberal Party. This made the small airline one of the biggest political donors in the country.

..Of particular interest was Rex’s $250,000 donation to the federal ALP given the airline was a highly vocal critic of the Labor government.

Mr Xenophon headed a Senate committee inquiry into that botched investigation, which led to the federal government last month calling on the ATSB to reopen the investigation...

Quote:I also seem to recall a certain DIP statement, that recorded the DIP (on the way up to meeting with former minister Albo) bumping into a certain Mr John Sharp coming out of the lift with a number of files etc. under his arm?? - Hmm definitely have to dig that one out  Wink  

Kind Regards,
Karen Casey.

TBC..

Timeline of incredulity - Dodgy

How can it be that REX as an independent commercial Aviation company, that prior to 2012 had shunned any association with the ALP, suddenly decide in 2012 to make it's largest political donation ever & since?

From REX Media Release Archive:

Quote:11 JULY 2011

MEDIA RELEASE

GOVERNMENT MEASURES WILL DECIMATE REGIONAL AIR SERVICES

Regional Express (Rex) today expressed its strong disappointment at the recently announced carbon tax on regional air services.

Rex Chief Operating Officer, Chris Hine, said that regional air services are facing an avalanche of adverse government measures of which the carbon tax is the latest. In addition to the carbon tax those already recently announced by the Federal Government include:

? removal of the en-route rebate scheme for regional airlines

? additional fuel excise to increase funding to CASA

? increased security screening at regional ports

"The combined effect of these measures on Rex alone would equate to at least $6m per annum." Mr Hine clarified. "Rex has already announced in its release of 1 June 2011 that the outcome of these measures could be the loss of air services to half a dozen marginal regional ports like Taree and Grafton."

"I foresee many regional operators without the financial strength and diversification of the Rex Group being forced out of business once these take effect after 1 July 2012. Those surviving will have to cut back on marginal routes in order to remain in business. This will unfortunately mean that some regional communities will suffer the loss of their essential air services."

"We call on the Federal Government to consult with regional aviation with the hope that the Government will strongly reconsider its position on regional air services before it is too late. Given the extremely fragile state of regional aviation in Australia today, once an operator goes out of business it could become irreversible as the returns are too slim and uncertain to attract new entrants."

Regional Express (Rex) is Australia’s largest independent regional airline operating a fleet of more than 40 Saab 340 aircraft on some 1,300 weekly flights to 35 destinations throughout New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Queensland. The Rex Group comprises Regional Express, air freight and charter operator Pel-Air Aviation and Dubbo-based regional airline Air Link, as well as the pilot academy Australian Airline Pilot Academy.

There was certainly no love lost between REX & the former miniscule for non-aviation Albo:
Quote:
20 JUNE 2011

MEDIA RELEASE

REX CORRECTS MINISTER ALBANESE

Regional Express (Rex) objects to the spurious allegations by the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport, Anthony Albanese, that were made in Parliament on 14 June 2011 as well as to the media on 16 June 2011 (ABC North Coast news).

Rex Executive Chairman Lim Kim Hai clarified, "The Minister has publicly levelled several false accusations against Rex and it behoves the Rex Board to set the public record straight for the benefit of its stakeholders and public."

Rex lays out the facts:

Anthony Albanese (AA): "Rex has not sought a discussion with me over any of these issues" (Hansard recordings of House of Representative proceedings 14 June 2011, page 130)

Facts: Rex has made several approaches to the Minister’s Office and to the Department of Infrastructure and Transport and has repeatedly expressed its concerns over these issues (including the en-route scheme). Rex also specifically highlighted its concern over regional aviation issues, including the en route scheme, in its submission to the Minister’s aviation green paper in February 2009. More recently Rex has met with the Minister and his Department as follows:

- 17 Feb 2010 - The Rex Deputy Chairman, Managing Director and Senior Management travelled to Canberra to meet Mr. Mike Mrdak, Secretary of the Department, to brief the Department on Rex's concerns. Mr Mrdak was unable to attend at the last minute and designated the Deputy Secretary, Mr. Andrew Wilson, for the meeting. At this meeting several regional aviation issues were raised including specifically the en-route scheme.

- 9 Feb 2011 - The Rex Deputy Chairman and Managing Director met with Moksha Watts, the Aviation Advisor to Minister Albanese, and Mr. Andrew Wilson at the Minister's office in Parliament House. A complete briefing on the threats to regional aviation was given and the presentation material was left with the Minister’s aviation advisor. The Minister was present briefly but did not participate in the briefing due to other commitments.

- 15 Feb 2011 - the Australian Aviation Associations Forum (TAAAF), of which Rex is a member, met with Mr. Mike Mrdak and briefed him on aviation issues of industry concern including the en-route rebate scheme.

- May 2011 - the Regional Aviation Association of Australia (RAAA), where Rex holds a Vice Chairman’s position, met recently with Moksha Watts to again brief her on the en-route scheme.
Jump then to 2012 (the 250K donation year) and the release of the ATSB PelAir cover-up final report:
Quote:3 SEPTEMBER 2012

MEDIA RELEASE

ATSB REPORT ON NORFOLK ISLAND DITCHING

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has released its Final Report on the investigation of the ditching of the Westwind aircraft off Norfolk Island in November 2009 and Pel-Air accepts all the findings of the report.

Pel-Air notes that the ATSB has found that Company procedures and flight planning guidance managed risk consistent with regulatory provisions.

The ATSB has concluded that at the time of flight planning, there were no weather or other requirements that required the nomination of an alternate aerodrome, or the carriage of additional fuel to reach an alternate. Furthermore, the ATSB has found that the aircraft carried sufficient fuel for the flight in the case of normal operations.

The opportunities for improvement identified by the Company and documented in the ATSB report have all been implemented.

Pel-Air Media Contact: Corporate Communications – +61 402 438 361
Not long after Albo's senior adviser emailed Beaker & McComic, to which Beaker replied:
 Then less than 5 months later it is back to the status quo:
Quote:27 FEBRUARY 2013

MEDIA RELEASE

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT POLICIES DECIMATING REGIONAL AVIATION

The Regional Express (Rex) Group today announced its first half FY12/13 results with Profit Before Tax of $12.5 million on a turnover of $135 million.

Commenting on the results, Rex Executive Chairman Lim Kim Hai said that as foreshadowed in the profit warning issued at the AGM on 27 November 2012, the Group’s Profit Before Tax for the period slumped by 32.6% to $12.5 million.

"From the very first month of this FY, we are seeing the catastrophic impact the various draconian government polices are having on regional aviation. Not only have policies like the Carbon Tax increased cost significantly, there has also been a significant drop in passenger numbers due to government policies exacerbating the effects of a fragile global economy."

"Regional aviation has been hit particularly hard. Besides the Carbon tax and consistently high fuel prices, it was also the target of an onslaught of government fiscal and regulatory measures which resulted in the steep decline in the results we see today."

"Many regional carriers are now struggling for survival. If the government does not reverse tack very soon, we will see irreversible damage being inflicted by the destructive policies that they have adopted. "

"Rex will work with the Regional Airline Association of Australia (RAAA) to define critical policy measures that need to be adopted to rescue regional aviation. We will call on both the government and the opposition to state their position on these matters prior to the next election"

With high fuel prices, government imposed costs and slowing passenger demand, Rex is expecting a further degradation of results in the second half of FY12/13. The profit guidance for the full year has been revised downwards to 35-40% below the previous FY.

Regional Express (Rex) is Australia’s largest independent regional airline operating a fleet of more than 40 Saab 340 aircraft on some 1,300 weekly flights to 35 destinations throughout New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Queensland. The Rex Group comprises Regional Express, air freight and charter operator Pel-Air Aviation and Dubbo-based regional airline Air Link, as well as the pilot academy Australian Airline Pilot Academy.

Rex Media Contact: Corporate Communications - +61 402 438 361

Finally prior to the 2013 election:
Quote:3 SEPTEMBER 2013

MEDIA RELEASE

REX WELCOMES COALITION’S POLICY FOR AVIATION

Regional Express (Rex) welcomes the Plan for Aviation (reproduced below) released by the Leader of the Nationals and Shadow Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Warren Truss on 30 August 2013, and urges Labor to similarly state its position before the election.

Lim Kim Hai, Rex’s Executive Chairman said, “The Coalition’s Policy addresses critical areas that have been devastating to aviation, especially in the regional aviation sector, and responds to some issues raised in the aviation policy papers presented by the Regional Aviation Association of Australia, The Australian Aviation Associations’ Forum, and Rex over the last two years.”

“Aviation has been decimated by bad policies and neglect for the best part of the last decade and today it is on its knees with Virgin Australia, Tiger and the Qantas Group all bleeding heavily and in a dangerous tailspin. If Mr Truss gets into government I trust that he will keep his election promises and faithfully carry out the agenda set out in his Aviation Policy. Regional aviation has suffered too much in recent times from broken promises and neglect and deserves better going forward.”

Rex Media Contact: Corporate Communications – +61 402 438 361
I guess by then the 250K donation obligations for Albo & the ALP had expired and it was back to Albo's contempt for the aviation industry (as per normal)... Dodgy
MTF...P2 Tongue
Ps I don't think Albo ever took up the REX challenge, and much like this election I don't think Labor ever, as such, published or supported an aviation policy?? - Oh that's right Albo always backed his Great White Elephant paper - wonder if he will still point to that load of bollocks in this election?? Dodgy

Quote:Money and Influence
By Quentin McDermott, Peter Cronau, Shaun Hoyt
Updated May 24, 2016 10:21:00
[Image: 7429768-3x2-340x227.jpg]
Money and Influence (Greg Nelson ABC)
Monday 23 May 2016

Money and Influence: the shadowy world of political donations.

"We have a system where giving money can influence outcomes and that's a soft form of corruption."

As we head into the third week of the election campaign, Four Corners investigates just how transparent the political parties really are when it comes to revealing who their donors are and what is expected in return.

"What's at stake is simply the quality of our democracy and the ability of people to have faith in their political institutions."

It's a world that operates far from public view with a patchwork of donation laws around the country. A variety of methods are used to keep the identities of donors secret, leaving voters hard pressed to find out just who is funding whom.

"Those sort of enterprises are very useful to people because they enable money to be channelled into political interests without full disclosure and in circumstances where the public can't clearly see that there may be an outcome by virtue of those donations."

Reporter Quentin McDermott, talks to influential figures operating in this world, who speak candidly about their experiences.

"I've spent a significant part of my life raising money in this way...(It) will always be a serious accident waiting to happen." Fundraiser

"I think we were fairly standard in terms of organisations that were seeking to curry favour with our political masters...I think it was fairly plain that that bought access." Donor

"I don't think he gave out of the goodness of his heart, that's for certain." Politician

And in an exclusive interview with Four Corners, the regulator withholding more than $4 million dollars of funding destined for the Liberal party breaks his silence.

Show transcript

Show background information
 Basically put when it comes to the murky world of political donations and the spectre of 'soft corruption', they are all at it... Dodgy

Coming back to the bizarre REX 250K donation to the federal ALP, when REX repeatedly made claims of a deep loathing of the Labor party and it's former miniscule for non-aviation Albanese, I came across another interesting tit-bit some 6 months after the VH-NGA ditching at Norfolk Island. In reference to this link - HERE - of the official opening of the REX affiliated AAPA (Australian Airline Pilot Academy) on the 27 May 2010.

Take note slide one.. Rolleyes

[Image: 2.jpg]

{ P2 comment: Why does that date ring a bell??}

Next slide, Albo rubbing shoulders with those damn Tories Big Grin :

[Image: 4.jpg]

Next slide Albo giving the thumbs up.. Shy :

[Image: 11.jpg]

And Albo on the official opening plaque Wink :

[Image: 13.jpg]

All very interesting, totally smacks of cronyism but are REX simply doing what most successful businesses would do in their position, i.e. seeking political favour? 

Hmm...I suddenly remembered why that date rings a bell... Undecided

From the 2nd supplementary submission by CASA to the Senate PelAir cover-up inquiry, Albo's anointed one, McComic attempted to throw the Murky handpicked Muppet Beaker under the bus (note the date): 

[Image: McComic-Dolan-under-bus.jpg]
Coincidence maybe but what would the chances be that Albo & Sharpie, the very next day, would not have discussed the potential PR disaster if the so called independent ATSB were to point out systemic failures from both the operator & the regulator in their final report?? Dodgy

Two years later REX was to give the highest political donation in their history (250K), not to the Nationals but to the ALP??  Yeah right - BOLLOCKS! Angry

MTF...P2 Tongue

In the Supreme Court of Appeal;  21&22nd Nov.

In the Supreme Court of Appeal, between Nov 21 – 22 will stand Karen Casey. A staggering seven years have passed since the ditching of her aircraft, at sea. This singular event has been examined and dissected through:-

•  CASA Special Audit.
•  Chambers Report
•  ATSB First Investigative Report.
•  NTSB Canadian Report.
•  Senate Inquiry and Recommendations.
•  ASRR.
•  Current Second ATSB Investigation.

The results have been less than satisfactory, ‘Zero outcome’ is probably a better descriptor.  This sorry indictment has dragged on through a change of Australia’s government; a change of the ATSB head and through two previous heads of the CASA. Despite the efforts of several Senators and a minister, nothing of any consequence has changed. Although there was hope of questions, which demanded answers, being asked of ATSB last Estimates; Sen. Cameron expected to start proceedings – however – ATSB slipped through the net.

The ‘second’ report into the incident has been tarnished by the actions and attitude of certain ATSB officers; which, stand alone, without the ‘second’ report, should be enough to provoke a second Senate inquiry. But to delay the report until after the Casey appearance at the court of appeal is despicable. The report itself may be of no benefit to Karen now; probably would not even be admitted into evidence – it could however; if it were 'honestly done' provide her counsel with data to support argument.

To me, the truly disgusting thing is that CASA walk away from their despicable behaviour Scot free, well paid, well fed, happy within their sheltered workshop, supported by government. With the full knowledge that their lives will remain secure, comfortable and trouble free; with an unlimited amount of ‘get-out-of goal-free cards’. Make no mistake, the CASA can, does and will in the future continue to enjoy being fully unaccountable to the parliament, the  law, man; or, the gods themselves.

To me, the truly disgusting thing is that ATSB walk away from their despicable behaviour Scot free, well paid, well fed, happy within their sheltered workshop, supported by government. With the full knowledge that their lives will remain secure, comfortable and trouble free; with an unlimited amount of ‘get-out-of goal-free cards’. Make no mistake, the ATSB can, does and will in the future continue to enjoy being fully unaccountable to the parliament, the law, man; or, the gods themselves.

Karen Casey has non of these advantages; injured, in constant pain, unwell and unable, no matter how willing, to support herself. From proud, independent, life loving flight nurse to ‘dependent’ and left to fight the might of these agencies and the 'insurers' alone; to Australia’s everlasting shame..

No matter; there’s little I can do or say which will make a difference – hells bells, the bloody minister and the Senate combined failed to dent the monolith. But it intrigues me that a government operation can tell a minister, a Senate committee, three inquiries and an industry to Fuck off – and get away with it. Makes a hellish statement on the state of a nation, a mockery of parliament and beggars the constitution. Abandon all hope of whatsisname fixing it all up, spoiling the manicure with dirty hands or disturbing the immaculate hair-do with concern for one helpless individual.

Aye well; we can wish Karen all the best in 10 days time; which is, by the by, of neither intrinsic or practical value.    

Selah.

Update to KazCasey case: Via the other Aunty

Quote:Pel-Air Aviation appeals nurse's $5 million crash PTSD compensation
By court reporter Karl Hoerr
Posted about 4 hours agoMon 21 Nov 2016, 5:16pm

[Image: 6339300-3x2-340x227.jpg]

Photo:
Pel-Air crash survivor Karen Casey said she has disturbed sleep, flashbacks, and fears flying. (Four Corners)

A Sydney airline is appealing an order to compensate nurse Karen Casey millions of dollars after she developed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following a 2009 plane crash.

Ms Casey, 46, was on board a medevac flight when it ditched into the ocean near Norfolk Island in November 2009.

It was transporting an injured patient and her husband from Samoa to Melbourne at the time.

All six people on board survived the crash and were rescued after about 90 minutes in rough seas at night time.

The flight's operator, Pel-Air Aviation, accepted liability for her physical injuries but a NSW Supreme Court judge last year found her PTSD was a "bodily injury", under the Montreal Convention, which governs air crash compensation around the world.
PTSD was therefore found to be compensable, under the convention.

The mother of three was awarded close to $4.9 million.

Airline's lawyers say PTSD is not a bodily injury

Lawyers for Pel-Air have told an appeal hearing, the evidence did not support the findings made by the judge.

According to the original decision, Ms Casey's PTSD "involved an injury to her brain and other parts of her body involved in normal brain function".

Pel-Air argues Justice Monika Schmidt erred in her ruling, because she "did not correctly apply decisions" handed down here and overseas.

The company's appeal submissions also state that Justice Schmidt "misapprehended the expert medical evidence going to the issue".

Four Corners: Crash landing
[Image: generated-image-of-plane-ditching-in-ocean-data.jpg]

In 2012, Four Corners talked to the people on board and those involved in the flight, investigating what really happened that fateful night.

The court heard there have been differing views about the issue in courts in the United Kingdom, but rulings in the United States have been consistent.

Pel-Air's barrister Julian Sexton SC said use of the word "bodily" in the convention, shows that not everything was intended to be classified as an injury.

One of the American judgments refers to "palpable to conspicuous physical injury".
Mr Sexton said the US cases "properly interpret Article 17 (of the convention)".

He told the court, the suggestion in the original judgment that Ms Casey has suffered "organic damage" to her brain, was wrong.

"The expert evidence simply does not support that finding," Mr Sexton said.

'Combined' psychiatric and physical disabilities enough: lawyers

Ms Casey's damages included past economic losses, on the basis that she will never be able to work again.

Pel-Air is challenging this finding, as well as an order that the financial management of her funds be paid for, to the tune of around $500,000.

In their written response to the appeal, lawyers for Ms Casey said: "The combined effect of the conceded psychiatric conditions combined with the physical disabilities is such that the trial judge's award of damages can be supported even without reference to the condition of post-traumatic stress disorder."

Ms Casey gave evidence before Justice Schmidt of disturbed sleep, flashbacks, a fear of getting out of her car and of flying.

The hearing is expected to last two days

Absolutely fucking disgusting that Kaz Casey is being put into this position of having to defend her right to compensation.. Undecided Especially when the true villain in this is repetitive Federal Governments and their severely flawed self-serving, self-preserving aviation safety agencies and Murky's department - UFB & UF-forgivable IMO... Dodgy

MTF...P2 Angry

Standby for incoming missiles

Fucking Government parasites. This woman, an innocent woman, who as a nurse has spent her years helping others, was injured both physically, mentally and permanently as a result of this accident that was no doing of her own. To say that her 'mental injuries' are not 'bodily' is a complete load of shit. $5m to compensate for the past 8 years and the for the next 24 years is nothing. Oh sure, Politicans with their obscene salaries and crooked deals will make that in a couple of years, but not a hard work underpaid shift working nurse like Karen. Hell she should get $5m just for having to work for that fucked up airline in the first place!

Governments are the most vile, disgusting abberation to be thrust upon mankind next to paedophiles and serial rapists. Absolutely morally corrupt vermin that would rather douse $5m in petrol and light it than see an innocent constituent treated and compensated fairly.

To all the Pollies, cronies, spin doctors, bureaucrats, Beaks, barristers, lawyers, advisors, accounts, and any other associated dross - F..k you all. FFS, open the cheque book, pay the girl what is rightfully hers and let her get on with her life as best she can!!!!!

Precedent and Judges.

Google “stare decisis”

"1- the legal principle of determining points in litigation according to precedent.
"a doctrine of stare decisis"

And the reason for the huge, expensive appeal become crystal clear. Then, consider carefully the remarks of Justice Monika Schmidt which allowed Pel-Air legal team to argue “erred in her ruling”.  In short, the door was left open for an appeal, enter the dragon.

Once, I heard a judge wrap up a case, where the chance of ‘appeal’ was very real. The closing remarks were lengthy as this wily gentleman carefully, but oh so thoroughly shut out that chance. It was IMO a brilliant piece of work and a valuable lesson to me at least on ‘how’ the law can work both for and against either side of an argument.

"This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice". ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Toot – fingers crossed – toot.