CASA meets the Press

[quote][/quote

"Exemptions are our lifeboats, after that Part 61 should be beaten into a new shape until it starts to look more reasonable..."

With due respect Mr. Hitchen,

Were not "Exemptions" the whole reason for the reform fraud in the first place?

The Industry paid $250 million for an incompetent aero club amateur to write the Part 61 clusterf..K.

Amateurish drivel, and a real embarrassment when viewed by competent regulators.

Read the Part 61 MOS.

Full of mother goose, warm fuzzy stuff that sounds wonderful to an ill informed lay person, but is actually a gross insult to any professional in the industry, containing "LAW"that virtually requires a trainer to commit suicide if they carry out the requirements or become a criminal if they don't. Good grief!! our regulator is no better than ISIS without the bomb!!

Now lets see?? next item on the thousand page syllabus...Stalling!!

Errr??? this aint a tiger moth, if I follow the MOS as required by "LAW" the aircraft will roll inverted and enter an irrecoverable spin!! bugger that no way!!!

Call the Air Vice Marshall ( hmm?? vice?? Oh right... got it... Ladies of negotiable affection) put a call through to the Air Marshall at Madam Fi Fi's massage parlour at the Cant'berra Novotel would you.

" Hello Sah, we have another one Sah, refusing to carry out a suicide mission Sah"

" Refuses to carry out Stalling in accordance with the MOS Sah"

" I know Sah, another industry wimp Sah, gave them your standard lecture about the "Mission" Sah, how vital it was that everyone follows orders etc etc...Sah, but they still refused Sah. Shall we instigate embuggerance action Sah?

" Yes Sah, there is precedent Sah, embuggerance action was taken against another individual who refused to Stall a Metro aircraft with the SAS off Sah"

" Who Sah? Pilot officer Worthless Sah, same one who managed to get those two in Darwin to carry out their suicide mission Sah"

" Pilot Officer Worthless Sah...you remember an aero club doyen. Yes Sah the one your predecessor rescued from the pencil sharpening cupboard in Cant'berra."

"Yes Sah, fine upstanding office Sah, in the finest tradition of embuggerance Sah."

" No Sah has a Long way to go before he could be a threat to you Sah."

" Understood Sah, activate the voo doo hoo doo doctor Sah"

" and may god have mercy on their soul's"

" Permission to ask a question Sah"

" Madam Fi Fi, I've heard rumours from the ASA guys"

" SHE DOES THAT???...NO...Really??? and that???Oh wow!!

Nice one TB – but did you copy the master? just a little.. Big Grin ...

Another great monologue.

A message from Dick - "Get out, get out now!" 

Sent: Friday, 30 October 2015 4:21 PM
To: All@ios.com.au
Subject: from Dick Smith re: Industry raises concerns with CASA about delayed regulatory reform processes

Dear All 

It’s not the slow pace of Reform at CASA, it’s the fact that they are still heading towards adding to costs.

For example, we know the disaster of Part 61 when in a little over a year’s time every single aircraft that flies IFR will have to have ADS-B fitted.

No country in the world has such a requirement.  Even in the USA where there is a requirement for ADS-B from 2020, that’s another 4 years away. 

There is no requirement for ADS-B to be fitted for aircraft below 10,000 feet in D, E or G airspace unless the aircraft is within 30 nautical miles of a Class B zone, such as Los Angeles or San Francisco.  This clearly means that most small aircraft that operate either IFR or VFR will not need ADS-B in the USA.

I was lucky enough to have an hour with the CASA Board on Thursday, 15th October 2015 and even though the Board seemed keen on getting a delay with this ADS-B mandate, it was quite clear that Mark Skidmore has no intention of giving any type of delay or dispensation.

Remember, there is no measurable safety issue being addressed because we have never had two aircrafts in cloud collide in this country.

Please pass on this email to everyone you can.  I absolutely recommend that people get out of aviation as quickly as they can, sell up their businesses and close down because any damage now will be minimised compared to the damage that is going to happen because of the dogmatic attitude of CASA between now and the next 4 years.  The damage will be horrendous, far more businesses will go broke and lots more people will be out of work.

It is quite clear with Mr Skidmore, because of his military background, that there will be no measurable reforms in relation to removing unnecessary costs.  There is no suggestion that the Minister will put any pressure on to allow a viable General Aviation business and even if the Minister does not stand again, I have not seen the slightest suggestion that his replacement has an understanding that major cost reductions must take place if the General Aviation industry is to remain viable.

AOPA have asked for a delay in the introduction of the mandate for ADS-B for all aircraft that fly IFR and they have got nowhere.

On my recent flight in my Citation to Longreach, I was forced below flight level 290 on the last 300 nautical miles of the flight, even though the controller told me there was no traffic that could require the change in altitude – I was flight planned and operating at flight level 400.

As you can see, it is nothing to do with safety it is all about sheer bastardry and destroying an industry.  The people at Airservices are worse, they have no understanding of how their costs for unique requirements can effect General Aviation.

I have presently got my Citation on the market and plan to sell my other aircraft.  I would suggest everybody does the same if they don’t want to lose very large amounts of additional wealth and resources.

Regards

Dick 

Dick Smith
Phone +61-2-9450 0600
PO Box 418, Terrey Hills
Sydney  NSW  2084  Australia

Well that's depressing Sad

MTF...P2 Angel

R.I.P Australian aviation

Yep, depressing indeed. If what Dick says he is doing is true, selling his toys, then that's it boys, last nail has been banged into the aviation coffin. Time to pack up the tools or flight bag, switch off the lights, lock the door and go home. All done.

I hope there are many out there taking heed of what Dick is doing. Dick Smith is no slouch when it comes to aviation. He is a smart man, passionate is an understatement, absolutely loves his toys and loves flying, and he can also fully fund anything that CAsA throws against him. But the guy is tired, sick of the fight, worn down by a regulator that sucks every breath of life out of you. At 71 Dick is probably bang on the money with his decision, but it isn't an easy one, but it's a realistic one. If Dick is calling it quits then Australia had better wake up to the fact that we have a real problem here.

The clock has pretty much stopped ticking.

"Tick Stop"

ADSB as bait.

I can agree with Dick on some of the points made above, not all.  ADSB is not ‘the’ killer.

His comments on the CASA board and Skidmore are spot on, as it happens.  Once again we see the results of a weak, toothless, disengaged Miniscule; an emasculated Board, a McComic look alike running the show (only more venal, disingenuous and duplicitous) fully embracing, fostering and promoting the very culture which is in dire need of reform.  

I must avoid specifics, to protect sources, suffice to say, if ever the Senators or industry heavyweights catch even a glimpse behind the subterfuge and understand exactly what is truly going on inside the core, they would be stunned.  The Board is stunned, stalemated and discovering just how powerless and inutile they truly are.  You may discern the facts for yourself; watch the way small things are managed, it will give you all the clues.  Alternatively, follow the CVD story – all there, writ large.  It will not be ADSB that kills this industry; it will be Truss, Skidmore and Aleck sitting in clover watching the slow, agonising death throes, enjoying the show.  

ADSB is a sideshow, a distraction to suck attention away from the Forsyth review and it’s non implementation, to cover the introduction of a rule set which is unbelievable and the protection of the chosen few.  

The time taken by the Senate committee to even get answers to QoN, let alone useful truthful answers gives you an idea of how the game is played.  By the time any of this disgusting rule set gets within a country mile of an inquiry – it will be too late.  Far too late for this industry.  Industry must bear some of the blame, for sitting by, protecting what they have, so afraid to rock the boat that they passively accept rape as inevitable, even settle back to enjoy it.  

Sorry boys and girls, but ADSB will not kill off this industry; it will be the law, the new law, the enforcement of that law, the selective interpretation of that law; and, prosecution under that law which sounds the death knell.  

Enjoy ‘em while you got ‘em; can’t fly ‘em around a prison yard.

Toot toot.

(10-30-2015, 06:15 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  A message from Dick - "Get out, get out now!" 

Sent: Friday, 30 October 2015 4:21 PM
To: All@ios.com.au
Subject: from Dick Smith re: Industry raises concerns with CASA about delayed regulatory reform processes

Dear All 

It’s not the slow pace of Reform at CASA, it’s the fact that they are still heading towards adding to costs.

For example, we know the disaster of Part 61 when in a little over a year’s time every single aircraft that flies IFR will have to have ADS-B fitted.

No country in the world has such a requirement.  Even in the USA where there is a requirement for ADS-B from 2020, that’s another 4 years away. 

There is no requirement for ADS-B to be fitted for aircraft below 10,000 feet in D, E or G airspace unless the aircraft is within 30 nautical miles of a Class B zone, such as Los Angeles or San Francisco.  This clearly means that most small aircraft that operate either IFR or VFR will not need ADS-B in the USA.

I was lucky enough to have an hour with the CASA Board on Thursday, 15th October 2015 and even though the Board seemed keen on getting a delay with this ADS-B mandate, it was quite clear that Mark Skidmore has no intention of giving any type of delay or dispensation.

Remember, there is no measurable safety issue being addressed because we have never had two aircrafts in cloud collide in this country.

Please pass on this email to everyone you can.  I absolutely recommend that people get out of aviation as quickly as they can, sell up their businesses and close down because any damage now will be minimised compared to the damage that is going to happen because of the dogmatic attitude of CASA between now and the next 4 years.  The damage will be horrendous, far more businesses will go broke and lots more people will be out of work.

It is quite clear with Mr Skidmore, because of his military background, that there will be no measurable reforms in relation to removing unnecessary costs.  There is no suggestion that the Minister will put any pressure on to allow a viable General Aviation business and even if the Minister does not stand again, I have not seen the slightest suggestion that his replacement has an understanding that major cost reductions must take place if the General Aviation industry is to remain viable.

AOPA have asked for a delay in the introduction of the mandate for ADS-B for all aircraft that fly IFR and they have got nowhere.

On my recent flight in my Citation to Longreach, I was forced below flight level 290 on the last 300 nautical miles of the flight, even though the controller told me there was no traffic that could require the change in altitude – I was flight planned and operating at flight level 400.

As you can see, it is nothing to do with safety it is all about sheer bastardry and destroying an industry.  The people at Airservices are worse, they have no understanding of how their costs for unique requirements can effect General Aviation.

I have presently got my Citation on the market and plan to sell my other aircraft.  I would suggest everybody does the same if they don’t want to lose very large amounts of additional wealth and resources.

Regards

Dick 

Dick Smith
Phone +61-2-9450 0600
PO Box 418, Terrey Hills
Sydney  NSW  2084  Australia

Well that's depressing Sad

Gobbles, Dick Smith taking his bat, ball, flying toys & pulling up stumps - BOLLOCKS! It is simply not in his DNA. IMO Dick is simply disappointed that his initial campaign has fallen on the very deaf ears of one inept Miniscule that is obviously totally disengaged with his constituency the Bush. 

IMO Dick needs to re-energise his batteries, redirect & refocus his campaign on decimating the man and his party who could actually do something about this impasse that is symptomatically destroying an industry. Kharon highlights how Dick should refocus his campaign (careful Dick "K" can be a little pointed.. Big Grin )

(10-31-2015, 06:11 AM)kharon Wrote:  ADSB as bait.

I can agree with Dick on some of the points made above, not all.  ADSB is not ‘the’ killer.

His comments on the CASA board and Skidmore are spot on, as it happens.  Once again we see the results of a weak, toothless, disengaged Miniscule; an emasculated Board, a McComic look alike running the show (only more venal, disingenuous and duplicitous) fully embracing, fostering and promoting the very culture which is in dire need of reform.  

I must avoid specifics, to protect sources, suffice to say, if ever the Senators or industry heavyweights catch even a glimpse behind the subterfuge and understand exactly what is truly going on inside the core, they would be stunned.  The Board is stunned, stalemated and discovering just how powerless and inutile they truly are.  You may discern the facts for yourself; watch the way small things are managed, it will give you all the clues.  Alternatively, follow the CVD story – all there, writ large.  It will not be ADSB that kills this industry; it will be Truss, Skidmore and Aleck sitting in clover watching the slow, agonising death throes, enjoying the show.  

ADSB is a sideshow, a distraction to suck attention away from the Forsyth review and it’s non implementation, to cover the introduction of a rule set which is unbelievable and the protection of the chosen few.  

The time taken by the Senate committee to even get answers to QoN, let alone useful truthful answers gives you an idea of how the game is played.  By the time any of this disgusting rule set gets within a country mile of an inquiry – it will be too late.  Far too late for this industry.  Industry must bear some of the blame, for sitting by, protecting what they have, so afraid to rock the boat that they passively accept rape as inevitable, even settle back to enjoy it.  

Sorry boys and girls, but ADSB will not kill off this industry; it will be the law, the new law, the enforcement of that law, the selective interpretation of that law; and, prosecution under that law which sounds the death knell.  

Enjoy ‘em while you got ‘em; can’t fly ‘em around a prison yard.

Toot toot.

Bravo Ferryman - I think  Confused Wink

FACT - General Aviation is a major lifeline of the Bush.

Regional & Secondary Airports and the GA aircraft that use them provide many essential services - mail, freight, jobs, medical services (Flying Doctors, EMS Helos, Angel Flight charity etc) - to local communities. Without the town airports, people from the Bush become that much more isolated,  businesses stagnate & eventually towns shrink and die - FACT.  

Next - Dick needs to get back to what he does best, disseminating the 'message' to the common man. Like he did so eloquently here:

Senate Inquiry - ASA Performance 18/08/15 - Dick Smith Part II

[u]Senate Inquiry - ASA Performance 18/08/15 - Dick Smith Part III [/u]

Senate Inquiry - ASA Performance 18/08/15 - Dick Smith Part IV

From off the AP.. Smile 

Quote:Nick Xenophon - The surrogate Minister for Aviation?? #23

Thought I'd rehash on here a comment post I put on Ben's excellent run of articles related to PelAir..

Quote:PAIN_P2

Posted March 25, 2015 at 8:21 am |
Top comment comet! Especially this bit…

“…This is the reason politicians look at the airlines as their masters, and not the travelling public. It’s the reason why airlines in Australia can get the government to do their bidding. And it’s the reason that the fiercest objection comes from an independent politician, who doesn’t receive those party ‘donations’, while the big parties sit on their hands…”

Almost as good as this from Ben’s Crikey insider article…

“…What about the Pel-Air crash anyhow? Where is it at?
Where to start? A rotten-to-the-core safety regulator, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, hid the truth about its own culpability in setting up the administrative vacuum in which Pel-Air was able to break dozens of rules or obligations; the safety investigator the Australian Transport Safety Bureau tried to pin it all on the pilot; and the ATSB’s Canadian peers told them they had screwed up, also revealing in passing that the final report was preceded by turmoil within the ATSB as it wrestled with its direction in the final months before it was released.

That ATSB report is now being redone, unfortunately by the ATSB, possibly adding to the damage this episode has done to Australia’s air safety reputation, and to the lives of all onboard the Pel-Air flight, including Bernie Currall, the patient, who died earlier this month…”

Bravo Ben!

On the auntypru.com forum there are several threads dealing with the whole PelAir debacle but for those with an interest for AAI forensic examination this one will be of most interest – The search for investigative probity:
http://auntypru.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10&pid=236#pid236

Cheers P2

Then I noticed this article from Business Insider Australia - [/url]Millionaire adventurer Dick Smith is threatening to get into politics

Quote:Australian-made advocate, adventurer, pilot and one-time electronics entrepreneur Dick Smith is threatening to launch a political party aimed at the Senate unless he sees reform at CASA (Civil Aviation and Safety Authority) and in the government’s general aviation policy.

Smith announced during the launch of the Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal today that he has registered the business name The Dick Smith Party. The adventurer and pilot, who founded Dick Smith Electronics, and went on to launch Dick Smith Foods in 1999, has been a vociferous critic of the Australian aviation industry’s regulators and told Business Insider he was frustrated by the bureaucracy and its rules.

“If the government doesn’t do what it said it would do and remove red tape, then we’ll look at standing candidates,” he said.
“Starting a political party is the last thing I want to do, but if I have to, I will”.

The 71-year-old says he won’t be standing or putting money into the party, which has yet to be registered, just his time.

“We’ll have some good policies and some great young people as candidates,” he said.

Smith has long campaigned against the foreign ownership of Australian companies, and for a cap on population growth.

He says general aviation is being driven to the wall by over-regulation and desperately needs reform, but it’s being stymied.

“There a one-way ratchet of increasing bureaucracy. I see the industry, which I love, being destroyed by increasing red tape and costs,” he said.

“I was out at Bankstown [airport] the other day, where there were thriving flying schools, and now I’m peering into locked hangars.”

Smith says he reached the tipping point last year, when new compliance regulations for private pilots,
[url=http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:PWA::pc=PARTS061]known as Part 61
, were introduced.

“It’s the complete opposite to removing red tape, instead adding millions of dollars in compliance costs for the industry, but with no safety reason.

“It will increase my flying costs by about $5000 a year and I’m just a private pilot. Now I can afford it, but this will further destroy an industry that could be employing thousands of Australians,” Smith said....

Now you may not agree with all or some of Dick's ideas - on the administration of aviation safety in this country - but there is no denying that he has got it right in large parts throughout that article... 

Maybe Dick you should be talking to Nick it sounds like you might have a few things in common... 
And also off the UP:
Quote:Dick Smith (from the heart ):

Philby, Burgess and Maclean in the Aviation Bureaucracy?

camber3 – you are basically correct when you state,

Quote:

“I've heard it's a party to address the country's sustainability problem worsened by population growth levels, lack of foresight in planning, plus reduction in bureaucratic red tape”.

About a year ago the people involved in the Sustainable Population movement asked me if I would lend my name to a political party they were setting up. Their pretty thorough research had shown that they would get a couple of senators up if they had my name tied-up with their Party. I refused because I believe having more and more political parties is a disaster for our country – especially considering that some of them seem to be pretty loopy.

However, times have changed and I’m so bloody angry at the way the present Government is destroying general aviation – an industry I love.

Yes, I can assure you I can afford all the extra costs of Part 61 and just about everything else they throw at me. However, for me to walk around Bankstown Airport and see the hangars locked-up of businesses that were once thriving makes me feel sick.

I have been “duchessed” for the last fifteen years by people in the bureaucracy. In fact, I am beginning to feel that within the aviation bureaucracy is Philby, Burgess and Maclean. Remember after World War 2 the British and American intelligence services could not work out why, despite an enormous amount of work, they could get nowhere in the espionage game. Of course it was because these three and others within their organisations were undermining everything they do.

No, I am not suggesting there is a “traitor” or “communist supporter” within the bureaucracy, but I think there are at least three people who have been there for years and have deluded themselves into believing that no changes are necessary. This delusion has become so overpowering that they do everything they can to stop the move to reducing costs.

And they are successful. We have a Government that said they are going to reduce unnecessary costs and red tape when clearly the opposite is happening in aviation.

Yes, the substantial interest of mine is the fact that politicians tell us we can have perpetual growth forever in our economic system when anyone with any brains knows this is impossible. We have to actually live in balance.

Of course any party with the name “Dick Smith” this will be the major issue. In other ways it will be very much middle-of-the-road as I am. However, if they are going to use my name I will make sure they have a damn good aviation policy including that of the Coalition two elections ago, viz

Quote:

Australia will become a leader in the world in flight training and recreational aviation bringing tens of millions of dollars of overseas export income to Australia.

Of course, this would all be completely solved and I would not have to lend my name to a party if the Government did what it said it was going to do, but for some incredible reason I don’t see this happening.

To see the locked-up hangars at Bankstown storing junk and knowing that tens of thousands of jobs could be provided around Australia is nothing short of criminal as far as I am concerned.

The Philbys, Burgesses and Macleans may have deluded themselves into deriving some form of satisfaction but they have certainly been successful in undermining an otherwise viable industry.

Time gentleman (& Ladies)..time!
& from about page 3 off the P7 - SHAME for Truss.

Dick I truly understand your frustrations & your disappointment with your latest meeting with the Board & Skidmore's diabolical attitude to your (& industry) concerns - it is simply gut wrenching to watch an industry you love be decimated by bureaucratic & government apathy... Angry

However you knew it wouldn't be easy, that's why you registered your party in the first place is it not? You now know the target - the dopey Minister & his beloved National Party so let's bring it on... Wink

MTF...P2 Tongue

Ps An Dick stay off the UP you know it only frustrates you.. Rolleyes   

Dick Smith come on down, your the next contestant on 'Aviation just isn't right'!

Albo the great white whale- I was disgusted with Albanese for many reasons, the main one being his non-interest in aviation matters. However, it didn't surprise me considering he is a pompous prat from the land of blue blood. Politicians of his ilk are more used to eating with silver cutlery and paying a thousand bucks for an overpriced hand crank after dining on lobster and red wine in one of Sydney's most eloquent establishments. Ya'all a bunch of shit stains on society. Presses button, flush!

Farmer Truss - I had hoped might be different. A man of the land, a farmer, a bloke with a first hand understanding of regional issues facing those who inhale dust and sweat throughout the Australian centre and along the barren edges of this great country. I also thought some of his Nationals mates like Barnaby Joyce might be worth more than a pinch of pooh on the footpath. But clowns like him are too busy chasing down pirate actors rodent sized dogs through Customs. Wa#nkers. Sure, some Farmer types are a little sun kissed and are fond of a knothole in the fence or a potty calf, but they mean well, understand regional GA challenges and are in a prime position to act on their knowledge and help fix the system. But nah, not our National Party, they are too busy sitting in swanky Can'tberra restaurants eating imported Wagyu and some of the finest fruits that other countries can export to us. Ya'all a bunch of shit stains on society. Presses button, flush!

Green Party - OMG. Another complete joke. What do they actually do apart from partake in hoovering the taxpayer trough? Their brains have rotted from snorting farm pesticides and smoking whale blubber. Another missed opportunity in which a party as such could target Government weak spots including aviation, with the disgraceful shenanigans of Bankstown, it's toxic underlay and the flooding of homes and polluting a river system for starters! But nah, they are a Green Party, environment lovers etc, why worry about somewhere like Bankstown and every other airport contaminated by the Firies foaming white toxic pollutants? Green Party, yeah sure, call it the 'Brown Party'. Ya'all a bunch of shit stains on society. Presses button, flush!

Unless a miracle comes from above, soon, and miraculously changes our long established political landscape then I'm afraid it's all about to end in a big steaming mess.

(10-31-2015, 07:54 PM)Gobbledock Wrote:  Dick Smith come on down, your the next contestant on 'Aviation just isn't right'!

Albo the great white whale- I was disgusted with Albanese for many reasons, the main one being his non-interest in aviation matters. However, it didn't surprise me considering he is a pompous prat from the land of blue blood. Politicians of his ilk are more used to eating with silver cutlery and paying a thousand bucks for an overpriced hand crank after dining on lobster and red wine in one of Sydney's most eloquent establishments. Ya'all a bunch of shit stains on society. Presses button, flush!

Farmer Truss - I had hoped might be different. A man of the land, a farmer, a bloke with a first hand understanding of regional issues facing those who inhale dust and sweat throughout the Australian centre and along the baron edges of this great country. I also thought some of his Nationals mates like Barnaby Joyce might be worth more than a pinch of pooh on the footpath. But clowns like him are too busy chasing down pirate actors rodent sized dogs through Customs. Wa#nkers. Sure, some Farmer types are a little sun kissed and are fond of a knothole in the fence or a potty calf, but they mean well, understand regional GA challenges and are in a prime position to act on their knowledge and help fix the system. But nah, not our National Party, they are too busy sitting in swanky Can'tberra restaurants eating imported Wagyu and some of the finest fruits that other countries can export to us. Ya'all a bunch of shit stains on society. Presses button, flush!

Green Party - OMG. Another complete joke. What do they actually do apart from partake in hoovering the taxpayer trough? Their brains have rotted from snorting farm pesticides and smoking whale blubber. Another missed opportunity in which a party as such could target Government weak spots including aviation, with the disgraceful shenanigans of Bankstown, it's toxic underlay and the flooding of homes and polluting a river system for starters! But nah, they are a Green Party, environment lovers etc, why worry about somewhere like Bankstown and every other airport contaminated by the Firies foaming white toxic pollutants? Green Party, yeah sure, call it the 'Brown Party'. Ya'all a bunch of shit stains on society. Presses button, flush!

Unless a miracle comes from above, soon, and miraculously changes our long established political landscape then I'm afraid it's all about to end in a big steaming mess.

And that just breaks my heart.

Mangled myth and Snow-jobs.

I doubt Dick has quit the fight; he may for several reasons be contemplating ‘fleet rationalisation’ i.e. ‘down-sizing’, which makes sense.  I am uncertain of how much an annual  check flight on each individual type costs – but just the chopper alone must cost – what? 20 K each iteration.  Nah, Dick has used a situation to his advantage and to make a point; Part 61 is counterproductive - if his health stays good he won’t be quitting, not yet a while.

I’d reckon Dick's call to sell up was a more of sign that Skidmore has no intention of changing Part 61 and is still holding hands and slobbering over the Weeks creature and his potted, cockamamie philosophy.  Talk about the blind leading the blind, strewth.

Whilst I may agree in principal with the GD calls on the ‘parties’ in general terms of they being totally useless; the Senators who have been ‘educated’ and understand the game do a sterling job – for aviation.  They achieve little, but not for the reason GD cites.  When Dick and the Senators get the true tale out there, the public for a short while at least, pay attention.  I wonder if a public outcry over the way their money is being spent to provide no tangible improvement in efficiency or ‘safety’; or, even the detrimental effect that pointless spending has on the economy would make any difference.  Without a concerted effort -  I doubt it.

So we come back to why CASA, despite all protest, logic and common sense persist along the road to industry collapse?  You can, a little, understand the reasons why.  The open conflict between Skidmore and his board being one glimpse; ego, arrogance, gross ignorance and a defensive attitude on one side, no horsepower on the other.  The traditional iron control of power being another, the lack of accountability another; and, the easy escape route for the incumbent miniscule another.  A gentleman would resign............a more able man would stare down the iron ring.....Alas, we have neither.

Where no one has control of a system and that system is determined not to be controlled or accountable you end up with a thing like CASA which not only believes it is above the law, but has had that notion conformed by a court.

Let me rephrase that: when the cries of outrage of clever, articulate, influential people like the Senate committee, Forsyth, Boyd, Smith, the heads of the various alphabet associations etc. are ignored and the Minister looks away – what ducking chance is there that things will improve?Short of divine intervention, for the while, they have the game sewn up.  

Aye, we got sold a pup; lulled and conned by the belief that the Forsyth reform was real and Skidmore was 'the man' to get it done.  Bollocks - Skidmore is no more a reform DAS than I am women’s fashion designer; in fact, I probably have more idea about and concern for ladies fashions than he does about reforming CASA first and then the regulatory system.  It’s all a question of what interests, you see.  

Selah.
Photo 

Gentlemen and Ladies,
Everyone seems so depressed and angry at the Travesty and tragedy that has befallen our industry, I felt instead of a Sunday ramble I'd make do with a little levitee, at CAsA's expense of course... Tongue

Below is a new page to be inserted in each and every QRH in Australia.
Now we know the angst felt by many on the amateurish, dangerous checklists inflicted on us by those aeroclub Wallah FOI's, This one actually makes sense!!

CHEER UP MY FRIENDS, IT AINT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!

Attached Files
.pdf Checklist procedure.pdf Size: 88.27 KB  Downloads: 20

Afternoon quickie from off the Yaffa - Passing strange? 

From Dougy's wrap this week:
Quote:..The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development is funding a comprehensive study of the current skill levels and future skill needs of the aviation/aerospace industry. Manufacturing Skills Australia and the Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council are driving the study - and are seeking industry input into the study. In particular it will seek industry perspectives on:
* areas currently experiencing skills shortages
* emerging skills and industry’s capacity to meet demand
* factors affecting labour supply
* the current training framework, including the quality of skills training, and the impact of training costs
* the impact of Asia-Pacific traffic growth and opportunities for the Australian aviation industry;
* measures industry can implement to respond to these aviation workforce challenges
 Links to TLISC’s website and surveys can be found here. But all needs to be in by COB 13 November,..

Quote:02 Nov 2015

Major study of the skills needs of the Australian Aviation/Aerospace industry commenced
[Image: 2015.11.Aviation%20skills%20study.jpg]
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development are funding a major study into the current skill levels and future skill needs of the Australian aviation/aerospace industry.

The study is being undertaken by the Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council (TLISC). MSA, as the Industry Skills Council for aerospace manufacturing and maintenance engineering sectors, is pleased to be collaborating with TLISC on this study.

We invite all enterprises and training organisations within the sectors to ‘have your say’ by providing a submission or completing a short survey. More information on the study can be found on the TLISC website.

Surveys and submissions will close on COB Friday 13 November 2015.
If you have any questions about this project please do not hesitate to get in contact with Brian Cobb or Jane Newton.

At a meeting of peak aviation representative bodies, TAAAF expressed considerable concern at the a slow pace of reform of CASA and the ongoing cost impositions from new regulations. TAAAF encouraged the CASA Board to persevere with their clear, Government- mandated cultural change agenda. New CASA regulations are threatening the viability of industry and especially general aviation operations, with millions of dollars required to be invested for no commensurate safety gains. TAAAF welcomed the Director of Aviation Safety’s Directive 01/2015 on cost and risk and asked that it be applied to all CASA regulations. TAAAF recommends the CASA Board redouble CASA efforts to urgently abolish CAO 48.1, establish an industry task force to propose urgent exemptions and amendments to Part 61, 141, 142 and revised transitional arrangements to allow the industry to function, and reform aviation manufacturing regulations.

TAAAF says that, ‘While there is some good work being undertaken by CASA, it is being swamped by the damage being caused by legacy regulations only now coming into force’.

Would you agree that the removal of ‘strict liability’ from aviation regulations is necessary to bring about a sound and trusted safety culture?  One reader says that, ‘I do not believe that CASA can have a Just Culture policy whilst the regulations are written the way they are, they are clearly not compatible.  If you go back to the 2003 FLOT conference that CASA facilitated, one of the recommendations from industry was that one of the greatest hazards to aviation safety was the Attorney Generals Department.  It was never acted on and this showed quite clearly who was running the rules.  I don’t believe much has changed in that regard.  I understand that this is not something that comes under the mantle of the CASA Board, but it should be understood the effect it has on what CASA is responsible for…. safety. 

‘We have regulations that include Strict Liability on almost every page.  The side issue is that the regulations are not read by those at the coal face any more, only the lawyers.  That is certainly not promoting an understanding of the rules and any sort of just culture policy.’

If you in or near Sydney in early December, the AvLaw Cup will be held at Kogarah Golf Club on Friday 4 December from 0800 to 1400. An all inclusive registration fee of $99 per player includes lunch and more. And there’s a special guest speaker in Jeff Boyd, Chairman of the CASA board. Registration is $65 to attend the luncheon only from 1230 till 1400. If you’re interested I can supply contact details. Proceeds from the day go to Careflight...

... This week sees me stepping aside as editor of Aviation Business, so that I can invest more time and energy in other projects. Long-time senior contributor Denise McNabb takes over at the magazine’s controls. But I will continue to write Insights each week, to share my observations of the industry and, hopefully, to provoke some useful debate around issues. So please keep those emails and calls coming. I won’t take anonymous comment, but I am happy to withhold your name from publication. 
That TSLIC/DoIRD initiative was what Senator Fawcett was asking about at last Estimates:
Quote:Senator FAWCETT: Mr Mrdak, I think this applies to you and probably to Mr Skidmore. I understand the Transport and Logistic Industry Skills Council has been contracted by the department to do a study into the state of the aviation workforce. I am wanting to be assured that, in terms of coordination between the department and that study and work that CASA is doing around things like part 61, those two activities are going to be coordinated and will not unduly hold up the release of the new manual of standards for part 61, because it clearly has a flow-on to RTO approvals, even visa authorisations and a whole range of other things, that impact upon industry's ability to run a business.

Mr Mrdak : Certainly, that is our intent. Mr Doherty can give you an update of the work that the Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council are doing for us, but it is not our intent to hold up the part 61 reform agenda.

Mr Doherty : Yes, certainly, we are very aware of that connection. The proposal for the work which the Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council is doing was discussed at the minister's Aviation Industry Consultative Council meeting. That was an initiative that was brought out strongly there: the need to coordinate the syllabuses and curriculums for the different exercises to make sure that, as far as possible, we have the training organisations aligning with the requirements of the CASA regulations, so it was very much in mind for that exercise.

Senator FAWCETT: Thank you.

MTF...P2 Tongue

Perhaps Peetwo, the Murky Mandarin, instead of colluding with development sharks looking for a quick and easy buck at the expense of secondary airports and general aviation, should devote some of his time to actually assist in developing and supporting INFRASTRUCTURE, that is after all what his minister's portfolio is supposed to do.
Not assist Billionaire development sharks to make their second billion building shopping center's by destroying INFRASTUCTURE.

Quote:DN - "This week sees me stepping aside as editor of Aviation Business, so that I can invest more time and energy in other projects."

“A good riddance”: the editor of a flying magazine, in Australia, pushing the ‘party line’ and drooling over the blether from the Safe Skies WOTAM, indeed.  Shame on you Nancarrow.  What was it, the booze, the buzz or the promises?  Now bugger off and find your backbone; it’s probably in someone’s back pocket.

Dougy must have taken up a permanent role under Skid'Mark or Sir Anus's desk!!
Anyway, he must be feeling 'match fit' and ready for his new role. Dougy make sure you use Chapstick on your lips and wear knee pads, safety first and all that!

And please, don't bang the door on your way out.

From off the Yaffa - Oliver back from leave?? (sorry Hitch catching up Wink )

Running in line with the AA blog piece:
(11-10-2015, 08:51 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  Oliver pissing into wind  Big Grin

Called back from leave Olive Slydmore-Twist is now trying to put out the fire lit by the IOS on all North, East & South approaches to Fort Fumble Confused

Here is his latest call to arms - bloody tosspot Dodgy :

Quote:New taskforce to implement licensing suite solutions

A special taskforce is being set up within CASA to address outstanding issues with the new licensing suite of regulations.

The 26-person taskforce will work full-time on finding solutions to issues identified with Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Parts 61, 64, 141 and 142.

The taskforce will work closely with a new advisory panel made up of people representing a wide range of sectors across the aviation community.

Key aviation representative organisations have been invited to take up positions on the advisory panel.

These include The Australian Aviation Associations Forum, the Regional Aviation Association of Australia, the Australian Helicopter Industry Association, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the Australian Business Aviation Association, the Royal Federation of Aero Clubs of Australia and the Aerial Application Association of Australia.

Representatives will also be included from the regular public transport and mustering sectors, along with key people from flying training schools and the tertiary education sector.

CASA’s Director of Aviation Safety, Mark Skidmore, said the Part 61 Solutions Taskforce and the advisory panel will work intensively to address unintended consequences in the licensing suite.

“CASA has already addressed many concerns that have been identified in the new licensing regulations but I understand more needs to be done,” Mr Skidmore said.

“This is a priority and that’s why I need a dedicated team of people within CASA working full-time on the issues.

“Just as importantly we need advice and guidance from the aviation community to prioritise actions and verify that successful solutions have been found.

“The advisory panel will meet formally as required and at other times I expect its members to be in close contact with the CASA taskforce as work progresses.

“I require real solutions to the issues with the licensing suite as quickly as they can be delivered.”

It is expected the taskforce will begin by reviewing transition arrangements and then prioritising issues.  The taskforce will begin work immediately.

The taskforce will ensure known or likely safety risks continue to be effectively addressed by the licensing regulations.

At the same time it will make sure unnecessary costs are not imposed by the regulations and that they are not an impediment to participation in aviation or potential future growth.

To date 98 issues with the licensing suite have been raised with CASA through feedback and input from the aviation community.  More than half of these have been addressed, with work well advanced on the balance.

Action taken to date includes publishing legislative instruments, extending the 14 day dual check requirement for student pilots to 30 days, R22 and R44 helicopters no longer classified as type-rated aircraft, information sheets have been produced to provide clearer guidance and information, instruments are in place to ensure CAR 217 organisations are properly authorised to conduct flying training activities during the transition period, authorisations are in place for check pilots to conduct operator proficiency checks, changes have been made to English language proficiency requirements and an exemption in relation to low-level rating requirements.

CASA has also announced an extension of the transition period for Parts 141 and 142 of the licensing suite.

Transition for these Parts – which cover flying training – was scheduled to be completed by 31 August 2017.  This has now been extended by 12 months to 31 August 2018.
The additional transition time will give CASA more time to arrange a smooth transition by providing additional guidance material and for identified issues to be resolved.

Media contact:
Peter Gibson
Mobile: 0419 296 446
Email:peter.gibson@casa.gov.au
Ref: MR13215
Also covered by AA:

Quote:CASA sets up full-time taskforce to deal with new licensing regulations

November 10, 2015 by australianaviation.com.au
[Image: CASAlogo750x420.jpg](Photo credit: CASA)

Australia’s Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) will establish a dedicated team of full-time staff to address issues raised by the suite of new licensing regulations.

There will be 26 people assigned to the taskforce, whose job it will be to find solutions to issues identified with CASA’s Regulations Parts 61, 64, 141 and 142, CASA said in a statement on Tuesday.

CASA said the taskforce, which was expected to begin work immediately, would initially focus on reviewing transition arrangements and prioritising issues.

“The taskforce will ensure known or likely safety risks continue to be effectively addressed by the licensing regulations,” CASA said.

“At the same time it will make sure unnecessary costs are not imposed by the regulations and that they are not an impediment to participation in aviation or potential future growth.”

In addition to the taskforce, CASA has also invited representatives from the nation’s key aviation industry groups – The Australian Aviation Associations Forum, the Regional Aviation Association of Australia, the Australian Helicopter Industry Association, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the Australian Business Aviation Association, the Royal Federation of Aero Clubs of Australia and the Aerial Application Association of Australia – to join a new advisory panel.

The panel will also include representatives from the regular public transport and mustering sectors, flying schools, and the tertiary education sector.

CASA director of aviation safety Mark Skidmore said the taskforce and advisory panel would work “intensively” to address unintended consequences in the licensing suite.
“CASA has already addressed many concerns that have been identified in the new licensing regulations but I understand more needs to be done,” Skidmore said in a statement.

“This is a priority and that’s why I need a dedicated team of people within CASA working full-time on the issues.

“Just as importantly we need advice and guidance from the aviation community to prioritise actions and verify that successful solutions have been found.

“The advisory panel will meet formally as required and at other times I expect its members to be in close contact with the CASA taskforce as work progresses.

“I require real solutions to the issues with the licensing suite as quickly as they can be delivered.”

CASA said it had already addressed more than half of the 98 licensing issues that came up via feedback from industry and the aviation community.

The aviation safety watchdog has also announced a one-year extension of the transition period for Parts 141 and 142, which cover flying training. The transition now has to be completed by August 31 2018.

“The additional transition time will give CASA more time to arrange a smooth transition by providing additional guidance material and for identified issues to be resolved,” CASA said.

The Australian Aviation Associations’ Forum recently expressed concern with the slow pace of change at CASA and the cost of compliance with new regulations.

And Australian Helicopter Industry Association president Peter Crook has urged his colleagues to “take a stand against the unfair treatment of our industry by the regulator and stop the distraction caused by the mismanaged regulatory reform process”.

“We have been working hard to protect the industry’s existence but it seems CASA is not listening, heeding our suggestions or accepting our offers of assistance,” Crook wrote to AHIA members.

Oliver mate you'll get nowhere pissin' into wind Wink

MTF..P2 Tongue   

Courtesy Oz Flying:

Quote:[Image: Sharp_training_DA674330-ED4E-11E4-8797024BE8AEE035.jpg]
Australia's flying training and licensing systems have been shaken up with the introduction of CASR Part 61. (Steve Hitchen)

CASA establishes Licensing Regulation Task Force
10 Nov 2015

CASA today announced it has established a task force to address the numerous issues with the new suite licensing regulations.

The 26-person TF will work full-time on resolving problems with CASR Parts 61, 64, 141 and 142, working closely with an advisory panel made up of people from the aviation community.

Several key organisations have already been invited onto the advisory panel including The Australian Aviation Associations Forum (TAAAF), the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), the Aviation Business Association of Australia (ABAA) and the Royal Federation of Aero Clubs Australia (RFACA).

Other representatives from the regular public transport, mustering, training and tertiary institutions have also been invited onto the panel.

CASA’s Director of Aviation Safety, Mark Skidmore, said the Part 61 Solutions Taskforce and the advisory panel will work intensively to address unintended consequences in the licensing suite.

“CASA has already addressed many concerns that have been identified in the new licensing regulations but I understand more needs to be done,” Skidmore said.

The TF is expected to begin work immediately, with one of the aims to ensure that the new regulations don't impose unnecessary costs or restrictions on the aviation industry and make sure they are not an impediment to future growth.

Parts 61 and 64 relate to licensing and approvals, and Parts 141 and 142 apply to flying schools. CASA has been under extreme pressure from the aviation community to resolve issues with the new regulations that have seen flying training organisations confused and overloaded with trying to comply.

As well as the new task force, CASA has extended the deadline for training organisations to change to the new regulations by another year. The deadline is now 31 August 2018
Trouble is the IOS are done with talking: AOPA Australia - Project Eureka #3
Quote:Marc,

As a member of AOPA for some forty-five years and dismayed at the death by a thousand cuts by government of what was our perfectly good GA industry, I am happy to have my name published. Marc I really appreciate your forthright approach to the reforms that are required. 

Great to see AOPA taking the fight up to government for our rights to fly. 

I would like to see AOPA make the following points part of our non negotiable minimum demands before we give any respect to CASA, let alone detailed cooperation.

1.  Formally eschew the outdated notion that government confers "privileges" of flight to a free people, our right to fly is part of our right to life and pursuit of happiness.

2.   Demand of government an amendment to the Civil Aviation Act that adds the well being and efficiency of the aviation industry.

3.   Take immediate action to reduce the medical requirements for private pilots in line with the low weight.  category as in car driving standards, and as in the US movement to delete the Cl

4.    Instigate a moratorium on the compulsory SIDs program. 

5.    Allow instructors to teach without our super expensive unnecessary Air Operator Certificate, as in the US 70% pilots taught by individual instructors.

6.   Allow LAMEs to work without C of A in field maintenance.

7.   Delete the strict liability provisions from the rules.

We must make it crystal clear to government that we will not abide by anything but root and branch reform. No more polite talks or time wasting fiddling at the edges or picking over minutiae through thousands of pages of strict liability straight jacket rules.

We must make it clear that action is required now, no more talk.

Finally, could we get a large meeting organised  in Canberra next year when Parliament is sitting with help from MPs to promote our growth policies for GA? 

Kind regards,

Sandy Reith

10,000 hr former aircraft and airport owner operator IFR Chief Flying Instructor, CASA approved license testing, Chief Pilot, RPT, charter, freight, flying school 

AOPA #17871

&.. from AHIA:
Quote:The AHIA has noted that the Director of Aviation Safety Mark Skidmore has continued his commitment to listen to the industry by travelling around the countryside meeting with a broader section of the aviation community. Whilst the AHIA encourages consultation there is a point where consultation fatigue will take over, and would respectfully suggest that the answers to the industry’s problems may not be in the small number of individuals who turn up to offer their individual perspective but more likely along the lines that associations like the AHIA and other peak industry bodies have previously provided to the DAS. “We would be encouraged by a change in direction to see the DAS and CASA’s managers focusing on solutions and deal with what has already been raised rather than trying to flush out another range of issues.” 

MTF..P2 Tongue

No shit Sherlock! Dodgy - Off Dougy's weekly wrap (Warning: Vomit bag maybe required Confused ):

Quote:Insights 12 November 2015

12 Nov 2015
Doug Nancarrow

There continues to be a stream of the right noises coming out of Canberra, though much of industry remains concerned that action is not following.

Of particular note this week is the message that acting Airservices CEO Jason Harfield is sharing with the organisation’s staff. In it he talks of the need to transform the ANSP and ‘do things differently to the way we are currently working’. He has also announced a ‘Business Diagnostic and Efficiency Review’ of the organisation, which starts immediately. ‘The operating environment has changed,’ he says, ‘the economic realities have changed; our industry has changed; technology has changed. And now we must change.’ 

Airservices has its annual get together with customers and other stakeholders, Waypoint, coming up on 3 December, in Canberra.

Meanwhile CASA has announced a special task force ‘to address outstanding issues with the new licensing suite of regulations’, working with an advisory panel which includes TAAAF, the RAAA, the AHIA, AOPA, the ABAA, the RFACA and the Aerial Application Association of Australia. Representatives will also be included from the regular public transport and mustering sectors, along with key people from flying training schools and the tertiary education sector.

‘CASA has already addressed many concerns that have been identified in the new licensing regulations but I understand more needs to be done,’ Mark Skidmore said. ‘This is a priority and that’s why I need a dedicated team of people within CASA working full-time on the issues. I require real solutions to the issues with the licensing suite as quickly as they can be delivered.’

But in the same week, the AHIA called for less talk and more action. The AHIA noted that the Director of Aviation Safety has continued his commitment to listen to the industry by travelling around the countryside meeting with a broader section of the aviation community, but warns that ‘there is a point where consultation fatigue will take over’. The AHIA has would suggested that the answers to the industry’s problems ‘may not be in the small number of individuals who turn up to offer their individual perspective, but more likely along the lines that associations like the AHIA and other peak industry bodies have previously provided to the DAS… We would be encouraged by a change in direction to see the DAS and CASA’s managers focusing on solutions and deal with what has already been raised rather than trying to flush out another range of issues.’ 

People I spoke to during the week were also of a mind that the action part of the equation is, or at least has been, missing. It’s heartening to hear the commitment to action in those words above but I fear industry is genuinely frustrated and no longer optimistic about outcomes... No shit Sherlock.. Dodgy
MTF...P2 Tongue

Douglas Am'a'sparrow said;

"There continues to be a stream of the right noises coming out of Canberra"

What 'right noises' are those Dougy? You panting as you busily lick Cantberrians assholes? The noise of Bureaucrats  'blowing in your ear'? The noise of 'plop plop plop' as the Miniscule drops more smoke n mirrors shit in our laps? The noise 'cha ching cha ching' as the same Cantberrians count their growing superannuation, bonuses and trough contents? The noise of IOS members in Can'tberra vomiting every time they read one of your brown nosing aviation articles? The noise of beds creaking as certain public servants enjoy the fruits of 'no-tell motels' c/o the taxpayer? The noise of Government shovels digging a giant hole that they are burying our industry in? 

Here is a noise Dougy - 'click' as you hang up your mouse and never pen another arse kissing article again. Dross

It really does typify CASA culture and the Slydmore approach to running the dog and pony show.

A 28 man team of tigers – probably led by the same half wit who engineered the 61 part duck-up; will now with the aid of 20/20 hindsight attempt to resurrect the corpse.  Only one fellah in history managed that trick and look what happened there.  

1) Order a shredder truck.

2) Get Mike Smith on jet.  Reform a speciality.

3) Give him two off-siders and the NZ 61.

4) Go away for a month.

When you return a sane, sound, sensible, understandable, version of 61 will be parked on the table, tied with a red ribbon.  Bring it to law, and forget about it – job done.  

Toot FFS Toot.

Willyleaks – top secret vision of the Tiger Team at work.   Caution -  Please destroy the information once you have viewed – lives may depend on the secret being kept.

(11-13-2015, 06:34 AM)kharon Wrote:  It really does typify CASA culture and the Slydmore approach to running the dog and pony show.

A 28 man team of tigers – probably led by the same half wit who engineered the 61 part duck-up; will now with the aid of 20/20 hindsight attempt to resurrect the corpse.  Only one fellah in history managed that trick and look what happened there.  

[Image: shred-on-site-loading-truck-300x200.jpg]
{NB: Two of the above are apparently already on 24hr stby Big Grin }

1) Order a shredder truck. (Check)

2) Get Mike Smith on jet.  Reform a speciality. (Can be arranged - although the bloke can't wait around forever.. Undecided }

3) Give him two off-siders and the NZ 61. {Plenty of vollies for this one - NZed 61 going cheap.. Wink }

4) Go away for a month. {Like that timeline - i.e. home for Xmas.. Big Grin }

When you return a sane, sound, sensible, understandable, version of 61 will be parked on the table, tied with a red ribbon.  Bring it to law, and forget about it – job done.  

Toot FFS Toot.

Willyleaks – top secret vision of the Tiger Team at work.   Caution -  Please destroy the information once you have viewed – lives may depend on the secret being kept.

Potential outcome when Wodger (Weekes-as-piss) finds the remains of his beloved Part 61... Big Grin

[Image: stock-photo-desperate-man-holding-a-gun-...167249.jpg]

{Rumour mil: Apparently all of the points 1-4 have been openly discussed, along with the wholesale slaughter of the Fort Fumble top ten and how the bodies could be disposed of... Big Grin 

Push past the PNR - A to Z groups must hold the line.

Now that the industry groups are somewhat singing from the same hymn sheet, now is not the time to cave into this regurgitated BOLLOCKS - courtesy Creepy Dodgy (best part of this shite is in BOLD Wink ):

Quote:Aviation industry groups wary over CASA revamp on rule changes  

[Image: 598524-d5a69f64-88ce-11e5-8b46-8e342e83f9ff.jpg]

CASA director of aviation ­safety Mark Skidmore is working on a revamp of controversial rule changes. Source: Supplied - { A Marked Man/Puppet??}

A Civil Aviation Safety Authority move to put more resources behind revamping controversial rule changes and set up an advisory panel representing key aviation groups has been cautiously welcomed by the industry.  

CASA director of aviation ­safety Mark Skidmore announced this week that a 26-member taskforce would work fulltime on addressing issues with controversial rule changes that have troubled the industry.

Mr Skidmore also invited aviation groups to nominate members to take up positions on the advisory panel, which will work with the taskforce to sort out the problems.
The authority said the taskforce would begin work immediately, reviewing transition arrangements and prioritising responses while making sure safety issues are ­addressed.

It would ensure the regulations did not impose unnecessary costs or impede the ability to participate in aviation or future growth.

Flight training organisations have been given a 12-month extension to August 31, 2018 to the switch to new rules.

The moves come after the Australian Aviation Associations Forum issued a strongly worded statement expressing concern at the slow pace of reform and the ongoing cost of new impositions from new regulations.

The forum warned that recently introduced CASA regulations were threatening the viability of the industry, particularly general aviation, with millions of dollars needed to be invested with no particular safety gains.

It singled out Civil Aviation order 48.1 and Civil Aviation ­safety regulations parts 61 (pilot licensing), 141 (recreational, private and commercial pilot training) and 142 (integrated and multi-crew pilot training and checking) as areas that urgently needed addressing.

The new taskforce will examine parts 61, 141, 142 and 64 (unlicensed personnel auth­orisations) and the advisory panel will comprise TAAAF members as well as representatives from flying schools, public transport, tertiary education, mustering sectors and training schools.

Mr Skidmore said he would implement “real solutions to the issues’’ as quickly as they could be delivered.

“CASA has already addressed many concerns that have been identified in the new licensing regulations but I understand more needs to be done,” Mr Skidmore said.
“This is a priority and that’s why I need a dedicated team of people within CASA working fulltime on the issues.

“The advisory panel will meet formally as required and at other times I expect its members to be in close contact with the CASA taskforce as work progresses.’’

TAAAF chairman Greg ­Russell welcomed the new de­velopments as “almost in line with the key issues which we put to them’’.

He believed the moves were a sign that the CASA board was ex­ercising more influence on the ­organisation.

“Yes, we’ve said some things that needed to be said but I think there’s been a pleasing response so far. There’s more work to do though,’’ Mr ­Russell said.

But Regional Aviation Association of Australia chief executive Paul Tyrrell was less convinced.

Quote:“CASA’s policy words have been good for some time,’’ he said. “It’s increased action on the Forsyth recommendations and new senior managers under the CEO that we need.’’

CASA says 98 issues have so far been raised about new rules and more than half have been addressed

It said the move to extend the deadline for parts 141 and 142 would give it more time to provide the industry with more guidance materials, sample manuals and example syllabuses.

MTF..P2 Tongue

If anyone actually has been taken in by this latest CASA soft soap, “The advisory panel will meet formally as required and at other times I expect its members to be in close contact with the CASA taskforce as work progresses.’’....well pity help us.
Surely it can be seen for what it is, just a softening, until the industry is so worn out that further resistance will be feeble and futile.

As far as I an concerned it would be traitorous to get on board with this travesty of "industry consultation".

Gentlemen and ladies all the recommendations, reports, submissions, and talkfests have been done. "Cautiously welcomed by industry"??????? Never seen more rubbish, if this is even slightly true then please you extraordinary and gullible optimists, all two or three of you, if you really exist, please, please do not be taken and led by hand into the mire of obfuscation, ego stroking platitudes, soothing words and the half truths all designed to stretch time and perpetuate the supremacy, status and salaries of CASA.  

We must resist and demand real reform now. Aviation businesses are going down the drain, your fellow aviator Aussies are trying to make ends meet while staring down both barrels. This is no joke, no cooperation, no more talking, no more kow towing, no more smarmy smiles and handshakes. Enough is enough. The Mad Hatter's tea party is over. If you are not quite convinced see what they tried to do to the late Mr Green, what they have done to Dom James and John Quadrio. Tips of iceberg.

Non negotiable reforms before any, stress any, cooperation:-
1. Delete reference to flight "privileges" from the rules. Free people have a right to fly.
2. Amend the Act to include the health of the industry, safety cannot improve without a growing and healthy industry.
3. Allow individual instructors to teach without our super expensive Air Operators Certificate, as in US 70% taught this way.
4. Allow LAMEs to maintain aircraft without Certificate of Approval, like US.
5. Remove the strict liability provisions from the regulations and most of the criminal law to be migrated to civil law.
6. Simplify the rules like FAA or NZ.
7.  No more AVMED for PPLs, car driving standard is proven just as safe.

Remember how quickly the immigration rules were changed when the pilots went on strike? Hawke said bring in pilots from other countries, mainly the US, they were here in days. These pilots were trained as above point point 3.