MH370 - time to think of it as a criminal act

(03-04-2016, 04:48 PM)Thanks Ventus45 for images.Just curious if there was a flight at/or close to this  location at 02:15. Just wondering why http://youtu.be/71VJWs4_YTs this information was given and if genuine error, why?Cheers Joeventus45 Wrote:  Not on home computer.
Up the coast on a very old Dell Latitude C6400 lappy running XP.
Spent the last 2 hrs trying - and finally getting a bloody dongle to work.

Joe, these are the three images you could not see in the PM.

So, a third item shows up back on Reunion and found by the same guy who found the flaperon. One barnicle encrusted and two squeaky clean. Too coincidental. Too convenient. Credibility zero. We are being played by someone.

Duncan Steel's latest.

http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/2261
http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/2251

Ventus;

"So, a third item shows up back on Reunion and found by the same guy who found the flaperon. One barnicle encrusted and two squeaky clean. Too coincidental. Too convenient. Credibility zero. We are being played by someone".

I agree, there are some 'strange' questions relating to these. finds. Found by the the same bloke on more than one occasion? It is possible if he is searching the same areas daily or weekly. But still the coincidence level is extremely high.

The 'clean' debris. Again, somewhat unusual for 2 years floating in sea water, no barnacles and no initial evidence of corrosion. Now perhaps the debris washed up onto a small island not long after the accident, and there it has sat, relatively protected, until a storm event or even small tsunami has washed it back into the ocean where it has been found shortly afterwards. It is possible, but again very very unlikely.

As with all accidents, they often have their own 'personality' and often don't play by the rule books so to speak, but there are many many more questions than answers regarding MH370. And the wreckage found this far isn't helping to solve the mystery.

Then again, Martin the Magnificent may come out with some new enlightening insight as to what he believes happened.
I can see MrDaks poodle now, stroking his beard, eyes bulging and head wobbling around like an old woman's tits, mi mi mi-ing as his bald head shines in front of the TV cameras!

Lights....action....Beaker

You know; I plough through these posts, diligently following the math (poor old wooden head); consider the possibilities, probabilities and even some of the slightly ‘off-beat’ stuff which, from time to time , pops up in the media.  But I always come up with the same conclusions; the science boffins have their own talismans they cling to, the operational wizards clutch their version of ‘logic’ and the rest, like converts after an epiphany believe, ardently their version of whether it’s the gourd or the sandal. Bravo and well done all.

But, it’s time the ‘criminal’ question was answered; for real.  Just who are the criminals involved?  Lots of options, many questions but I firmly believe that if 370 is to be found, the answers are on the ground.  Someone, somewhere, somehow knows where the aircraft rests.   Daily bombardments of ‘logic’ and Bayesian math, drift patterns, bits found, the endless daily round and round have achieved very little, except feed a mindless media. 

There are real options for this being a criminal act; there are even several choices for ‘perp’. There are even a few bloody good motives.  Thing that troubles me is not the where; but the who and the why. Find out who and why, the where becomes academic.  Too much energy spent on speculation and calculation for mine.

We need to know WHO dunnit, this can be determined from a logical assessment of the reasons why.  Anything else is pure entertainment of ego fodder.  Even so; I shall  (as penance) continue, with jaundiced eye and jaded appetite, to read and consider the offerings.

That’s my two bob spent as pleased me best.

Tom: 
FREESCALE SEMICONDUCTOR

I’m voting with TOM on this one.  Too much theory, intellectual willy waving and chest beating for a working man.  Quite apart from being tedious, the debate has proven to be unproductive in terms of finding the aircraft.  No one it seems has the first blind clue what happened after the pre IGARI hand off; not for certain sure.  The very few real clues and facts are subject to speculation and even in doubt.  

To make an aircraft disappear, almost without trace is a tall order.  The notion that one person, acting alone could have managed to beat the safety network, disable the aircraft systems and side step radar coverage, in this day and age of paranoia is risible.  The notion of a well oiled ‘team’ carefully planning and executing this disappearance has merit.

We hear little about who and even less about why.  Many strange ‘kinks’ in the tale have not been explained satisfactorily.  Short of ET grabbing the aircraft the most sensible idea is that this was a carefully planned, cleverly executed team operation; the aftermath brilliantly managed by experts.

Someone, somewhere knows exactly what happened and as time slowly ticks away with waning public interest that person has been gifted time, to bury the whole thing in a deep and dark place.  

Criminal act, most certainly but just who are the criminals?  More ground investigation required, much more, before the reset button is pushed at the psychological full stop of ‘search over’.  

Toot toot

Did MH-370 ever fly west of Igari ?
Some say not.
Did MH-370 ever fly south of the equator ?
Some say not.

The official story is that it did, that it crashed in a high speed dive, on or near, the famous 7th arc, in the SIO.

If the official story is the true story, prove it !!

How ?
Simple.

If the official story is the true story, there must be heaps of debris - somewhere !

Where ?
After two years, in the famous Indian Ocean Garbage Patch.

How to ?
It should be easy enough to find the current position of the famous Indian Ocean Garbage Patch.
Then just put a few fishing trawlers into it, put out the nets, and collect heaps of garbage.
Have an old freighter as a mother ship, hoist the net loads on board into the holds, and when full, return to Fremantle, unload, and sort it, piece by piece, by hand.
Repeat as many times as necessary.

Nothing from MH-370 ?
Then the official story is bullshit.

The second aniversary of the loss of MH-370 is today.
It is also the second aniversary of the greatest mult-national deception of the public in history.
The second annual ICAO-Annex 13 update is due to be published by the Malaysian Government this afternoon, in a few hours from now.

It will be interesting to see how the deception is strengthened.

(03-07-2016, 06:07 PM)P7_TOM Wrote:  You know; I plough through these posts, diligently following the math (poor old wooden head); consider the possibilities, probabilities and even some of the slightly ‘off-beat’ stuff which, from time to time , pops up in the media.  But I always come up with the same conclusions; the science boffins have their own talismans they cling to, the operational wizards clutch their version of ‘logic’ and the rest, like converts after an epiphany believe, ardently their version of whether it’s the gourd or the sandal. Bravo and well done all.

But, it’s time the ‘criminal’ question was answered; for real.  Just who are the criminals involved?  Lots of options, many questions but I firmly believe that if 370 is to be found, the answers are on the ground.  Someone, somewhere, somehow knows where the aircraft rests.   Daily bombardments of ‘logic’ and Bayesian math, drift patterns, bits found, the endless daily round and round have achieved very little, except feed a mindless media. 

There are real options for this being a criminal act; there are even several choices for ‘perp’. There are even a few bloody good motives.  Thing that troubles me is not the where; but the who and the why. Find out who and why, the where becomes academic.  Too much energy spent on speculation and calculation for mine.

We need to know WHO dunnit, this can be determined from a logical assessment of the reasons why.  Anything else is pure entertainment of ego fodder.  Even so; I shall  (as penance) continue, with jaundiced eye and jaded appetite, to read and consider the offerings.

That’s my two bob spent as pleased me best.

The Who, What, Why & How, before Where?? 

Continuing along the current theme of this thread and off Ben's previous post on PlaneTalking - see HERE -  this time on Crikey Ben actually mentions the "C" word Rolleyes :

Quote:MH370 conspiracy likely goes all the way to the top

Ben Sandilands | Mar 08, 2016 12:51PM |

It is very likely that Malaysia Airlines and the Malaysian government knew much more than they are saying on that fateful night in 2014.

As a third piece of debris said to be from doomed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been found on La Reunion Island, it is time to ask what the government of Malaysia knew on the night of March 8, 2014 — exactly two years ago today — and why it acted the way it did.

Logic, and careful consideration of the public record, suggests that the motive for the disappearance of flight MH370 almost two years was known in high places of authority in Malaysia on the night the Boeing 777-200ER took off from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing with 239 people on board.

But why did the plane disappear? And who knew about it?

At the outset, the theories as to what happened to the Malaysia Airlines flight fall into two broad categories.

One category is that a totally unforeseen misadventure overcame the conduct of the flight, which the pilots were unable to deal with, and which was so immediate, catastrophic and comprehensive that no provable record of an emergency call from MH370 has been established.

There are enormous difficulties with that category, given what is known about the diversion of the flight from its intended path while it was over the Gulf of Thailand, but they persist, and however implausible, they cannot be entirely ruled out.

The other category of theory holds on to a common conviction that MH370 was deliberately diverted from its path in an apparently meticulously planned and timed operation by persons unknown, for a purpose unknown, to a destination unknown, after which it intentionally or accidentally switched from a north-westerly or westerly path toward India and central Asia, to one that went south or south-easterly to oblivion in the southern Indian Ocean, west or south-west of Western Australia.

All that is known is that the jet flew for at least seven hours, 38 minutes and that “pings” from an engine maintenance data computer, which had been intentionally disabled but remained on standby mode, were last heard from a southern Indian Ocean place, from where they passed through a communications satellite that had to be about 44 degrees (or so) above the horizon as seen from the 777.

That last ping, part of an emergency rather than standby sequence of signals, was somewhere along the so-called seventh arc of possible locations. It occurred at the time the known fuel load on MH370 should have been exhausted. The block time for MH370 between pushback in KL and terminal pier arrival in Beijing was five hours, 50 minutes, and an endurance of seven hours, 40 minutes was consistent with en-route allowances for diversions, emergencies such as cabin depressurisations, and an arrival carrying no less than minimum legal fuel reserves.

Leaving the ferocious but, alas, often ignorant technical discussion of what these “pings” meant, the issues as to what occurred in Kuala Lumpur before, during and immediately after the flight took place merit continued consideration.

No one is entitled to claim they know categorically and in detail what exactly happened — and how and why — to MH370 and the souls on board.

On the available evidence mainly from the interim International Civil Aviation Organization accident report eventually released on May 1, 2014, we learn that hardly any efforts were made to contact the crew by cockpit satellite phone after the air traffic control transponder on the jet ceased functioning 39 minutes after takeoff.

There were attempted radio communications, and there is one unverified report of a mumbling response — possibly from MH370 — but actual ground-to-cockpit satellite phone calls, without using other jets as intermediaries, are inexplicably few.

They followed that moment when the jet, briefly in the no-man’s land between the air traffic control (ATC) zones of Malaysia and Vietnam, abruptly stopped being a transponder-identified flight. MH370 diverted westwards and was picked up as an unidentified object by military radars, although that was not made clear until some days later, after an extraordinary episode of disclosures and denials by various sources.

The seeming indifference of Malaysia Airlines and the KL authorities to the disappearance on ATC screens of an airliner with 239 people onboard is perplexing to say the least. In the words of a major airline’s emergency responders, “we would have hit all the buttons until our fingertips bled”.

There is no evidence that Malaysia Airlines or anyone in authority called every ship under or near the flight path of MH370. There were no calls to kampongs, police outposts, resorts, or any centre of activity, where something like a sudden explosion or fireball in the sky might have been noticed.

Malaysia Airlines does not appear to have considered casting a wide net. It didn’t even activate the Kuala Lumpur Aeronautical Rescue Co-ordination Centre until the jet was due to have pulled up to the gate in Beijing, five hours and 50 minutes after takeoff, and more than five hours after it was obvious to blind Freddy that something terrible had happened.

Had there been repeated, persistent sat phone calls made, even the act of their ringing out unanswered would have provided more detailed clues as to the direction and potential location of MH370 through the fraught Doppler shift analysis that was to conclude that for much of the remaining flight the 777 flew southerly, away from the trajectory it was taking when said to be last seen on military radar off the coast of southern Thailand.

What did Malaysia Airlines already know at that time, or was it truly indifferent and callous to the overnight loss of an airliner?

There is no modern era loss of an airliner comparable to that of MH370 that elicited so little reaction from an airline or the responsible authorities in the records on various air safety archives. What did KL know?

We did find out, on May 1, 2014, that it knew on March 8 that the jet had diverted across the Malaysia Peninsula. That casual revelation by the-then acting minister for aviation, Hishammuddin Hussein, means that Malaysia deliberately lied to its then-extensive collection of air and sea search partners about what it knew for many days, diluting resources deployed and wasting valuable time.

An incisive factual insight into the inability of KL to come clean with its early-stage search partners is documented in this Wall Street Journal story on March 20, 2014.

The logical implication of the behavior of the airline, civil aviation department, and the government of Malaysia on the night of March 8, 2014, is that they knew of a reason why one of the national carrier’s flights disappeared from the ATC system, and lied about it.
But could other factors be at play? Accountability of authority in Malaysia is less practised than in many other democracies. It could be compared to being like any large corporation with an anal approach to message management, or almost any Western or non-Western government agency, in which nothing that happens is ever confirmed or admitted until the “owners” of the message approve it.

If a threat had been made of a generalised nature to the Malaysia Airlines fleet and had been ignored, the internal motive for retention of that awful and, legally, profoundly damaging information would be very strong.

The secretiveness of KL in the early stages of this saga didn’t really crack until sufficient time had elapsed for large items of floating debris, like bodies, seats, suit cases and maybe even emergency slides had largely joined the marine food chain or sunk, and been increasingly dispersed.

The search for MH370 remains a long way from locating the two bright orange “black box” data and voice recorders, or, perhaps crucially, the phone or tablet memory chips that might provide graphic insights into what happened before their owners were consigned by fate, and evil, to depths where there is no time, no day and no night.

MTF...P2 Wink

An Investigation of a MH370 Hybrid Flight Path
Don Thompson and Richard Godfrey
2016 March 12th
(Preliminary version: subject to revision)

http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/2321

All well and good research and analysis, but what does Super Sleuth Beaker think? Yes Beaker, 'the font of knowledge and wisdom and all things investigative', only he shall be able to solve this complex mystery.

Why start now?

From the MH370 'Less Noise' thread - HERE - I highlighted a quote from the Malaysian Transport Minister:

Quote:Liow said that Malaysia wants to be -"transparent and accountable in our investigation as much as possible, that is why we want (the parts) to be verified in Australia.." 

Not sure about the true veracity of that statement but while Liow is in such a forthcoming mood in the interests of being 'transparent & accountable', perhaps a year on he could consider my opinion comment I made at the bottom of the following post:
(03-17-2015, 06:29 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  Following on from my last post I read a most disturbing story that Nural Izzah has been arrested for sedition on speaking out about her Father's incarceration on what would appear to be trumped up, bogus charges of sodomy. This leaves many commentators suggesting that Malaysia is drifting towards authoritarianism - Malaysia’s Creeping Authoritarianism  

Kind of makes our woes & disillusionment in a disinterested, disassociated government and overruling bureaucracy seem kind of minor in comparison.. Confused  However the calls from Nural Izzah for proper oversight and transparency in the government aviation safety agencies has a fairly familiar ring to it, here was where she backed up those calls in October last year:

Quote:Izzah demands audit reports on air traffic safety

October 27, 2014

She reminds the Transport Minister that she raised the issue of aviation safety before MH370 went missing.

[/url]PETALING JAYA: Lembah Pantai MP

Nurul Izzah Anwar has asked the Transport Ministry to release the results of audits on Malaysia’s air traffic safety systems by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).

In a press release commenting on Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai’s statement about next week’s ICAO meeting in Canada, she expressed “full support” for Liow’s “desire to improve the safety of flights worldwide”. But she said the Malaysian public was “expecting improvement in safety measures on the home front” as well.

She reminded Liow that she had raised the issue of air traffic safety twice, more than a year before Flight MH370 went missing last March 8. The first time she did so was in July 2012 and the second time in September 2012 following a two-hour breakdown of Subang Airport’s radar system.

“I demanded then for Malaysia’s air traffic system to be audited by the ICAO,” she said. “The last ICAO audit had taken place in 2005.”
She noted a statement that Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein made after the MH370 disappearance, in which he claimed to have ordered the Director of Civil Aviation to hold discussions on air traffic safety with stakeholders.

“Hishamuddin also claimed then that ICAO will run a safety audit on KLIA2,” she added. “However, the scope of this audit is as of yet unknown. If these audits have been completed, I ask that the Transport Minister reveal the findings and make steps towards improving the safety of our airspace.

“As per the preliminary report of the MH370 incident, recordings from the military radar showed the possibility of an aircraft similar to MH370 flying west across Peninsular Malaysia. However, questions arising from an unidentified aircraft flying into Malaysian airspace and our corresponding actions have yet to be answered.

“As I have pointed out before, this matter should not be taken lightly as it involves the safety of travelling individuals as well as threats to the national security. It bears reminding that the September 11 attacks in America were performed using commercial jetliners.”

With the release of the recent MH370 1st yr interim report there is now further documented evidence of extreme incompetence in the crucial early SAR phases of MH370 - see Christine Negroni's blogpiece [url=http://christinenegroni.blogspot.jp/2015/03/mh-370-report-on-night-of-errors-raises.html]here
 for a scathing summary of the crucial errors by the Malaysian authorities - with further calls from other Malay MPs for action: 

Quote:We had half an hour to respond but we did nothing – Julian Tan, Steven Sim

Published: 16 March 2015 2:37 PM

First of all, we want to welcome the Ministry of Transport Interim Report on MH370.
The report however, reinforces our call for greater accountability and transparency on the tragedy.

From 1.21 am when MH370 was believed to have taken a u-turn (Air Turn Back) off north-west of Kota Baru in the South China Sea to cross Peninsula Malaysia until it reached south of Penang at around 1.52am, more than half an hour passed.

Within 1.21am to 1.52am, a full 31 minutes, MH370 on a rogue flight path was within our radars, both civil and military! We do not want to speculate, but if actions were taken within that considerably long timeframe it re-crossed Peninsula Malaysia, perhaps we will have a lot more answers today.

It must also be noted that at around 1.39am, Ho Chih Min Air Traffic Centre (HCM ATCC) contacted KL ATCC to inform that no communication was established with MH370 a full 20 minutes after it was supposed to communicate with the plane. At this time, MH370 was estimated to have just re-entered Peninsula Malaysia flying through Kota Baru.

This means, authorities in Malaysia were alerted of a potential crisis on the one hand and the crisis was taking place within our radars on the other hand, and yet, no emergency response was initiated.

One minute is a long time in aviation. Every minute, a plane can have a rate of descent of up to 8,000 feet.

Everyone was furious to read that the KL ATCC supervisor was asleep and had to be woken up by his subordinate at 5.20 am. But the sad truth is, many more people were sleeping, whether their eyes were shut or not, on that fateful day. No one felt it fit to respond to a rogue plane flying for over half an hour across the airspace we control, and even though we were alerted of the crisis by Vietnam!

Breach of Malaysia-Vietnam Operational Agreement

The Interim Report cited the Operational Letter of Agreement between DCA Malaysia and the Vietnam Air Traffic Management which stipulated that “the accepting unit shall notify the transferring unit if two-way communication is not established within five (5) minutes of the estimated time over the TCP (Transfer of Control Point)”

The TCP occured at about 1.19am. However, despite the lost of communication, only at about 1.39am did Ho Chih Min Air Traffic Control Centre (HCM ATCC) contact KL ATCC for the whereabouts of MH370.

Did Ho Chih Min breach this important agreement through its failure to comply with the five minutes timeframe and instead waited until 20 minutes before alerting KL? The communication lodge between HMC ATCC and the KL HTCC even recorded the latter questioning  the former on this five (5) minutes rule.

Once again, one minute is a long time in aviation.

Delay in DETRESFA message

The last communication between KL ATCC and MH370 was at 1.19 am. When the next contact did not happen, a distress message should have been triggered within roughly an hour later. However, the first distress message was released 5 hours and 13 minutes later at 6.32am.
According to the Manual of Air Traffic Services,
“when an aircraft fails to make a position report when it is expected, commence actions not later than the ETA for the reporting point plus 3 minutes and,
(a) the following actions shall be taken:
(ii) Notify the RCC that Uncertainty Phase exist...
(b) full overdue action: not later than 30 minutes after the declaration of the Uncertainty Phase:
(i) Notify the RCC that Alert Phase exists
(ii) notify the RCC that Distress Phase exists if:
– 1 hour has elapsed beyond the last ETA for the destination; or
–  the fuel is considered exhausted; or
– 1 hour has elapsed since the declaration of Uncertainty Phase

In other words, within 3 minutes after 1.19am, the Uncertainty Phase must be declared, triggering all on high alert and by around 2.22am, the Distress Phase should have been declared.

However, no one took any action until 6.32am. Anything could have happened in between.

What’s next after the Interim Report?

The Interim Report alone is obviously not enough to do justice to the victims of the tragedy and their families, as well as to regain the confidence to the aviation industry. The Report highlighted shortcomings, non-compliances and weaknesses of our national airline, our aviation authorities and our military.

What actions are taken to ensure that shortcomings and weaknesses are rectified?
Where is the post mortem report from the military?
Where is the result of police investigation?

The Prime Minister must give a full account on these questions before the end of this Parliamentary sitting. He must emulate his Australian counterpart, Tony Abbot who moved a motion to debate MH370 on March 5, 2015 in the Australian Parliament and gave Opposition Leader equal time to the Prime Minister to debate the said motion. – March 16, 2015.

[i]Note:
Uncertainty phase (INCERFA): a situation wherein uncertainty exists as to the safety of an aircraft and its occupants.
[/i]
Alert phase (ALERFA): A situation wherein uncertainty exists as to the safety of an aircraft and its occupants.
Distress phase (DETRESA): A situation wherein there is a reasonable certainty that an aircraft and its occupants are threatened by grave and imminent danger and require immediate assistance.

*Julian Tan Kok Ping is the MP for Stampin, and Steven Sim Chee Keong is the MP for Bukit Mertajam.
- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sidev...HNjJ2.dpuf

These Malay pollies seem very well briefed and have an above average understanding of the major issues involved in regards to the MH370 disappearance and its greater implications to aviation safety in their country.

What I find passing strange is if these MPs can identify these significant safety issues why then doesn't the JIT promulgate safety recommendations to address these issues? It is quite obvious that even with the proactive action so far on the Preliminary report SR...

"....It is recommended that the International Civil Aviation Organisation examine the safety benefits of introducing a standard for real time tracking of commercial air transport aircraft..."

...that in the case of the Malaysian ATC/SAR authorities it may have made little difference to the bizarre disappearance of MH370, such was the level of incompetence on display that fateful morning March 8th 2014.

Excerpt from Interim report statement:

Quote:8. The Investigation Team is now conducting analysis of the factual information

and is considering the following areas:

8.1 Airworthiness & Maintenance and Aircraft Systems;
8.2 ATC operations from 1719 to 2232 UTC on 7th March 2014 [0119 to
0632 MYT on 8th March 2014];
8.3 Cargo consignment;
8.4 Crew Profile;
8.5 Diversion from Filed Flight Plan route;
8.6 Organisational and Management Information of DCA and MAS; and
8.7 Satellite Communications (SATCOM).

9. Along with these activities, the Investigation Team has also prepared Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) and Checklists for investigation in accordance
with Doc. 9756 AN965 in preparation for the recovery of the aircraft, once it is
located by the search team.

10. In the months ahead, the Investigation Team will need to analyse to draw

conclusions and safety recommendations based on the factual information that

have been gathered. In addition to the analysis and the conclusion phase of the

investigation, steps taken will also include further validation of the factual

information on emergence of new evidence.

11. The Investigation Team expects that further factual information will be available
from the wreckage and flight recorders if the aircraft is found.

Issued by:

The Malaysian ICAO Annex 13 Safety Investigation Team for MH370

8th March 2015

ICAO Annex 13 Ch 6 para 6.6 states...

"..6.6 If the report cannot be made publicly available within twelve months, the State conducting the investigation shall
make an interim statement publicly available on each anniversary of the occurrence, detailing the progress of the investigation
and any safety issues raised..."

and under Safety Recommendations:

Quote:6.8 At any stage of the investigation of an accident or incident, the accident or incident investigation authority of the State
conducting the investigation shall recommend in a dated transmittal correspondence to the appropriate authorities, including
those in other States, any preventive action that it considers necessary to be taken promptly to enhance aviation safety.
Note.— Precedence for the issuance of safety recommendations from an accident or incident investigation should be given to the State conducting the investigation; however, in the interest of safety, other States participating in the investigation may issue safety recommendations after coordinating with the State conducting the investigation.

6.9 A State conducting investigations of accidents or incidents shall address, when appropriate, any safety recommendations arising out of its investigations in a dated transmittal correspondence to the accident investigation authorities of other State(s) concerned and, when ICAO documents are involved, to ICAO.
Note.— When Final Reports contain safety recommendations addressed to ICAO, because ICAO documents are involved,
these reports must be accompanied by a letter outlining the specific action proposed.

Quote:Maybe there is some informal arrangement within the JIT to allow the Malaysians time to act on the identified organisational safety issues highlighted in the interim report?? Maybe the ICAO safety audit of KLIA2 has occurred and the KL government is now acting on those findings? However..maybe not?

IMHO: In the interest of transparency - & safety risk mitigation of the travelling public transiting that neck of the woods - other members of the JIT please consider the para 6.8 note and issue a SR calling for the ICAO safety audit findings and all proposed safety actions to be made public.. Wink 

So if indeed the audit occurred (?), could Liow please provide the ICAO safety audit findings?

If it hasn't occurred could either the JIT accredited reps please issue a SR to address the ineptitude & deficiencies of the Malaysian managed airspace; or could ICAO instigate an urgent audit of the Malaysian ATC system ASAP??  

MTF...P2 Tongue

(03-15-2016, 10:26 AM)Peetwo Wrote:  Why start now?

From the MH370 'Less Noise' thread - HERE - I highlighted a quote from the Malaysian Transport Minister:

Quote:Liow said that Malaysia wants to be -"transparent and accountable in our investigation as much as possible, that is why we want (the parts) to be verified in Australia.." 

Not sure about the true veracity of that statement but while Liow is in such a forthcoming mood in the interests of being 'transparent & accountable', perhaps a year on he could consider my opinion comment I made at the bottom of the following post:

(03-17-2015, 06:29 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  Following on from my last post I read a most disturbing story that Nural Izzah has been arrested for sedition on speaking out about her Father's incarceration on what would appear to be trumped up, bogus charges of sodomy. This leaves many commentators suggesting that Malaysia is drifting towards authoritarianism - Malaysia’s Creeping Authoritarianism  

Kind of makes our woes & disillusionment in a disinterested, disassociated government and overruling bureaucracy seem kind of minor in comparison.. Confused  However the calls from Nural Izzah for proper oversight and transparency in the government aviation safety agencies has a fairly familiar ring to it, here was where she backed up those calls in October last year:

Quote:Izzah demands audit reports on air traffic safety

October 27, 2014

She reminds the Transport Minister that she raised the issue of aviation safety before MH370 went missing.

[/url]PETALING JAYA: Lembah Pantai MP

Nurul Izzah Anwar has asked the Transport Ministry to release the results of audits on Malaysia’s air traffic safety systems by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).

In a press release commenting on Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai’s statement about next week’s ICAO meeting in Canada, she expressed “full support” for Liow’s “desire to improve the safety of flights worldwide”. But she said the Malaysian public was “expecting improvement in safety measures on the home front” as well.

She reminded Liow that she had raised the issue of air traffic safety twice, more than a year before Flight MH370 went missing last March 8. The first time she did so was in July 2012 and the second time in September 2012 following a two-hour breakdown of Subang Airport’s radar system.

“I demanded then for Malaysia’s air traffic system to be audited by the ICAO,” she said. “The last ICAO audit had taken place in 2005.”
She noted a statement that Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein made after the MH370 disappearance, in which he claimed to have ordered the Director of Civil Aviation to hold discussions on air traffic safety with stakeholders.

“Hishamuddin also claimed then that ICAO will run a safety audit on KLIA2,” she added. “However, the scope of this audit is as of yet unknown. If these audits have been completed, I ask that the Transport Minister reveal the findings and make steps towards improving the safety of our airspace.

“As per the preliminary report of the MH370 incident, recordings from the military radar showed the possibility of an aircraft similar to MH370 flying west across Peninsular Malaysia. However, questions arising from an unidentified aircraft flying into Malaysian airspace and our corresponding actions have yet to be answered.

“As I have pointed out before, this matter should not be taken lightly as it involves the safety of travelling individuals as well as threats to the national security. It bears reminding that the September 11 attacks in America were performed using commercial jetliners.”

With the release of the recent MH370 1st yr interim report there is now further documented evidence of extreme incompetence in the crucial early SAR phases of MH370 - see Christine Negroni's blogpiece [url=http://christinenegroni.blogspot.jp/2015/03/mh-370-report-on-night-of-errors-raises.html]here
 for a scathing summary of the crucial errors by the Malaysian authorities - with further calls from other Malay MPs for action: 

Quote:We had half an hour to respond but we did nothing – Julian Tan, Steven Sim

Published: 16 March 2015 2:37 PM

First of all, we want to welcome the Ministry of Transport Interim Report on MH370.
The report however, reinforces our call for greater accountability and transparency on the tragedy.

From 1.21 am when MH370 was believed to have taken a u-turn (Air Turn Back) off north-west of Kota Baru in the South China Sea to cross Peninsula Malaysia until it reached south of Penang at around 1.52am, more than half an hour passed.

Within 1.21am to 1.52am, a full 31 minutes, MH370 on a rogue flight path was within our radars, both civil and military! We do not want to speculate, but if actions were taken within that considerably long timeframe it re-crossed Peninsula Malaysia, perhaps we will have a lot more answers today.

It must also be noted that at around 1.39am, Ho Chih Min Air Traffic Centre (HCM ATCC) contacted KL ATCC to inform that no communication was established with MH370 a full 20 minutes after it was supposed to communicate with the plane. At this time, MH370 was estimated to have just re-entered Peninsula Malaysia flying through Kota Baru.

This means, authorities in Malaysia were alerted of a potential crisis on the one hand and the crisis was taking place within our radars on the other hand, and yet, no emergency response was initiated.

One minute is a long time in aviation. Every minute, a plane can have a rate of descent of up to 8,000 feet.

Everyone was furious to read that the KL ATCC supervisor was asleep and had to be woken up by his subordinate at 5.20 am. But the sad truth is, many more people were sleeping, whether their eyes were shut or not, on that fateful day. No one felt it fit to respond to a rogue plane flying for over half an hour across the airspace we control, and even though we were alerted of the crisis by Vietnam!

Breach of Malaysia-Vietnam Operational Agreement

The Interim Report cited the Operational Letter of Agreement between DCA Malaysia and the Vietnam Air Traffic Management which stipulated that “the accepting unit shall notify the transferring unit if two-way communication is not established within five (5) minutes of the estimated time over the TCP (Transfer of Control Point)”

The TCP occured at about 1.19am. However, despite the lost of communication, only at about 1.39am did Ho Chih Min Air Traffic Control Centre (HCM ATCC) contact KL ATCC for the whereabouts of MH370.

Did Ho Chih Min breach this important agreement through its failure to comply with the five minutes timeframe and instead waited until 20 minutes before alerting KL? The communication lodge between HMC ATCC and the KL HTCC even recorded the latter questioning  the former on this five (5) minutes rule.

Once again, one minute is a long time in aviation.

Delay in DETRESFA message

The last communication between KL ATCC and MH370 was at 1.19 am. When the next contact did not happen, a distress message should have been triggered within roughly an hour later. However, the first distress message was released 5 hours and 13 minutes later at 6.32am.
According to the Manual of Air Traffic Services,
“when an aircraft fails to make a position report when it is expected, commence actions not later than the ETA for the reporting point plus 3 minutes and,
(a) the following actions shall be taken:
(ii) Notify the RCC that Uncertainty Phase exist...
(b) full overdue action: not later than 30 minutes after the declaration of the Uncertainty Phase:
(i) Notify the RCC that Alert Phase exists
(ii) notify the RCC that Distress Phase exists if:
– 1 hour has elapsed beyond the last ETA for the destination; or
–  the fuel is considered exhausted; or
– 1 hour has elapsed since the declaration of Uncertainty Phase

In other words, within 3 minutes after 1.19am, the Uncertainty Phase must be declared, triggering all on high alert and by around 2.22am, the Distress Phase should have been declared.

However, no one took any action until 6.32am. Anything could have happened in between.

What’s next after the Interim Report?

The Interim Report alone is obviously not enough to do justice to the victims of the tragedy and their families, as well as to regain the confidence to the aviation industry. The Report highlighted shortcomings, non-compliances and weaknesses of our national airline, our aviation authorities and our military.

What actions are taken to ensure that shortcomings and weaknesses are rectified?
Where is the post mortem report from the military?
Where is the result of police investigation?

The Prime Minister must give a full account on these questions before the end of this Parliamentary sitting. He must emulate his Australian counterpart, Tony Abbot who moved a motion to debate MH370 on March 5, 2015 in the Australian Parliament and gave Opposition Leader equal time to the Prime Minister to debate the said motion. – March 16, 2015.

[i]Note:
Uncertainty phase (INCERFA): a situation wherein uncertainty exists as to the safety of an aircraft and its occupants.
[/i]
Alert phase (ALERFA): A situation wherein uncertainty exists as to the safety of an aircraft and its occupants.
Distress phase (DETRESA): A situation wherein there is a reasonable certainty that an aircraft and its occupants are threatened by grave and imminent danger and require immediate assistance.

*Julian Tan Kok Ping is the MP for Stampin, and Steven Sim Chee Keong is the MP for Bukit Mertajam.
- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sidev...HNjJ2.dpuf

These Malay pollies seem very well briefed and have an above average understanding of the major issues involved in regards to the MH370 disappearance and its greater implications to aviation safety in their country.

What I find passing strange is if these MPs can identify these significant safety issues why then doesn't the JIT promulgate safety recommendations to address these issues? It is quite obvious that even with the proactive action so far on the Preliminary report SR...

"....It is recommended that the International Civil Aviation Organisation examine the safety benefits of introducing a standard for real time tracking of commercial air transport aircraft..."

...that in the case of the Malaysian ATC/SAR authorities it may have made little difference to the bizarre disappearance of MH370, such was the level of incompetence on display that fateful morning March 8th 2014.

Excerpt from Interim report statement:

Quote:8. The Investigation Team is now conducting analysis of the factual information

and is considering the following areas:

8.1 Airworthiness & Maintenance and Aircraft Systems;
8.2 ATC operations from 1719 to 2232 UTC on 7th March 2014 [0119 to
0632 MYT on 8th March 2014];
8.3 Cargo consignment;
8.4 Crew Profile;
8.5 Diversion from Filed Flight Plan route;
8.6 Organisational and Management Information of DCA and MAS; and
8.7 Satellite Communications (SATCOM).

9. Along with these activities, the Investigation Team has also prepared Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) and Checklists for investigation in accordance
with Doc. 9756 AN965 in preparation for the recovery of the aircraft, once it is
located by the search team.

10. In the months ahead, the Investigation Team will need to analyse to draw

conclusions and safety recommendations based on the factual information that

have been gathered. In addition to the analysis and the conclusion phase of the

investigation, steps taken will also include further validation of the factual

information on emergence of new evidence.

11. The Investigation Team expects that further factual information will be available
from the wreckage and flight recorders if the aircraft is found.

Issued by:

The Malaysian ICAO Annex 13 Safety Investigation Team for MH370

8th March 2015

ICAO Annex 13 Ch 6 para 6.6 states...

"..6.6 If the report cannot be made publicly available within twelve months, the State conducting the investigation shall
make an interim statement publicly available on each anniversary of the occurrence, detailing the progress of the investigation
and any safety issues raised..."

and under Safety Recommendations:

Quote:6.8 At any stage of the investigation of an accident or incident, the accident or incident investigation authority of the State
conducting the investigation shall recommend in a dated transmittal correspondence to the appropriate authorities, including
those in other States, any preventive action that it considers necessary to be taken promptly to enhance aviation safety.
Note.— Precedence for the issuance of safety recommendations from an accident or incident investigation should be given to the State conducting the investigation; however, in the interest of safety, other States participating in the investigation may issue safety recommendations after coordinating with the State conducting the investigation.

6.9 A State conducting investigations of accidents or incidents shall address, when appropriate, any safety recommendations arising out of its investigations in a dated transmittal correspondence to the accident investigation authorities of other State(s) concerned and, when ICAO documents are involved, to ICAO.
Note.— When Final Reports contain safety recommendations addressed to ICAO, because ICAO documents are involved,
these reports must be accompanied by a letter outlining the specific action proposed.

Quote:Maybe there is some informal arrangement within the JIT to allow the Malaysians time to act on the identified organisational safety issues highlighted in the interim report?? Maybe the ICAO safety audit of KLIA2 has occurred and the KL government is now acting on those findings? However..maybe not?

IMHO: In the interest of transparency - & safety risk mitigation of the travelling public transiting that neck of the woods - other members of the JIT please consider the para 6.8 note and issue a SR calling for the ICAO safety audit findings and all proposed safety actions to be made public.. Wink 

So if indeed the audit occurred (?), could Liow please provide the ICAO safety audit findings?

If it hasn't occurred could either the JIT accredited reps please issue a SR to address the ineptitude & deficiencies of the Malaysian managed airspace; or could ICAO instigate an urgent audit of the Malaysian ATC system ASAP??  

Further to the above the following was by NURUL IZZAH ANWAR in April 2015, courtesy of Malaysiakini:

Quote:MP SPEAKS In a busy-bulldozing-of-bills' week, the Malaysian government managed to get legislative approval allowing for the setup of Malaysia’s Aviation Commission.

The bill, 95 pages in total, saw less than three hours of debate yet would cost the Malaysian taxpayer a total of RM90 million as initial seed funding.

[Image: jOHHboyLNkFdc-F1Fg3V5jSbqZLOnQ1xekpwUlI_...EcOAdXc=s0]

This amount is all the more alarming when contrasted with the six thousand current MAS employees who will face the sack under the approved restructuring plan of the said company.

Granted, all quarters agree with the need to salvage MAS’ financial losses - but the government’s move to spend through various new agencies and commissions without much detailing on its effectiveness and fruitful impact smacks of extreme irresponsibility.
Malaysia’s aviation history has been badly marked by the many tragedies affecting MAS:
  • lost MAS plane MH370, shot-down MAS plane MH17;
  • incompetence of the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia (DCA):
  • direct tender choosing of controversial radar system software provider, Selex Systemi Integrati and radar failure incident in Subang terminal of 2012; and
  • Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad (MAHB)’s lack of accountability concerns for the long standing issues affecting KLIA2’s runway and development (ICAO audit barely cleared airport for use: it met minimum requirements for safety to start operations as scheduled but with clear cut need for consistent redress and preventive maintenance).

As such, the government must immediately address concerns of ensuring the independence of the commission by selecting an executive chairman who is a committed professional with sufficient geo-technical background - lest we end up with another newly built runway with cracks before the six months completion time is up - like the KLIA2. No personalities previously involved with MAHB or the DCA or the Ministry of Transport should be helming the commission.

Another wormhole of conflicts

The commission must report to Parliament for scrutiny and public safety; not the prime minister who is already tainted from his links to 1MDB as chairman to its board of advisors.

[Image: jhrewcyMqBt59G1Q1cH15YKzjW2g5feu9oUEawz4...EMUrKJw=s0]

Furthermore, previous appointments by the Prime Minister's Office has proven to only further centralise responsibility and escape accountability.

One only needs to relook the Malindo Airline launch by the prime minister on the 12th of September 2012 - a staggering five months prior to DCA’s awarding of aviation license to the said airline which only took place on the 28th February 2013.

Clearly, a commission board controlled by and reports to the prime minister opens up another wormhole of conflicting interests, and is open to abuse.

It is time the Malaysian government takes stock at what is at stake and immediately move to ensure that the newly created Aviation Commission lives up to expectations.

Timely audit disclosure
As part of this week’s bill to allow for the setup of Malaysia’s Aviation Commission,  the government has proposed to appoint an Internal Auditor as part of the commission. However, the proposed role for the appointed auditor is left vague.

[Image: HAbzYBI_AiWD2VtQRgJJWVO4IHJgBDH0m_8rfNN5...-5rLv9s=s0]

At the moment we are being audited constantly using international standards/monitoring body. For example the DCA are being audited too by the ICAO.

I think what is more important is to make this yearly audit visible for public viewing. The delays in revealing the audit findings can be detrimental towards patching up weakness and loopholes in our aviation safety.

I myself had to wait for three years, across three different ministers heading the Transport Ministry before I could get my hands on the report on power outage at the air traffic control centre on 13 September 2012 - detailing reasons to why our airspace went blind for nearly two hours - leading authorities to:
  • surrender air authority to a foreign nation - Singapore - which provided us radio communications services to 3 movements, southbound for Singapore and beyond
  • delay affecting 5 flights both domestic and international carriers'.
  • forced to utilise non radar control procedures: where time used to separate planes can be up to 10 minutes (80Nm/145km) instead of the normal radar control of 5 Nautical Miles (9 km).

MH370 exposed massive failure

[Image: sLJqEbxX2c0aPBtzMZRvYuBtdgcM7wkpJWuXCIMK...UlBi1jI=s0]

As the MH370 incident has shown us, there are still many weaknesses in Malaysia’s aviation safety. While commenting on the interim report on the case, CNN news anchor Richard Quest, has said that the biggest scandal in the MH370 case is the failure of the air traffic controllers in South East Asia including Malaysia to take action even though the radars has managed to pick up strange movements by the plane in the hours prior to the search and rescue is launched.

It is imperative that Malaysia begins to disclose these audit reports to the stakeholders including to the members of the public, as this would open up opportunities for the stakeholders to suggest ways and new technologies that is available to improve aviation safety.

As such, I demand the government to reveal audit findings by local and international bodies in a transparent and timely manner. Improvements would inch along if government keeps the “government-knows-best” stance.

For this, I urge the government to set up a parliamentary select committee on Civil Aviation Safety and Security. In dealing with safety issues, the public deserves to know that the government is working at its best to ensure the public’s lives are of the utmost importance.

NURUL IZZAH ANWAR is Lembah Pantai MP and PKR vice president and elections director.

Tick..tock ICAO?? Dodgy

MTF..P2 Undecided

P2, excellent post. Top notch. I brewed a cup of strong black and read through it thoroughly. Lots and lots of nuggets in there.

Overall I  think that due to the levels of Government incompetence, corruption and safety issues in Malayaysia there is no doubt that at a minimum a robust ICAO safety audit should be undertaken. There are some serious issues that need addressing. Malaysia as a whole is a very large Asian partner to global aviation, and as a result this can have an impact on other nations, it's tentacles spread far and wide.

Tick tock you say? Indeed!

Bioforensic Analysis of Suspected MH370 Debris

http://jeffwise.net/2016/03/17/bioforens...#more-4633

Duncan Steel's latest post.

MH370
Consideration of a Controlled Ditch Scenario for MH370
2016/04/19 Duncan Steel
Consideration of a Controlled Ditch
Scenario for MH370
Yap Fook Fah
2016 April 14
http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/2601

Converted it into a pdf here.

[Image: china-malaysia-plane-1.jpg]

What are we missing ?
What is wrong with this picture ?

Finally, a "leak" of a document pertaining to the French Investigation of their Flaperon (in Frech of course) here.

Follow the discussion on Jeff Wise here and Reddit here.

Less than 15,000 km^2 to go (since MORE THAN 105,000 of the 120,000 km^2 is done) per JACC MH370 Operational Search Update of 04 May 2016. (http://jacc.gov.au/families/operational_...60504.aspx)

The Federal Budget has provided no further funding for continuing search efforts next FY (beyond end June) other than providing $19.4 million per year after July, presumably, just to keep the JACC PR machine on standby.

None of this is any surprise of course. The government has consistently stated that the search will end when the 120,000 km^2 is completed.

The so called "professional forensic analysis" of the so called "debris" has produced way too many "holes" in logic to be credible.  It is becoming increasingly obvious that the "finds" have been orchestrated - by someone.  

Since that is now more than likely, we have to go back and very seriously re-consider the integrity of the Inmarsat data.  

Much has been written about the possibility of spoofing, and Inmarsat themselves did openly state early on, that they were concerned, that they may have been.  Those concerns seem to have "slipped away into the night" without any solid explanation.  But since the release of the "redacted log" however, the media, and the internet crowd in general, and the IG in particular, have effectively accepted it as "an article of faith".

Has that faith been misplaced ?

The fact that so much of the Inmarsat Log was "redacted", in a case like this, is cause for a serious re-examination of that faith, and its "teachings" (so-to-speak).

Thus, to my mind, since the entire SIO theory / search is dependent on that "faith", which may be seriously misplaced, that it is becoming increasingly likely, that MH-370 never flew into the SIO at all.

Which means, (obviously) that it went somewhere else, and thus, to put it bluntly, someone took it there.

Which means, it was a criminal act, by someone.

There were six Australian Citizens on board MH-370, who came from NSW and Queensland, and one Permanent Resident who came from Western Australia.  

Unlike in the case of MH-17, (which was clearly the result of a criminal act) it is interesting that none of the legal authorities (Federal Police, three State Police Forces, and three State Coroners) seem interested in investigating their deaths.  

I wonder why ?

Beaker (Dolan) to be replaced in June by new Chief Commissioner Hoodie ex ASA.

Obviously Murky's nominee to face-down Zeno over all those ATC issues in the next Parliament's Estimates.