CASA meets the Press

Dunno GD, I’m tempted to move the marker a little and call Truss minister.  Maybe it’s something in the coffee, but the DPM statement in the Hitch article has a feel of ‘reality’ to it.   Wazza has some good runs on the board and if you discount the air swings (Skidmore) it’s not been too bad an innings – all things considered.

It was a bad start – failing to hammer the Albo loose balls was a tactical blunder.

Then, there was the apparent gazumping the Senate inquiry and their recommendations.  Been chewing on that for a while now – and I wonder – what if.  What if Truss understood that the Senators were serious, but were without enough clout to make reform happen. i.e Ministerial horse power required.  The next response from Truss was to drag in the much respected Rev. Forsyth and his side kicks to put some flesh on the bare bones of the Senate inquiry.  It was Truss who selected Forsyth,  insisted on Pel-Air being reopened and the TSBC report. Then there was the Boyd appointment and a couple of good hands brought onto the ‘board’.  All on the plus side of the ledger.  Up front, he has, despite some highly suspect advice, at least seemed to try to make things work, and it is an uphill battle.   

Anyway, FWIW, that’s my two bob’s worth; as I said, I just get a feeling that Truss meant what he said – converting that into real reform, well that’s a whole new world.  But, maybe the mouse will roar yet.

We shall see.

Toot toot.

Kharon, to be perfectly honest your comments dropped into my lap (so to speak) right while I was in the middle of reading 'The Fog Of War'. So I am in a sort of 'reflective mood', and in turn a more reasonable and perhaps even forgiving mood!! You said;

Then, there was the apparent gazumping the Senate inquiry and their recommendations.  Been chewing on that for a while now – and I wonder – what if.  What if Truss understood that the Senators were serious, but were without enough clout to make reform happen. i.e Ministerial horse power required.  The next response from Truss was to drag in the much respected Rev. Forsyth and his side kicks to put some flesh on the bare bones of the Senate inquiry.  It was Truss who selected Forsyth,  insisted on Pel-Air being reopened and the TSBC report. Then there was the Boyd appointment and a couple of good hands brought onto the ‘board’.  All on the plus side of the ledger.  Up front, he has, despite some highly suspect advice, at least seemed to try to make things work, and it is an uphill battle

This is true. And Minister Truss also helped to push the Screaming Skull out the door, so I'm happy to accept the points you have made above. But are these acts simply a way to placate the IOS somewhat, to feed them a placebo and settle the angst, done in a smoke and mirrors type of way while not really making the required big changes at all? My genuine concern is how Minister Truss reappointed Pumpkin Head and Beaker back into their respective roles when their contracts were up for renewal? A clean sweep of those characters would have sent a positive message to the IOS. It's been an opportunity lost and paves the way to speculation that the Minister is 'playing us'.

Anyway, my message to either party who wins the next election is this - adjust the Minister for Infrastructures portfolio, appoint a Junior Minister for Aviation, make that person David Fawcett. Give him the tools, power and support that he needs to 'get the job done' and then in 3 years time let us review, even gloat, over the positive changes the aviation industry has achieved not just at home but on a global scale. Anything less is just another inch towards a smoking hole and an aviation industry finally finished off.

"Safe musings for all"

Quote:GD – “But are these acts simply a way to placate the IOS somewhat, to feed them a placebo and settle the angst, done in a smoke and mirrors type of way while not really making the required big changes at all?"

Agree mate, truly do.  We are pre conditioned to think like this and; in all probability, history will repeat, particularly with the ‘three stooges’ on stage and throwing sweeties at the assembled crowd.  The culture of resistance, corporate arrogance and unfettered power all wrapped in the cloak of ‘mystique’ make a formidable enemy; one with the power, the money and the blessing of government.

I would love to see Fawcett up there, Junior Minister – hells bells, I could even write some positive stuff for a change; what a lovely big drum to bang that would be.

Nah, I was just speculating on Truss and change; more a whimsy than constructive argument.  We’ve been fooled before and I lost my rose tinted glasses many, many moons ago.

See you on the river later; still lots to do.  Pumpkin soup for dinner OK with you?

Hot off the Yaffa - This is interesting?? Rolleyes

What it means I've got no idea but it is certainly news from left field in the Miniscule's office:

Quote:[Image: Philippa-Stone---035c2_9F388C40-581C-11E...40CAB3.jpg]
Former Airservices Australia non-executive Director Philippa Stone has been appointed to the CASA board. (CASA)

Appointment brings Legal Expertise to CASA Board
11 Sep 2015

Acting Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development Warren Truss has appointed a former Airservices Australia director to the CASA board.
Philippa Stone, a partner in law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, will take up her three-year appointment on 1 October.

“Ms Stone brings strong aviation governance experience as a former member of the International Air Services Commission and non-executive director of Airservices Australia," Truss said.

“She also adds extensive legal expertise to the CASA Board as an experienced legal partner with Herbert Smith Freehills.

“This appointment continues the Australian Government's response to the Aviation Safety Regulation Review Report, which supported Board members possessing a range of appropriate skills and backgrounds to strengthen CASA's vital role as the independent aviation safety regulator.”

This appointment bring the CASA board to six under Chairman Jeff Boyd. The other members are Ian Smith, Anita Taylor, Murray Warfield and CASA Director of Aviation Safety Mark Skidmore.

Stone is the only board member with an extensive legal background.

Hmm...might keep the Doc Hoodoo & Herr Ananazi on their toes - maybe a Creamy (Lead Balloon) or Leadsled could explain the Truss/Boyd strategy with this appointment?? Confused

This was also covered in the following article from CASA Iron Ring minion Steve Creedy, in company with a regurgitation of Oliver's plans for even more bloody consultation... Dodgy  

Quote:CASA boss Mark Skidmore to hold meetings on regulation problems

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority is poised to launch an online tool and hold a series of meetings in an attempt to avoid the problems that have dogged the ­implementation of new aviation rules and upset many in the flying community.  

Complaints continue about the implementation of previous rule packages, particularly the Part 61 pilot licensing and Part 141/142 flight training regulations.

CASA chief Mark Skidmore is keen to avoid a repeat of problems as new rules are rolled out in areas such as flight regulations, air transport operations, sports aviation and limited category aircraft operations.

He is also diverting more resources inside CASA to try some of the issues and anomalies raised by the regulations that have already been introduced.

Mr Skidmore conceded the authority had not done well with implementing new rules in the past and needed to work out how to do it better into the future.

“The other part of it is if we look at the regs that we still have remaining there’s about 12 and some of them are significant,’’ he said. “What I want to do — well want and need I guess, you can probably put them together — is work with the aviation community to actually understand what’s the best timeline for these.’’

He said some people wanted new regulations implemented immediately while others said they were unable to handle the pace.

“And my own resources are actually fairly stretched with regards to actually implementing them so I want to get a better idea. Before I come out with it I’d like to talk to people and get a better idea of how we can do this.’’

CASA is holding a series of consultation meetings starting this month in Launceston, Hobart, Moorabbin, Darwin, Albury, Bankstown and Brighton Le Sands in Sydney.
It is also launching an online consultation tool in the coming weeks that will allow members of the aviation community to be part of the consultation process.

“It’s not just for this, but I see it as an opportunity into the future … for other areas like Flight Planning 2030 forums that I’m having,’’ Mr Skidmore said. “We’ll have an opportunity for people to be able to feed in information to us without actually having to be there for the forums.

“I also want to try and get to is a stage where we’ll have feedback available on the websites as well.’’

On the problems with recently implemented regulations, Mr Skidmore said: “I don’t think we’ve sorted it out too well at this stage so I’ve actually told my team that I want to get more focus on (Parts) 61, 141, 142.

“I’m actually taking some resources off other areas and putting them together and saying let’s get some more focus on to this and let’s make sure we solve these concerns.’’
Mr Skidmore was appointed last year in the wake of the Aviation Safety Regulation Review as part of moves to mend the fractured relationship between CASA and the aviation industry by fostering greater consultation.

The review headed by former Qantas executive David Forysth found the regulator’s ‘‘hardline approach” to enforcement was inappropriate and had led to a lack of trust between CASA and operators.

The government also brought in new CASA board members, ­appointed industry veteran Jeff Boyd as chairman and issued a fresh statement of expectations to the authority. The process continued yesterday with the appointment to the board of Philippa Stone, a lawyer with experience on the Airservices Australia board and with the International Air Services Commission.

Mr Skidmore said the regulator was also “rolling on whole bunch of different programs to try to get, I think, better communication and consultation with the industry’’.
He said he been out in the ­aviation community attempting to get an understanding of ­people’s concerns.

“It is important that we understand how it’s going to impact people,’’ he said. “I don’t want to roll things out there to people without understanding what it really means to them because that just doesn’t make any sense to me.

The CASA boss is aware that he will not be able to please everyone. “There will still be some people who won’t be happy because they’ll complain it should have been done earlier, it should have been done later — you’ll never come up with the absolute sweet, perfect solutions but we’ll do the best we damn well can.’’

FCOL can someone now please shut Oliver up before we drown in the rhetoric & elephant dung... Undecided

MTF...P2 Tongue

Looks like Truss has got a pawn through the lines and brought it into play as a legal Queen, to counter the archdioceses Bishop.  Go Jeff, go Murray – give ‘em merry hell.

“Can’t do that” says the Bishop of legal tampering.  “Oh yes”, says the legal Queen; "we can, it says so right here in the law book”  “But, but that’s not how ‘we’ do it” protests the Bishop.  “It is now” says the white Queen, "so bugger off”.

Ah, be still my beating heart.

Errrmm, not a bad looking sort...err boatman she wouldn't be the one very familiar with the Novotel in Canberra would she?

I don't trust any of them. Maybe I am just a cynical old bastard but if Truss has hand picked this pert lass himself then I would suspect she has been brought in to add an extra layer of legal protection to the Miniscule as he is feeling a little nervous that at some point soon he and his piss-poor government may end up on the receiving end of a class action or some kind of high level litigation....... Just a thought.

Naughty Thorny; bad boy.  HERE  - is a link to a nice, fluffy little piece which gives an  altogether (Ahem)  ‘unbiased’ picture of the lady.

Quote:Another memorable transaction on Stone's CV is the sale of Sydney Airport, in which she worked through unforeseeable events in a competitive bidding process to overcome significant challenges to the deal.

; however, you will note that:-

Quote:Acting Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development Warren Truss has appointed a former Airservices Australia director to the CASA board.

Philippa Stone, a partner in law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, will take up her three-year appointment on 1 October.

Now, you wicked boy, you too have read the unsubstantiated, anonymous letters we received related to the Nevertell saga and other slightly unsavoury tales. There is nothing in that file to indicate exactly who did what to whom; all we know is who paid for it i.e. ‘us’.  That tale along with a couple of others has been buried deep, which is fair enough as there are families and children involved; too much collateral damage for little gain; so we shall sit on those stories and in true gentlemanly fashion say nothing; for in fact, we know nothing, not for certain sure.

We may however hope that the gross errors of the past i.e. ASA and Airports have taught some salutary lessons which may avoid future duck up’s of that magnitude. It would also be nice to think that some of the CASA legal excess and 'stretches' may be nuetralised by an unbiased approach; we shall see.

Toot toot.

Well the sale of Sydney airport is great to have on your CV. At least we can assume that the 'not giving a stuff about keeping, fostering, retaining and valuing' things of Australian aviation value shall can continue?

Perhaps she can cut a deal with somebody to buy the subterranean flood plain of Bankstown airport? Glow in the dark toys are popular at the moment!

STOP PRESS – new Headline:-

“We ducked it Up”.  In an exclusive  interview with roving ace reporter Geofairy Nocredit, the CASA top dog admits CASA have made some serious, expensive blunders which have not only buggered up an industry, earned the censure of the Senate and the distrust of the industry.  “Yes, we did all that, and more” says the smiling top gun; “but we are going to fix it over the next decade and half”.  Our intrepid reporter jumps on this startling confession, “How do you propose to achieve this miraculous turn around?”

“Oh that’s easy” says the top dog, teeth glimpsed through the blood stained mustachio; “we’ll ask the industry to show us how, QED”.  “Of course we shall retain the power, collect the glory, keep our jobs and probably get pay rises for doing this.  “It’s a marvellous system, once you get to know the ropes”

“But what’s in it for industry?” asks Geofairy.

“Who?” is the one word answer from the reform crusader, as the eyes glaze over and he becomes fascinated with picking the fluff out his belly button.

Toot – WTF - Toot.

Aunty Pru…says

"Does it really matter what these affectionate people do — so long as they don’t do it in the streets and frighten the horses!"

• Reply to a young actress who asserted that an older actor in a production showed too much affection for the leading man (c. 1910); as reported by Alan Dent in Mrs. Patrick Campbell,

Oliver front runner for WOFTAM award - 2015

Mate after today's spew-worthy contribution from OST on the 'Safeskies are Empty Skies' debate on ADSB..
Quote:Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) director of aviation safety Mark Skidmore also spoke favourably about one day extending the use of ADS-B to VFR flights.

“The aspect of ADS-B and all aircraft, I would encourage everyone to get ADS-B, it is a wonderful idea,” Skidmore said.

“ADS-B is the future. It is definitely going to give us a solution that allows us to see everyone across this great country of ours.”

“I really think that it is necessary but I have got to understand the impact on the community out there, particularly VFR operations and how we actually are going to implement that so I can’t say I am going to do it.”

I thought.."nah maybe he has had one or two many Chardys"..  Rolleyes

However then I read the latest from (the poorer side of the Yaffa) Hitch, which nearly made me up-chuck.. Confused
Quote:[Image: Sharp_training1_3B1D16E0-61C2-11E5-928B0608AF67722B.jpg]
CASA is still dealing with issues over CASR Part 142 on integrated training. (Steve Hitchen)

Skidmore puts Priority on Effective Change
23 Sep 2015

CASA Director of Aviation Safety Mark Skidmore has told his staff he would prefer to miss the government's deadline on regulatory reform if it meant getting the implementation right.

In an internal memo dated today, Skidmore said that although the Federal Government had given him until the end of 2015 to finish the regulation reform, he was prepared to miss that deadline if it meant the changes would be effective.

"Delivering on the Government’s expectations is vital," Skidmore states in the memo.

"Consistent with that obligation, however, it is equally important to get the implementation of changes right. If it takes a little more time to implement successful and effective change, then I support such an approach.

"We are currently holding a round of intensive consultation with the aviation community to get their views on how regulatory change should proceed and how we can best offer support during the change process. From the meetings held to date some views are clear.

We are hearing comments such as 'the volume of change is overwhelming' or 'we haven’t had time to comment' and 'we’re too busy managing current changes to provide feedback on proposed future changes'.

"While it is early days, and no decisions on how the regulatory change program will move forward will be made until the consultation is finished and the results analysed, it is clear CASA’s current approach is causing the aviation community significant difficulty.

"We need to finish this listening and discussion exercise before determining the next steps. If this creates some delay in the regulatory development and implementation process, I believe that would be time well spent to get the right outcomes for Australian aviation."

Skidmore cited problems the aviation community had with the new training regulations Parts 61, 141 and 142 and stated that more resources would be allocated to these CASRs to deal with industry issues.

CASR parts still waiting for reform include the general aviation maintenance suite - parts 42, 66 and  145; the passenger transport operations suite - parts 91, 119, 121, 129, 131, 133 and 135; the sport and recreation operations suite - parts 103, 105 and 149; and the aerial work and other operations suite - parts 132 and 138.

Skidmore concluded the memo by acknowledging the need to get the reforms completed quickly.

"Regulatory development will be completed as quickly as is possible and implementation will be undertaken in an orderly and managed way, with a view to maximising safety benefits while minimising unnecessary burden on the aviation community.

"This may take a little longer than originally envisaged, but it is all about getting the right outcomes for the aviation community and the travelling public."

UFB! Angry  Is this guy for real?

Dear Boyd...Do us all a huge favour & kindly but forceably tell this dude his services are no longer required.. Dodgy

MTF...P2 Cool

Safeskies has truly plumbed the depths of excrement with Skidmarks ridiculous ramble. Only took him 8 months to put his hands in the air (just like Sir Anus does) and blame industry for not being ready plus tell everyone he would prefer to defer the reg reform program 'for the good of all aviation'. The hammer has been dropped. Skiddy has failed and failed in in spectacular fashion may I add. I thought he was a great military leader FFS. Seriously? He has been pussy whipped by a Voodoo magician, a man with a giant head and an assortment of black hats, sociopaths and malcontents. Skates, you failed mate. You know where the door is buddy....

Dear Mr Boyd, you're next on the list. You were hired to do a job and it's time to start doing it. So far you have made just the one robust statement. You're acting like a carboard cutout and it's very very disappointing so far. Has Credlin got your balls in a jar beside her bed as well?  I believe you should skull a litre of red bull, insert 10 kgs of lithium batteries up your ass and feckin get moving starting with an unceremonious plank walking for Skiddy. Tick tock Pete.

Peetwo;

Dear Boyd...Do us all a huge favour & kindly but forceably tell this dude his services are no longer required..

Here here. P2's cry from the rafters gets my vote. Skates the great leader is in fact Skates the great Weiner.

Safeskies just sped up the countdown clock by two minutes. Peetwo old mate, you know you want to so go for it son - cue the 60 Minutes clock.......

Gobs your wish is my command.. Tongue

[Image: untitled.png]

There are only two sentences worthy of consideration:-

Quote:“[he] would prefer to miss the government's deadline on regulatory reform if it meant getting the implementation right.

Not a single hint that there will be changes to the  dreadful regulations; only to the ‘implementation’ process.  Same regs, just longer time to wait for the end.

Quote:“[If] this creates some delay in the regulatory development and implementation process, etc.

Once again, no mention of revaluating the regulations as written; just more time wasted, to get used to dealing with yet another huge waste of time, money and effort on more 'bad law'.

No idea what he’s drinking, but would someone send a bottle to me; must be good stuff.

Second the P2 motion for the removal of glove puppets.

ORDER OUT OF CHAOS: FROM STAGED EVENTS to THE TOTALITARIAN TIPTOE AND BEYOND.

AKA Engineered Bollocks!

PROBLEM -- REACTION -- SOLUTION in that firstly you create the problem; then secondly you fan the flames to get a reaction; then thirdly (like the pyromaniac firefighter), you provide a solution. The solution is what you were wanting to achieve in the first place, but wouldn't have been able to achieve under normal circumstances.

True That Bastard!

Time...change doesn't occur through entangled LOOPS of Time.

Cranky...'kin oath!

These Egos don't Thrive on Chaos, They Navigate it!

True to form, another jab with many tentacles that touch and sting the outer REAL Aviation Issues, whilst wine spill over on the Inner Aviation Issues.

As each of us have senses that are different, they synapse with the message sent from the control centre, DPM, collectively forming reality that is unheard. The people. The hypocrisy of democracy.

My eyes caught the speakers and program.

At first I was perplexed and questioned the 13:40 Speaker and Subject matter.

.jpg image.jpg Size: 258.25 KB  Downloads: 3

I noticed soon after, the Charity Dinner. For Angel Flight (Bless their Souls) and RFDS.

Firstly, absolutely no disrespect to both Noble Aeromedical Professions.

My concerns and questions are:

How can an Honourable Man speak of Training and SURVIVAL when no conversing with those who have experienced such has occurred?

Is it not Ironic that Aero-Medical are the Charities?

Six years ago almost, I flew unsafe, unknowingly from an  aeromedical operator with many proven "deficiencies".

Yet their Voice is heard.
The praise is given and received, without conscience.
The money raised for Aeromedical Aviation. (Which is great for the Charities)

As the night saunters by...wine and words are mixed. 

What Issues? 
What Problems?
Sachet, of course, take two.

A game of Monopoly for each delegate in each Sachet, let's play over wine later.

Roll that dice.

Glazed over time, again with clever engineering and structure.
If as much effort was put in to the outer reality realm, Aviation may be safe and GA flourishing.

Round of applause 
Round and around and Round.

The Core is Protected by a Whirlpool so strong, that turning and stepping the other way in the name of Safety and Simple Effective, Fair Reforms, is a Force so strongly entrenched, it will take some Power.

Over to you Mr Boyd and DPM.

Serious Safety Alert to PM.
Aviation NEEDS Attention.

Homework Minister/s, Homework.
Own decisions. 

Time. 
What has changed since the Ditch?

Even Navigated Chaos comes undone. Eventually.

Wake up.

The Time Alarm Bells are Peaking. 

Undecided Unwillingness to be accountable and move forward safely and fairly. Not good. 

Very, UnAustralian indeed.

Heart Ziggy 

Another top post Ziggy... Wink

I still reckon my analogy with my Emperor's New Clothes post & Thorny's statement (see below) sums up the Safeskies gobfest quite nicely:

Quote:Safeskies - What a joke!

You only have to read some of the recent AP forum posts ( Senate Estimates & Skimore corner) & in particular Ziggy's post this AM - see here - to realise how out of 'touch with reality' these silver-tailed, numb-nuts attending the next two days of aviation safety back-slapping and frivolity truly are. The ironical parallels with Hans Christian Anderson's tale the 'Emperor's New Clothes' would be quite amusing if it wasn't for the facts succinctly put in the Thornbird pic & post... [Image: biggrin.gif] :

Quote: Wrote:..Got news for you idiots, there is no future for aerospace in Australia without reform, you can sit and Yakkety Yak all you like, very soon you'll be yakkety Yaking to an empty room, without an Industry there's nothing to Yakkety Yak about, you will become irrelevant along with all the other parasites who feed off the industry...

Also not to mention that these gob-fests are masking serious deficiencies within the Australian State aviation safety program (A19 SSP):

Quote: Wrote:3.1 State safety programme (SSP)

3.1.1 Each State shall establish an SSP for the management of safety in the State, in order to achieve an acceptable level of safety performance in civil aviation. The SSP shall include the following components:

a) State safety policy and objectives;

b) State safety risk management;

c) State safety assurance; and

d) State safety promotion.
However if ever you needed more proof that these so called 'luminaries' of aviation safety are so out of touch with any sense of reality, go no further than Dougy's weekly wrap - FCOL Dodgy
Quote:CASA has published 10 key principles (some have already unfairly dubbed them the Ten Commandments) underlying its new approach to the regulation of Australian aviation. The principles include building trust and respect, taking a risk-based approach, being consultative and collaborative, balancing consistency with flexibility, embracing a just culture approach, taking actions that are appropriate and in proportion to the circumstances, exercising discretion fairly and limiting CASA’s role in support of punitive action where action may be necessary.

1.CASA is committed to maintaining the trust and respect of the aviation community
2. Mindful of the primacy of air safety, CASA takes account of all relevant considerations, including cost
3. CASA takes risk-based approaches to regulatory action and decision-making
4. CASA performs its functions consistently with Australia's international obligations
5. CASA approaches its regulatory functions consultatively and collaboratively
6. CASA communicates fully and meaningfully with all relevant stakeholders
7. CASA fairly balances the need for consistency with the need for flexibility
8. CASA embraces and employs rational 'just culture' principles in its regulatory and related actions
9. CASA demonstrates proportionality and discretion in regulatory decision-making and exercises its powers in accordance with the principles of procedural fairness and natural justice
10. CASA has a legitimate, but limited, role in pursuing punitive action for breaches
of the civil aviation legislation

This is very encouraging stuff indeed and congratulations must go to the DAS Mark Skidmore and his deputy Jonathan Aleck. But much of the good intention of previous CASA heads has been neutralised by entrenched elements within the organisation resistant to change. So the real work to put substance to the words is still to be done. (puke.. Confused )

....I’m still at Safeskies in Canberra and it’s been an encouraging and rewarding experience so far. I keep saying that the unique advantage of Safeskies is the range and calibre of the people it attracts into the one room. There were 400 people at the opening dinner in Parliament House and that included the Chief of the Defence Force, the Chief of Air Force, the Secretary of the Department of Infrastructure, the Chairman of the CASA board, The DAS of CASA, the CEO of Virgin Australia, the acting CEO of Airservices and senior people from AMDA, Airbus, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad, the ATSB, Thales Australia, Boeing Australia, Aviation Australia, Border Force, the Federal and State police forces - and many more. They all heard guest lecturer Sir Angus Houston speak at length about his flying career with the RAAF, including an engine failure in a helicopter above 10,000 ft in the New Guinea highlands that resulted in a hard landing with the tail rotor sticking out over an abyss.

On the Wednesday morning the conference was opened by the Deputy Prime Minister, who then stayed through the whole first session while the four members of the Aviation Policy Group spoke and interacted with the packed room. 
More of the same today and I’ll share some of it with you when the whole thing is over...(puke.. Undecided ..hack.. Sad ...puke Confused )
MTF...P2 Angry

Titles are pooh

Oh yes, the title 'honourable'. Anyone can give themselves a title. I might call myself 'managing director', or 'King of long dicks'. Lookleft might title himself 'Co-ordinator of face-taking'. It means bullshit. It's not an earned title, it's part of the job package, nothing more. There isnt an honourable bone in these parasites bodies.

How can an Honourable Man speak of Training and SURVIVAL when no conversing with those who have experienced such has occurred?

Haha. Correct Ziggy. What a joke. This entire farce with Ando is on par with having Martin Bryant do a lecture on gun safety or Ivan Milat lecturing backpackers about travel safety. It's a sick joke.

Charity Dinner???

These corporations masquerading as charities have their trunks (they have to reach over) in the trough, much as the rest of them. They use the huge advantage of Tax free status, government subsidies and public "donations", to aggressively bid for government and commercial contracts.

They will be the last men standing in the GA Industry as the weight of CAsA's regulatory burden continues to strip the life out of commercial aviation.

Chatting with an FAA friend the other night, he asked me what a "Compliance Officer" was.
He'd seen an online ADD here. I very much tongue in cheek told him it was a retirement job provided by industry for ex CAsA personnel as they were the only ones who could understand our rules. Think he actually believed me. Sad aint it?

Heh, heh: CASA and the press always reminds me of a nest full of starving, raucous chicks and the parent birds bringing home the plump worms to feed the mindless, noisy young.  They go out and fetch home the worms, stuff it down the throats of whichever chick squawks loudest and watch until the meal is ejected from the other end, as bird shit.  Satisfied with the result then parent birds do it all over again.

Mindless dependency on a free meal delivery service for survival.